ADVERTISEMENT

MAC talk

I find it very suspicious that Liberty suddenly decided "Never mind, we'll join after all!" What crazy percentage of the exit fees will they (and FCS programs) be getting from everyone who is leaving? Who knows if we stay what the divvying up of money will look like?
Where are you getting this idea from? You won’t take seriously unverified info from a guy who’s information has been right more often than not. You will also believe speculation that Liberty turned down C-USA a week or so ago but then have no problem with absurd speculation that Liberty is being incentivized? What?? Liberty offered C-USA over $20M a few years ago just to be in the league. And now they need a handout?? Liberty doesn’t need any incentives.

There is absolutely no credibility that Liberty turned down C-USA. Nor is there any to this idea. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe. I don't know. How much of a split will there be? Who knows at this point.

I can say that if that split comes to fruition, i'd rather be with the G5 teams like the MAC/Belt/AAC/MWC than with the FCS teams. Whatever they manage to carve out of that is still going to be better than being just another regional small-time nobody indistinguishable from Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech and ETSU.

I think to the casual fan, we are still just a regional small time program indistinguishable from those schools. Even if we are in the MAC or another G5 conference. If you are not P5, you are just a nice storyline to the main event.

To the casual fan, I doubt many realize App St was FCS when they beat Michigan. I had a discussion this year with a somewhat casual P5 fan and he honestly didn’t know that App had moved up, MT was FBS or that Boise St was FBS when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. It already is the P5, then everyone else.

We are talking true opinions and preferences over what is best for the school. I would enjoy smoking the Clown College over any MAC school.

Where are you getting this idea from? You won’t take seriously unverified info from a guy who’s information has been right more often than not. You will also believe speculation that Liberty turned down C-USA a week or so ago but then have no problem with absurd speculation that Liberty is being incentivized? What?? Liberty offered C-USA over $20M a few years ago just to be in the league. And now they need a handout?? Liberty doesn’t need any incentives.

There is absolutely no credibility that Liberty turned down C-USA. Nor is there any to this idea. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Thanks for taking the bait and proving my point. Apply that same doubt to a random post on a message board from someone who was recently wrong about the same conference (MAC). I can definitely believe a 25 year GOR is a possibility, though I have doubts about accuracy of certain things that MU fan posts, and hope we don't take it, but - to repeat myself - I'm happy to wait and see what happens.

I'm a southern guy through and through. I actually moved "north" to TN and never left. Never been a big MAC fan because they are even farther north. However, I am now getting excited for a potential move to the MAC. We're a very good fit right now and it is a very stable conference. MT will never be what we as fans WANT them to be or what we could have potentially been if our administration hadn't been completely incompetent. We are what we are and until M&M and CRS are gone, I don't expect anything to improve. MAC is a good fit. I think they announce the move at halftime during MT/WKU game this weekend.

I think to the casual fan, we are still just a regional small time program indistinguishable from those schools. Even if we are in the MAC or another G5 conference. If you are not P5, you are just a nice storyline to the main event.

To the casual fan, I doubt many realize App St was FCS when they beat Michigan. I had a discussion this year with a somewhat casual P5 fan and he honestly didn’t know that App had moved up, MT was FBS or that Boise St was FBS when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. It already is the P5, then everyone else.

We are talking true opinions and preferences over what is best for the school. I would enjoy smoking the Clown College over any MAC school.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think there is some awareness and respect that the G5 enjoys that we wouldn't in the FCS. Huge wins vs teams like GT, Cuse, Mizzou don't happen if we're in FCS. Even on the MAC board, when discussing MT, they seem to think we're much better than we are. We won't suck forever, and when we do get out from under Stockstill, I think it would be far more fun to be in FBS.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and Hop45
Domer doesn't use meth. He was on opioids for a while but now he's over at Stonecrest on a ventilator fighting for his life because he refused to get vaccinated or wear a mask when he shopped at his favorite store (Tractor Supply). His QAnon friends told him to take some of his dog's heartworm preventative because it contained ivermectin and that would keep him from catching covid which they also said was a hoax and didn't exist.

Poor Domer. He's always been a bit on the gullible side. Now it's going to bite him in the a55 once and for all. He used to eat paste in first grade because a kid told him it would taste like vanilla ice cream.

Bless his heart.
I was laughing until you said his favorite store is Tractor Supply! 😠😆

I was laughing until you said his favorite store is Tractor Supply! 😠😆
I have little bone to pick with the Smyrna TSC store anyway. They are supposed to carry Nulo Frontrunner with Ancient Grains: Pork, Barley & Beef Adult Dry Dog Food. But they never have it. My Carolina Dog loves it. And yes, Carolina Dog is an actual breed. The TSC chain did open a pet store website (PetSense) to compete with that well-known site that PetSmart owns. Next bone to pick: neither carries the 11 pound bag. It's either the bag that's too small for anything bigger than a Paris Hilton foo-foo dog or the ginormous epic size bag. Sometimes Amazon has the 11 pound bag but don't they make too much $$$$$$$ already anyway?

xv2IHq0E_400x400.jpg

No... not a husky or a shepherd. A Carolina Dog... the "American Dingo"

Just saw this on the C-USA board posted by a Marshall fan.

WKU and MTSU to the MAC on Hold

Just heard that the WKU/MTSU to the MAC has hit a sticking point. Supposedly the MAC is wanting to lock WKU and MTSU into signing a long-term 25 year GOR commitment to the conference. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Maybe WKU/MTSU can negotiate and knock it down some? That is crazy long.
THAT POST HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE GOR IS ACTUALLY 15 YEARS. That is a much more reasonable starting point of negotiation.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
The number is 15 not 25. They will negotiate down. It will get done.
Sounds like ESPN wants to extend their MAC contract and this would lock us in for that period of time. I wouldn't have an issue with this if we say yes but you have to waive initiation fee.

Reactions: Hop45
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think there is some awareness and respect that the G5 enjoys that we wouldn't in the FCS. Huge wins vs teams like GT, Cuse, Mizzou don't happen if we're in FCS. Even on the MAC board, when discussing MT, they seem to think we're much better than we are. We won't suck forever, and when we do get out from under Stockstill, I think it would be far more fun to be in FBS.
Look up North Dakota State’s recent “huge” wins vs FBS and tell me again how those don’t happen if we were FCS.

This is what happens when leadership sets your program back 20 years, repeated posts on the topic of MTSU would be better off in FCS.

I'm really not ridiculing others' opinions on the matter. To me, it is just a bitter reminder of the utter failure of leadership of MTSU.

It's sad that I have more faith in Todd Stewart than Chris Massaro. Chris just needs to follow along at this point. It's like a buddy comedy movie where one looks at the other and "says don't screw this up." Buddy looks back shocked truly thinking he never screws anything up, even though he always is the one who does.

Reactions: Blue_H
I know my IQ and I have three degrees from MTSU (not to many that's anything to be proud of) but while I think I understand the concept I have never run across GOR.
What the heck is GOR an acronym or initialization for?

Last edited:
Reactions: MT Glenn
I know my IQ and I have three degrees from MTSU (not to many that's anything to be proud of) but while I think I understand the concept I have never run across GOR.

Grant of Rights.

GOR usually go along with a TV contract. Say we sign a 12 year GOR deal with the MAC which would usually mean the MAC would sign sign new deal with ESPN that would last 12 years.
Then after 8 years we left. The money we would have made from the TV deal those last 4 years goes to the conference. We forfeit that money plus pay an exit fee.

The ACC GOR expires in 2036. So if say FSU left for the SEC they would lose the TV money for the next 15 years. That's about $450 million on their deal. ($30m per school last year) plus they would pay the exit fee to leave.

The MAC wants to ensure we won't leave, and if we do, we give up major money to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: middletn11
It's sad that I have more faith in Todd Stewart than Chris Massaro. Chris just needs to follow along at this point. It's like a buddy comedy movie where one looks at the other and "says don't screw this up." Buddy looks back shocked truly thinking he never screws anything up, even though he always is the one who does.
I’ve heard that Stewart is driving the bus for both schools in all this.

Grant of Rights.

GOR usually go along with a TV contract. Say we sign a 12 year GOR deal with the MAC which would usually mean the MAC would sign sign new deal with ESPN that would last 12 years.
Then after 8 years we left. The money we would have made from the TV deal those last 4 years goes to the conference. We forfeit that money plus pay an exit fee.

The ACC GOR expires in 2036. So if say FSU left for the SEC they would lose the TV money for the next 15 years. That's about $450 million on their deal. ($30m per school last year) plus they would pay the exit fee to leave.

The MAC wants to ensure we won't leave, and if we do, we give up major money to do so.
Thanks so much for your response. I don't understand (other than being and old-timer) why so many posters both here and on other forums are aware of the term and I've never run across it before now. Additionally I can find no definition anywhere in lists of acronyms, abbreviations and initializations.

Regardless, a couple of questions to help my understanding of your response:

Are you saying that a team leaves conference A and goes to conference B that money the team earns through TV rights at his new conference goes back to his old conference?

Obviously a school does not continue to get broadcasting $$$s from a contract between a broadcasting entity and the previous conference. Does not the school get $$$s from his new conferences' broadcasting contract?

Additionally, wouldn't any contract a conference has with a broadcasting entity have clauses to automatically describe how a change in membership will affect the contract?

Just a little further explanation would be helpful, Thanks

I love my MT degree. I accumulated 100+ credits at UTk before finishing up my degree at MT and received a much better, more thorough, more professional, and more student-centric experience at MT.

I'm actually going back to school to work on a 2nd BA, and wanted to go back to MT, but they didn't have my program of study online. Say what we will about McPhee on the athletic side, but from an academic perspective, I think he's done well over the past 20 years turning us from just another no-where regional college to a university that's a draw across the state.

GOR essentially locks your TV rights and $$$'s to that conference for the specified length of time. So, yes, in theory, if we were to sign a 15 year GOR and MTSU were to get an invite to the AAC in year 8, the the MAC keeps our TV rights/$$$$ for the next 7 years until the GOR expires. Now, considering that's TV rights are the main money maker for conferences, there's no realistic way for a conference to poach a school without also obtaining TV rights.

However, like all things in business, it can be negotiated or bought out.

Edit: regarding changes in membership, I would venture to guess that you'd have to read the fine print on individual contracts to see how those mechanisms worked.

Thanks so much for your response. I don't understand (other than being and old-timer) why so many posters both here and on other forums are aware of the term and I've never run across it before now. Additionally I can find no definition anywhere in lists of acronyms, abbreviations and initializations.

Regardless, a couple of questions to help my understanding of your response:

Are you saying that a team leaves conference A and goes to conference B that money the team earns through TV rights at his new conference goes back to his old conference?

Obviously a school does not continue to get broadcasting $$$s from a contract between a broadcasting entity and the previous conference. Does not the school get $$$s from his new conferences' broadcasting contract?

Additionally, wouldn't any contract a conference has with a broadcasting entity have clauses to automatically describe how a change in membership will affect the contract?

Just a little further explanation would be helpful, Thanks

In theory, yes the old conference keeps the new conference TV deal money. And in theory the old conference would lose TV money with schools leaving. The B12 GOR expires in 2025. So if TX and OU left for the SEC in 2022, then not only would they lose the B12 shares for 3 years but also the new money they get from the SEC deal would go to the B12. In theory.

The thing with GOR is there is no set $ figure. The money changes every year. For example WVU got more money from the B12 TV deal when OU was in the playoffs. No B12 team in playoffs means less money. It isn't a finite amount for lawyers to fight over.

Most likely TX and OU will offer the B12 a settlement to get out by 2023. They have to find the balance between that settlement and what they will make on their new TV SEC deal (obviously more).

But that is for groups and conferences with big coffers. When WVU left the Big East for the B12 they had to pay $5m entrance fee and $10m exit fee to the Big East. Well WVU paid $5m of it while the B12 paid the other $5m. Then WVU paid the B12 back over a few years. That won't happen with G5 schools. The $$ just isn't there.

The MAC knows this and wants to secure their conference financials.

But as others have stated, anything can be negotiated. Even FSU leaving the ACC. Because the SEC and FSU have the money. MAC and MT don't.

Thanks again Mtneer and to you RaiderDoug. I think I have just a little better understanding of a GOR. Guess you would have to be a lawyer to really understand. I am surprises that you posters (and obviously others) are so much more aware of how contracts between schools, conferences, and broadcasting entities work and I've so little knowledge. Oh well, one can't know everything. Thanks again

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Thanks again Mtneer and to you RaiderDoug. I think I have just a little better understanding of a GOR. Guess you would have to be a lawyer to really understand. I am surprises that you posters (and obviously others) are so much more aware of how contracts between schools, conferences, and broadcasting entities work and I've so little knowledge. Oh well, one can't know everything. Thanks again

There's been a lot of talk about how this works at the top of the realignment pyramid with OU/TX to the SEC.

They've signed their GOR to the B12 until 2025, or else they'd be free to leave for the SEC next year.

But much like being stuck in a house with a husband/wife that's going through a divorce - being forced to be in a conference that neither you nor any of the remaining schools want you to be in is not a recipe for success.

So, eventually, someone will cave and someone will write a big enough check and they'll split, probably sooner, rather than later.

From our perspective, since we're not a big money team and the conferences we're dealing with are not big money conferences and no one is likely to just cut a giant check to get us out of it, MT/MAC is essentially locking into each other until the GOR expires.

From our perspective, it comes down to whether or not you think you can get into the AAC/Sunbelt in the near future. If you think you can, then maybe you turn it down.

If you can't then, the MAC becomes the best place for us. The new CUSA, especially without WKU, is just such a poor fit.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

I became obsessed with conference movement back when WVU moved. The whole thing fascinated me. Loved it then, again when we moved to CUSA, and again now.

It's all about numbers which is how my mind works and what I do for a living as an auditor so it is right up my alley. Starting my MBA at WVU next year so that will entrench me even more.

We all have those crazy things that fascinate us. This is mine. I'd love to be a fly in the wall with Stewart, Massaro, and Steinbrecher.

A G5 school signing their GOR away for the peanuts that we will actually get paid from said TV deal is asinine and would be about the most Middle thing we could do. Right up there with all the other stupid ass decisions we've made over the past decade. There isn't a single reason for a G5 school to sign a GOR for anything more than five years. I considered 10 and even that's ridiculous.

The GOR guarantees that should the AAC or Sun Belt need to add a school to fill a slot in their new configuration due to future losses they won't even consider us. Even if we have facilities built and and performing at a high level. No G5 school (sans maybe Boise) brings enough value for them to consider a school that has sold its soul. And before you say the SBC doesn't want us, that's not necessarily true. The Sun Belt will be a future option for us but not if we sign a stupid as GOR - especially for this long.

I love my MT degree. I accumulated 100+ credits at UTk before finishing up my degree at MT and received a much better, more thorough, more professional, and more student-centric experience at MT.

I'm actually going back to school to work on a 2nd BA, and wanted to go back to MT, but they didn't have my program of study online. Say what we will about McPhee on the athletic side, but from an academic perspective, I think he's done well over the past 20 years turning us from just another no-where regional college to a university that's a draw across the state.

GOR essentially locks your TV rights and $$$'s to that conference for the specified length of time. So, yes, in theory, if we were to sign a 15 year GOR and MTSU were to get an invite to the AAC in year 8, the the MAC keeps our TV rights/$$$$ for the next 7 years until the GOR expires. Now, considering that's TV rights are the main money maker for conferences, there's no realistic way for a conference to poach a school without also obtaining TV rights.

However, like all things in business, it can be negotiated or bought out.

Edit: regarding changes in membership, I would venture to guess that you'd have to read the fine print on individual contracts to see how those mechanisms worked.
RaiderDoug: I'm proud of my degrees also, or at least I was until MT lost, IMHO, status among many with whom I come into contact. Of course I got my degree in ancient days when it seems as if every school tried to emulate Harvard, had courses designed to eliminate students incapable of college work, was proud of how many students left after one semester (now retention numbers are more important), and there were no courses such as University Studies. Like I said: Ancient times when publicly supported college was still in its childhood.

I don't mean to quibble with you since I believe you and I agree on much more than we would disagree on but: You state : ". . . I think he's (McPhee) has done well over the past 20 years turning us from another no-where regional college to a university that's a draw across the state." From my remembrances from 50+ years ago in my wing of Smith Hall we had students from not only throughout the state but also Long Island, Florida, Saudi Arabia, and Panama. And that's just one wing of one floor. It seems as if we've been drawing from a large area for a long time.
As for our academic standing: I realize it's anecdotal but where I live [rapidly growing, becoming more upper middle class (dare I say elitist), transfers coming in most of whom went to nationally known schools] none of the academically ambitious high school students consider MT as even a "back-up" school. It appears that UAH, UT-C, TTU, and Belmont are all held in higher regard than MT. Perhaps if we had gotten the Law School, if we had changed the name of the school, if we promoted the "honors college" more, if we hadn't added majors which on the face seems more suited to a trade school, and if we had expanded with more satellite campuses or had the initiative to acquire Martin Methodist our academic reputation might be better. (Or course, since the athletic program is the "front porch" of a Univ. it wouldn't hurt if our athletic success had been better.)

As an aside: I didn't mean to derail the thread on "MAC talk" but just wanted to give you my perspective on MT's academic reputation since you brought it up.

A G5 school signing their GOR away for the peanuts that we will actually get paid from said TV deal is asinine and would be about the most Middle thing we could do. Right up there with all the other stupid ass decisions we've made over the past decade. There isn't a single reason for a G5 school to sign a GOR for anything more than five years. I considered 10 and even that's ridiculous.

The GOR guarantees that should the AAC or Sun Belt need to add a school to fill a slot in their new configuration due to future losses they won't even consider us. Even if we have facilities built and and performing at a high level. No G5 school (sans maybe Boise) brings enough value for them to consider a school that has sold its soul. And before you say the SBC doesn't want us, that's not necessarily true. The Sun Belt will be a future option for us but not if we sign a stupid as GOR - especially for this long.
I heard the new TV deal is going to be 2.5 million per year. That’s above the SBC and in line with the new AAC deal.

And before you say the SBC doesn't want us, that's not necessarily true. The Sun Belt will be a future option for us but not if we sign a stupid as GOR - especially for this long.

This is pretty much the heart of the whole decision.

If you think you have a reasonable shot at getting into the Sunbelt at some point in the near future, then maybe you try to survive long enough an awful CUSA to just maybe get a spot there.

If the folks who are making the decision aren't getting the warm fuzzies from the Belt, then the MAC needs to be the decision. And if the price of the MAC is the GOR, then so be it.

RaiderDoug: I'm proud of my degrees also, or at least I was until MT lost, IMHO, status among many with whom I come into contact. Of course I got my degree in ancient days when it seems as if every school tried to emulate Harvard, had courses designed to eliminate students incapable of college work, was proud of how many students left after one semester (now retention numbers are more important), and there were no courses such as University Studies. Like I said: Ancient times when publicly supported college was still in its childhood.

I don't mean to quibble with you since I believe you and I agree on much more than we would disagree on but: You state : ". . . I think he's (McPhee) has done well over the past 20 years turning us from another no-where regional college to a university that's a draw across the state." From my remembrances from 50+ years ago in my wing of Smith Hall we had students from not only throughout the state but also Long Island, Florida, Saudi Arabia, and Panama. And that's just one wing of one floor. It seems as if we've been drawing from a large area for a long time.
As for our academic standing: I realize it's anecdotal but where I live [rapidly growing, becoming more upper middle class (dare I say elitist), transfers coming in most of whom went to nationally known schools] none of the academically ambitious high school students consider MT as even a "back-up" school. It appears that UAH, UT-C, TTU, and Belmont are all held in higher regard than MT. Perhaps if we had gotten the Law School, if we had changed the name of the school, if we promoted the "honors college" more, if we hadn't added majors which on the face seems more suited to a trade school, and if we had expanded with more satellite campuses or had the initiative to acquire Martin Methodist our academic reputation might be better. (Or course, since the athletic program is the "front porch" of a Univ. it wouldn't hurt if our athletic success had been better.)

As an aside: I didn't mean to derail the thread on "MAC talk" but just wanted to give you my perspective on MT's academic reputation since you brought it up.

I can't argue with anything there. I've a career that I enjoy and has provided me a comfortable life, and I can directly attribute it back to my time at MT, so I've got a bias, particularly towards the academic side of things.

Also, around Knoxville, I see tons of MT gear. I run into a bunch of MT grads, or folks who have sent their kids there. It just seems that we're seen in a very positive light, even here in the heart of UT country.

I certainly wouldn't mind a name change, and the athletic programs failures are surely a missed opportunity to raise the profile of the school, but overall I think MT has moved in a positive direction. But that's just more feelings than any data or any evidence.

I was thinking the same thing. I think 5 years is the max we should do. Especially since no one believes conference realignment is over. Do I think we have a shot at the AAC or SBC? Not necessarily, but I know we don't if we sign a GOR for 15 years. I hope the MAC deal is in line with the AAC deal, but I will believe it when I see it.

Spitballing here - but if the MAC won't budge on 15 years and we think maybe the 'Belt could be interested in a few years - Could independence work for a short term? Short term being the key phrase here.

The new CUSA is a disgusting mess of trash. I want no association with Liberty whatsoever. I see no benefit from being in with Texas schools or UConn and to be honest, I think being forced to be in those schools could hurt the program long term.

Our central location could benefit us - we could creatively (not a word commonly associated with M&M, I know) schedule a few regional money games in football, and I think scheduling some non-revenue sports more regionally would probably be easier as well. If UMASS can do it, it would certainly be easier for us given our geographic location.

It might just keep our heads above water long enough to find a landing spot in the Belt.

Spitballing here - but if the MAC won't budge on 15 years and we think maybe the 'Belt could be interested in a few years - Could independence work for a short term? Short term being the key phrase here.

The new CUSA is a disgusting mess of trash. I want no association with Liberty whatsoever. I see no benefit from being in with Texas schools or UConn and to be honest, I think being forced to be in those schools could hurt the program long term.

Our central location could benefit us - we could creatively (not a word commonly associated with M&M, I know) schedule a few regional money games in football, and I think scheduling some non-revenue sports more regionally would probably be easier as well. If UMASS can do it, it would certainly be easier for us given our geographic location.

It might just keep our heads above water long enough to find a landing spot in the Belt.
We would only be independent in football. Would likely join a conference for all other sports. ASUN would be a likely choice if that were to happen. I don't see our "leadership" as being capable of navigating independence very well. Would have to schedule 2-3 games on the road vs P5 at a minimum to make up for loss of media money. That is most like 2-3 losses on the schedule since they wouldn't be bottom feeder P5 teams. We still have a little time to figure it all out. I just don't see how we can afford the exit/entrance fees. When MAC talk started it was not expected the CUSA would survive to collect exit fees if MTSU/WKU left also. Now that it is looking like they will, I do not see how we can pay it.

I can't argue with anything there. I've a career that I enjoy and has provided me a comfortable life, and I can directly attribute it back to my time at MT, so I've got a bias, particularly towards the academic side of things.

Also, around Knoxville, I see tons of MT gear. I run into a bunch of MT grads, or folks who have sent their kids there. It just seems that we're seen in a very positive light, even here in the heart of UT country.

I certainly wouldn't mind a name change, and the athletic programs failures are surely a missed opportunity to raise the profile of the school, but overall I think MT has moved in a positive direction. But that's just more feelings than any data or any evidence.
Promise this is my last reply on this subject. It's not unusual for an entity (or person) to be thought of differently away from home. A wise pastor once told me that I would be considered a man away from my small town but at home I would always be seen as a the son of my father. I once was at a winery north of Cookeville and the winery's owner's daughter was going through Cookeville and by TTU to attend MT although TTU offered the same degree. I was told the daughter loved MT and the owner had nothing but good things to say about MTSU. Additionally I see more MT gear in Winchester, Fayetteville, and Tullahoma than in Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and Franklin.
This psychology just might be a partial explanation as to why so many local %$&-major prospects choose to go to other schools rather than MT and why we seem to recruit better farther away from N'ville and The Boro.

Reactions: RaiderDoug
Folks are forming a lot of speculation on one message board comment that now includes one, oops 15 not 25. Sounds something like an old Chicago song.

The Sun Belt has 10 year GOR. They likely bumped it to 15 with the additions. This seems pretty standard.

We would probably be hard pressed to find any sort of GOR that’s dramatically less than what any other conference is going to offer. With all this realignment and the total disaster that is CUSA, I would be surprised if any other conference isn’t making it a precondition for a decently long GOR.

Even the SEC has a GOR over 10 years. Granted they don't have an exit fee and no one in their right mind would leave the SEC, but still. B12 ends 2025 and B10 ends in 2024 I think. So does PAC12. That's why I truly think with 3 major conferences coming up with expiring rights, there will be another major shift.

It'll end up P4 and G4 when it is all said and done.

Either that or it will be SEC at 20 and then the rest. Which honestly with then holding hands with ESPN wouldn't surprise me.

I say sign it and get it done. Where we going? The AAC in 5 years? That's a big IF. No guarantee of that whatsoever. Even if that went down then what? We join the same A holes who put us in this crap in the first place? Nah. AAC is gonna be a POS in 3 years. No doubt. None of those teams save maybe UAB and UTSA is gonna be worth anything. Like they are now. FAU is banking on Willie, who is loyal to no one. If we stay in CUSA, we won't be putting in a swimming pool in the HOF building anytime soon. LOL. We won't see hardly any of that money. I don't care what the theories are. That cash will evaporate like water in Cali.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT