ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Injury update?...Im in the dark......

Is it just me or do we have an incessant amount of injuries year in and year out? Granted, it's football so injuries will happen, but it seems like we have had terrible luck the last 5 years or so when it comes to them.

Brent is out for the rest of the year. On top of a cracked sternum, it's also separated from the collarbone so it's probably gonna need surgery. He's done.

Richie will be back but it will still be a while. Still in a boot and is getting limited work.

Brady, he wasn't sure about other than it was definitely a concussion and is usually a 2 game minimum for player safety. Could be longer depending on the level of injury.

I have a source that played with the team last year and talked to a position coach on Sunday and he told him this.

If I'm Banks I'm pretty angry right now. If I can't see the field after Urzua tosses 3 picks and loses us our conference opener, when will I ever see the field? Doubt he'll stick around if it continues, and I don't blame him one bit. He's too talented to ride the bench, just like A.J. Erdely was, who by the way has 6 TD's on the year with UAB and only 1 INT...too bad he didn't stuck around. For comparison's sake, Urzua has thrown 4 TD's and 6 INT's thus far. Hell, I'd take John Turner at this point. Urzua is the least talented QB on our roster and somehow is immune to being replaced. So fed up with this staff.

Reactions: MTTim
Brent is out for the rest of the year. On top of a cracked sternum, it's also separated from the collarbone so it's probably gonna need surgery. He's done.

Richie will be back but it will still be a while. Still in a boot and is getting limited work.

Brady, he wasn't sure about other than it was definitely a concussion and is usually a 2 game minimum for player safety. Could be longer depending on the level of injury.

I have a source that played with the team last year and talked to a position coach on Sunday and he told him this.
I have been trying to figure out why CRS will not go ahead and announce Brent is out for the year.

It amazing how you guys know more about our players than the coaches do. Do you think our OC is just a "yes" man and does whatever Stock says? Assuming Stocks is even making the decision who starts. If Banks was the best option he would be in there.

The thing about Banks is how will we know if he's the best option or not if the coaches won't put him into live situations. I think the thing we are frustrated with is that they won't even try different options. Try and find out. Urzua has like 6 picks with a pick 6. Banks played in 1 game and has no picks. Why wouldn't you try him? What would it hurt? We are out of the picture for the title now. Marshall and WKU are gonna run the east. This is now about saving our season period. If we win 6 games, it would be an accomplishment considering that we have like 10 major contributors that are down.

The question now is, how long do you let Urzua struggle with no results? Screw yards. We need TD's. If he can't complete a drive, he's useless so try Banks. If Banks freezes up in live situations and we get stuck then they and we would know. In the Minny game, Banks looked good enough and showed enough flash to warrant more PT. So did Marshall. Design more plays for that guy. Sheesh. That big TE that played at FAU for 1 play was awesome too. How in the hell do you not use him on run plays? If he can catch an open ball, he's a weapon because no one is gonna cover him if the fake is good.

If we lose on Saturday, it doesn't matter anymore because we are done for the season. It's time to empty the clip. Use whoever can move the dang football. Take all the redshirts off and lets go.

Last edited:
It amazing how you guys know more about our players than the coaches do. Do you think our OC is just a "yes" man and does whatever Stock says? Assuming Stocks is even making the decision who starts. If Banks was the best option he would be in there.
Franklin may want Banks and could stand on top of Floyd Stadium screaming for Banks to start, but the depth chart - and especially starter at QB - is going to be decided by the HC

According to Stock's explanaion last year thats not possible since BRent has already taken a redshirt.

Without sounding like an ass, he's been here long enough. He's already had a red-shirt year and a medical red-shirt year, plus 4 years of playing. That's the max life-span of a college player, and if he can't get it done then we need to give someone else a chance. I feel like our program has become too dependent on him, which has weakened us elsewhere. Nothing wrong with having a star quarterback, but everyone else (including the other QB's) need to start pulling their weight and stop waiting on him and Richie to come out of the phone booth with their superman shirts on. This program has become a master at having a few great units and then having a few awful units to spoil the big picture.

Well, the coaches better be busting their asses on the recruiting trail to get some offensive linemen that can block and that can start immediately, or Brent's last season will another repeat of this year.

Reactions: crclarke55
According to Stock's explanaion last year thats not possible since BRent has already taken a redshirt.
It is possible to take a RS and a medical RS. Doughty (at WKU) and I think Leon Allen have used it.

I'm not sure the ins and outs of the rules but it has happened.

Brent's already taken a redshirt and medical redshirt year

Well, the coaches better be busting their asses on the recruiting trail to get some offensive linemen that can block and that can start immediately, or Brent's last season will another repeat of this year.
This is spot on. They need to find kids that can come in and play immediately on the OL. What we have isn't working outside of Brewer.

I was told by a players dad (I will list NO Names) that Brent tried to practice and throw this week and still could not get it done.
That tells me that he is still in the hunt to come back and plat this season.
Only time will tell.

I was told by a players dad (I will list NO Names) that Brent tried to practice and throw this week and still could not get it done.
That tells me that he is still in the hunt to come back and plat this season.
Only time will tell.

We're halfway through the season with today's game. He needs to shut it down for the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT