ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Frenzy 12/18/23

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
Here are all the commits from today and FBS offers listed. More info in the premium folder.

Caleb Reid DE 6’3/220 Newnan, GA

3* Joshua Evans WR 6’3/205 Orlando, FL
Other offers: Indiana, Arkansas St, UCONN, GA Southern, Liberty, Marshall

3* Alexander Gale OC 6’3/315 Tallahassee, FL
Other offers: Akron (flipped)

Brody Benke TE 6’4/230 Highlands, KY
Other offers: WVU (pwo), UK (pwo),

5* Grant Chadwick P Tullahoma, TN
Other offers: UTEP

Shamer Crawford OL 6’5/305, Tampa, FL JUCO Independence CC
Other offers: ULM

3* Ashton Jones RB 5’10/200, Murfreesboro, TN
Other offers: Kansas, UAB,

Jordan Beasley Safety 6’1/195, Bowdon, GA
Other offers: WKU, Delaware, GA State,

Jackson Lowe DB 6’1/185, Brentwood, TN

Portal transfers:

Brendon Harris
DB from Wake Forest, Chattanooga, TN

Omari Kelly WR from Auburn, Trussville, AL

Looking at the talent preparing to arrive here especially the local talent makes me think of 2 specific words. Stupidity & Snobbery!! Finally seeing the infusion of local talent brings forth a combination of feelings from anger to elation. Stock was literally a stupid elitist snob. To specifically refuse to even look at the talent in your own back yard for practically the last 20 years is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. The staple of any regional or directional school such as Middle Tennessee is to also draw upon your local talent to help build an enthusiastic local fan base! That basic premise totally eluded Stock for his entire career. Even a break even program such as ours should have more than 2,000 butts in the seats especially when you live in a county of well over 300,000. But when your entire roster has been selected based on personal bias against your community that's not much of a surprise. Anyway, enough of that rant. On to the elation part. Thank you coach Mason for a basic understanding of common sense recruiting for a G5 regional school such as ours. Of course being a winner no matter where your recruits comes from will increase attendance. But it is important to develop a sense of community self pride by saying yes I appreciate the talent that exists here. And I want the people living here in Middle Tennessee to enjoy seeing some of their own son's on the field representing them going forward.
It is going to take a while to build, but nice to know we have a coach who gets that part of it going forward. We don't have the power to recruit 4 star athletes from all over the country like many major universities, but we do have the power to get some pretty good athletes right here. That alone will be a huge step in getting more mid-state fans to come out & start filling the stands.

I will say, the group of Stock apologists that swore up and down there was no way to recruit talent to the Boro has been awfully quiet the past couple of days. This just shows Stock and Co. could have easily recruited better if they would have just put in the effort. I used to get so mad when people made that argument. The facilities are bad but we could still get some good players here. Especially once they announced Build Blue. Their team just didn’t want to recruit.

That being said, I have no clue if CDM will be able to develop the talent and get wins out of them but he is off to a good start.

Reactions: coachchia and Hop45
That being said, I have no clue if CDM will be able to develop the talent and get wins out of them but he is off to a good start.
You have to remember, player development is on the position coaches. He has to finish his staff and once you see that, we will have a better understanding of what he wants to do offensively and defensively. The portal is wide open for another month. They can attack that next few weeks and sign guys to enroll by the start of the semester

Reactions: ewglenn
I will say, the group of Stock apologists that swore up and down there was no way to recruit talent to the Boro has been awfully quiet the past couple of days. This just shows Stock and Co. could have easily recruited better if they would have just put in the effort. I used to get so mad when people made that argument. The facilities are bad but we could still get some good players here. Especially once they announced Build Blue. Their team just didn’t want to recruit.
I think the apologists just can't separate Stockstill the person from Stockstill the coach. As a person, hard to find a HC as likeable as him, donated alot of his own money to get better facilities. However, Stockstill the coach has been on cruise control since 2009 after he got paid.

If it was a simple case of Middle offering but kids choosing a P5 program, I'd understand, but Mason has handed out more offers to local kids in the 2 weeks he's been than Stock ever did in a single year. TN is a hotbed of college talent and I'm glad to have a HC that treats it as such

From a coach quoted in the Tennessean...

“Unfortunately I think Middle Tennessee State and Tennessee State do not recruit the area well, at all. They are not present and do not make much attempt to communicate with me or our athletes.”

Obviously that's just another indictment on the Stockstill era. Hopefully that changes under Mason. I think we obviously already see evidence to that end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT