ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Carsyn Swaney Commits

Carsyn Swaney, a 5'11" PG from Maryville TN class of 2025, has committed to the Blue Raiders!!!

Should be really excited about this one!

True point guard averaged 21.2 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game her Junior season.

Scored her 1,000th career point back in December of ‘23.

3 level scorer that is really comfortable inside 15'. It won't take much film to see she loves the elbow jumper or beating her defender to the block and scoring in traffic. Good ball handler. Her frame is unassuming, but she's only a HS-Junior and we've seen what a college S&C program can do for athletes.

2024 District 5-3A and Region 3-3A Player of the Year and Tournament MVP.

Led TN AP-Poll ranked #3 Heritage (30-4) to the 2024 3A State Tournament, the program’s first appearance since 2000. Fits the "winner" prerequisite.

Much like the last signee ('24 Savannah Davis), Carsyn had 0 D1 offers outside of MTSU. I don't say that to be a knock, Insell and Co. have a knack for identifying their needs before the secret gets out.

After watching some clips, easy to see why CRI likes her. She's got NBA range as a junior and her height allows to play her at a bunch of positions. Hard to find any other D-1 offers, but that's not uncommon, this staff is really good at identifying talent early, especially instate.

Which makes me appreciate the amount of events MT hosts as it relates to WBB. Bewteen the summer camp and the state tourney, the program can scout a wide net of instate prospects without ever leaving campus in a state that maybe as good as any at producing D-1 signees relative to its population. Hard to put a value on that
Just reposting what I said on premium board

I assume we plan to add more to the signing class with 3 graduating (potentially) next year - Grannum, Boldyreva, and Gregory. Just an updated look at the Class of '25 Offers List after the Swaney commit yesterday:

Lyriq Mastin (PG) Blackman HS; Murfreesboro, TN
-Few D1 offers include Lipscomb and North Alabama

Macie Phifer (SG) Ingomar HS; New Albany, MS
-Dual Sport athlete with 12 D1 offers including Louisiana Tech and Lipscomb

Lauren Hurst (F) Cleveland HS, Cleveland, TN
-Ranked #47 Nationally according to ESPN Recruiting. Has 18 P4 offers, more than likely out of our reach. Is a possible candidate to play volleyball over basketball in college (unlikely, but possible).

Harmonie Ware (G) Bradley Central HS, Cleveland, TN
-Has offer to Kentucky (lone P4 offer) along with other in-state institutions Belmont, Tennessee Tech, and Chattanooga

Blair Baugus (G) Wayne County HS, Waynesboro, TN
-Heavily recruited by MT. Has 7 D1 offers including Tennessee Tech, UT-Martin, Lipscomb, Chattanooga

Reese Beaty (G) York Institute, Jamestown, TN
-Decommited from Clemson. 21 D1 offers, and more than likely could re-commit to Clemson after coaching change (Clemson hired Poppie from UTC where she was previously offered).

Tatianna Stovall (F) Bradley Central HS, Cleveland, TN
-Has offer to Florida (lone P4 offer) and a bit of local competition of Chattanooga, Tennessee Tech, Belmont, Memphis, and CUSA newcomer Kennesaw State

Ciara Byars (G) George Rogers Clark HS; Winchester, KY
-4-star according to ESPN. 15 P4 offers.

Channah Gannon (C) Coffee County HS; Manchester, TN
-In-state offers from ETSU and Chattanooga

I assume we plan to add more to the signing class with 3 graduating (potentially) next year - Grannum, Boldyreva, and Gregory. Just an updated look at the Class of '25 Offers List after the Swaney commit yesterday:

-Ranked #47 Nationally according to ESPN Recruiting. Has 18 P4 offers, more than likely out of our reach. Is a possible candidate to play volleyball over basketball in college (unlikely, but possible).

-Has offer to Kentucky (lone P4 offer) along with other in-state institutions Belmont, Tennessee Tech, and Chattanooga

-Heavily recruited by MT. Has 7 D1 offers including Tennessee Tech, UT-Martin, Lipscomb, Chattanooga

-Decommited from Clemson. 21 D1 offers, and more than likely could re-commit to Clemson after coaching change (Clemson hired Poppie from UTC where she was previously offered).

-Has offer to Florida (lone P4 offer) and a bit of local competition of Chattanooga, Tennessee Tech, Belmont, Memphis, and CUSA newcomer Kennesaw State

Nice list, I've been trying to find everyone that's been offered. Any idea who is at the top of the staff's board?

Nice list, I've been trying to find everyone that's been offered. Any idea who is at the top of the staff's board?
Don't have that level of insight but based on my intuition Phifer and Baugus would be the first priority.

In terms of needs, forward/center Stovall, Ware and Gannon would be next on my list. Gannon being one of the more recent offers leads me to believe she's highly sought after by the coaching staff.

Mastin would fall next just because of sheer numbers. Your roster already contains a lot of guards and she doesn't have the skillset to play outside the 1 or 2. Getting a commitment out of Phifer or Baugus would cement the likelihood she wouldn't sign, in my opinion.

I don't know the amount of effort being put on Beaty even after the recent decommit and likely recommit to Clemson. Same could be said for Byars and Hurst, both of which are almost out of our league at this point.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Don't have that level of insight but based on my intuition Phifer and Baugus would be the first priority.

In terms of needs, forward/center Stovall, Ware and Gannon would be next on my list. Gannon being one of the more recent offers leads me to believe she's highly sought after by the coaching staff.

Mastin would fall next just because of sheer numbers. Your roster already contains a lot of guards and she doesn't have the skillset to play outside the 1 or 2. Getting a commitment out of Phifer or Baugus would cement the likelihood she wouldn't sign, in my opinion.

I don't know the amount of effort being put on Beaty even after the recent decommit and likely recommit to Clemson. Same could be said for Byars and Hurst, both of which are almost out of our league at this point.
I figured any combination of 2 bewteen Phifer, Baugus, and Stovall would make for a good class. Gannon probably close behind bc that would leave us without any real size. Getting Ware or Stovall allows us the chance to establish a pipeline to Bradley Central, one of the power house instate programs right now.

I figured any combination of 2 bewteen Phifer, Baugus, and Stovall would make for a good class. Gannon probably close behind bc that would leave us without any real size. Getting Ware or Stovall allows us the chance to establish a pipeline to Bradley Central, one of the power house instate programs right now.
That pipeline to BC would be huge. Not to look too far ahead, but Class of '26 offer Kimora Fields was offered by Mississippi State in August. She's a 6'0" forward/center at Bradley that would be on the heels of a Grabovskaia (potential) graduation. Establishing that pipeline would be significant.

With Grabo moving on, you think Gannon becomes a priority?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT