ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Hits keep coming at Kermit. 😂

I used to want to see him do well at Ole Miss.

I used to want to see players that transferred from here do well at their new place.

Not anymore. I hope Kermit gets fired, hit with sanctions, and never coaches again. And any players that transfer from here I hope warms the bench and never see's the field.

If these people have no loyalty and desire to be at MT, then I have no loyalty or desire to see them succeed. I can maybe make an exception for a 2nd or 3rd string player who doesn't get any playing time and just wants to transfer somewhere so he can see the field. That's fine. But starters/key contributors that bail on MT....no sir. I hope they fail fail fail.

Go Blue Raiders!

F all the rest

I used to want to see him do well at Ole Miss.

I used to want to see players that transferred from here do well at their new place.

Not anymore. I hope Kermit gets fired, hit with sanctions, and never coaches again. And any players that transfer from here I hope warms the bench and never see's the field.

If these people have no loyalty and desire to be at MT, then I have no loyalty or desire to see them succeed. I can maybe make an exception for a 2nd or 3rd string player who doesn't get any playing time and just wants to transfer somewhere so he can see the field. That's fine. But starters/key contributors that bail on MT....no sir. I hope they fail fail fail.

Go Blue Raiders!

F all the rest
F em #GoBlue

Ole Miss is arguably MT's worse loss this season... MT went 3 of 27 from 3 pt land, had 17 turnovers, committed 18 fouls, Ole Miss shot 14 more FT's and MT still only lost by 10 on the road.. Rebels are a bad team in a good SEC.. Kermit losses Buffen to UAB and takes Fagan from an even worse UGA squad.. he deserves all the Karma that comes his way

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
I think we all new that, if Kermit was going to have success at Ole Miss, it was going to take some time. It took him about 10 years, if not more at MT to have legit success.

Ole Miss is arguably MT's worse loss this season... MT went 3 of 27 from 3 pt land, had 17 turnovers, committed 18 fouls, Ole Miss shot 14 more FT's and MT still only lost by 10 on the road.. Rebels are a bad team in a good SEC.. Kermit losses Buffen to UAB and takes Fagan from an even worse UGA squad.. he deserves all the Karma that comes his way

I agree. He has recruited some some very highly rated players in Oxford. I believe the highest rated players ever for them actually. And he’s done Jack $hit with them. I suspect he will get another year to turn it around but probably gets fired after that. It’s possible they just can him this year as the fans are 100% sick of him, but that will be an expensive proposition.

Yea, that appears to be one that got away from the team. If they played this week, I would like MT's chances.

The SFA loss was a pretty rough loss as well. I don't think I could make a good argument for which might have been a worse performance, but suffice it to say they were both pretty unpleasant to sit through.

Speaking of Buffen, he appeared to have a strong game at ODU vs their strong front court players.

I don't know what is going on down at Ole Miss, but Kermit's system requires some devoted players to embrace a grinding culture to stick through some hard work and discipline to make it work successfully. I wonder if he is having a difficult time keeping players for enough years to buy in and embrace the culture? He had that problem for a few years while at MT.

His system can be successful, but it is old school and requires much commitment from a core group of players to stick to it and see it through. It seems the transfer portal and overall changing ways of D1 bball are likely working against the aspects needed for Kermit's system to succeed.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
Exactly right. The players need to buy in, for a full 4-5 years, and he needs given 5-6 years to get it right.

Neither happens in this day in age.

The best coaches are those that can pull random kids from the playground for one year at a time and win. That's what it is coming to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT