ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL WAY WAY early look at 2024 OOC slate

Highest paid employee too, unless Kentucky, Kansas or Indiana
Kansas is a basketball school so Bill Self takes care of that. Same for Kentucky.

I mean "technically" not paid by state dollars, but the states are still matching the retirement plans, insurance, etc.

All these coaches are the face of the universities. I posted a thing a while back that Joel Klatt posted regarding the $ Saban brings in to the school. I'm not saying it is right, but it is understandable why certain coaches have so much pull.

From a straight talent perspective; I’d probably rank them above Duke next year.

We could win, Memphis always blows a game or two. But we’ll have to play very well and they’ll have to play poorly.

I’d probably rank our win chances as:

TN Tech: 96%
Duke: 35%
Memphis 30%
Ole Miss: Grab the bag and run.
lol 96 is exact

This is false. Resources matter most and we will never be able to spend like they do. In fact, the delta between their resources and ours will continue to widen.

Liberty spends double on football what MT does. Within five years, they will spend triple what we spend on football. Overall, their athletic budget is 40% higher than ours. This does not include their ability to pay players via NIL that we have no capacity at all to do. Nor does it include recent spending for infrastructure. They have spent more than $150 million on athletic facilities in recent years. They spent $29 million for an indoor football facility, $40 million on football stadium expansion, and another 65,000-square-foot football operations center, which they spent another $20M on. All of this dwarfs our little project. If it ever actually gets done, we will sit on it for 20 or 30 years while Liberty continues to invest in more infrastructure.

This is not going to "raise the bar". It will unequivocally create a schism that will eventually lead to significant consternation and infighting within the conference. Go ahead and bookmark this post, so you can refer back to it in a few years.

To my earlier point on this, Liberty gonna pay Salter what the P5's were offering him. Take the history equation out and it's nearly like having Notre Dame in our league.

lol 96 is exact

Weird #, I know.

But with our history, I wouldn't be 100% confident if the boys were playing a team of message board ya-hoos.

But I think 95% is probably too low, I do think we'll have a competitive team next year and should be better than a mediocre FCS team, so....

This is a great idea to keep renewals going with a little extra incentive. For those folks coming back/new with CDM hired, this would be great to get them to come back next year. Or even do something on a smaller scale this year once the prices are announced or something to grab more new buyers. @ldeleon5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT