ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Brent Dearmon

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
I flipped over to CW Network to watch Mike Norvell work and was surprised to see Brent Dearmon on the North Alabama sideline. I had forgotten that he eventually landed at UNA as HC. He played around for about 15 minutes and even went up 13-0 until Mike had enough and unleashed the horses blowing them up with 58 unanswered points in the last 3 quarters.

I miss him at Memphis but he’s done a great job at FSU. He may even win a NC but that horrible ankle break to his QB may hurt his chances. When he took the Memphis job in 2016, he played in my foursome in Coach Donnelly’s charity golf event for Backfield in Motion. He and Ryan Silverfield both worked Middle TN hard for players and brought the Tigers all the way to Father Ryan for a spring scrimmage that same first year.

I still wonder what Brock’s buddies on the FSU letterman’s message board are saying about missing on his recommendation of Stock for their HC job 4 years ago. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hop45
He'll most likely leave UNA with a higher winning percentage than suckstill.
youtube low bar GIF by tyler oakley

Cant wait for FREE MTSU FOOTBALL to tag the 3 stooges when he tweets this!
He did stay in his home state. I can respect that. But we were his only D1 offer that I saw on his X. But, but, that doesn't always mean anything. Sometimes, yes, but not always. So I'm not gonna knock the kid. Our staff, yeah. If you want him and are his only D1 offer, then bust the freaking doors down to get him.

He did stay in his home state. I can respect that. But we were his only D1 offer that I saw on his X. But, but, that doesn't always mean anything. Sometimes, yes, but not always. So I'm not gonna knock the kid. Our staff, yeah. If you want him and are his only D1 offer, then bust the freaking doors down to get him.
I get what you are saying, but we cannot convince a kid to go an extra 2 hours for D-1 football?

They talked facilities; they are now under construction and still can't sell it.

The only other offers were Stetson, UNA, and UT-Martin. We're not even recruiting against per schools and losing to lesser schools.

I get what you are saying, but we cannot convince a kid to go an extra 2 hours for D-1 football?

They talked facilities; they are now under construction and still can't sell it.

The only other offers were Stetson, UNA, and UT-Martin. We're not even recruiting against per schools and losing to lesser schools.
That's my exact point.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
He wanted to stay close to home..
Honestly, it’s a miracle our staff signs anybody when prospects visit in person or see social media pictures of the crowds at Homecoming and Senior Day for the last 10 years. Even the Univ. President runs to the safety of his luxury box when MTTim brings it up to him. 😂😂

He wanted to stay close to home..

Well he's not staying very "close to home".... He's going from the bottom of Alabama to north west Alabama.

Gulf Shores to Florence AL is 6 hours and 20 minutes....
Gulf Shores to Murfreesboro TN is 7 hours and 17 minutes....

Difference of less than one hour....

This staff and it's sympathizers can rationalize it however they want....but the truth is...they just got whipped on the recruiting trail by an FCS school

I know it's off topic, but this is my girls and I first Thanksgiving without out my wife. I celebrated what would've been our 22nd wedding anniversary earlier this month. Not gonna lie, it sucks.

My youngest and I came to Starkville to spend it with my eldest for her last Egg Bowl.

If you have any words or advice, I'm all ears.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

FYI: don't let our crappy coach turn us on each other. We all have the same end result goal.

Last edited:
Man that’s tough. Nothing anywhere close to what you’re experiencing but I’m coming out of my 2nd bout of COVID and hopefully will be ok to have Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow.

Spend quality time with your kids.🙏🙏
Everyone have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Bless you my friend. May you have an abundance of family time with your children and have good memories to make and reminisce.

I know it's off topic, but this is my girls and I first Thanksgiving without out my wife. I celebrated what would've been our 22nd wedding anniversary earlier this month. Not gonna lie, it sucks.

My youngest and I came to Starkville to spend it with my eldest for her last Egg Bowl.

FYI: don't let our crappy coach turn us on each other. We all have the same end result goal.

I just hope we provide a place to get away. This forum helps me a lot so I appreciate all of you even if we don’t agree on topics. Happy thanksgiving!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT