ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Going for Two was completely out of character for CRS

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
In the 13 seasons of watching CRS coached teams, I have not seen anything like that. I've been thinking about anything comparable in games and can not come up with one thing. I can not recall a single instance, not one, of where there's even been a hint of riverboat gambler. I liked the end result and am not complaining, but over the last dozen seasons, I wish there had been a little more of this to give his players chances to win close games, especially at home.

Yes. I think Stock is looking at this as his last year and he is going to try and go out with a bang. I am confident he knows that we are very restless and have had our hearts stomped on in way too many games over the past 12 years. FAU was a MUST WIN and dammit if we didn't get the win. I am starting to get some hope back in me. btw....Skip Holtz pulled off a shocker yesterday as well. I would love to see a MT vs. LT matchup in the conference championship. One can only dream. Biggest game of season is coming up.

Reactions: Hop45
According to the “Five Things” article in the DNJ, he asked Jovante Moffat what he thought about going for two - and of course he told Stock to go for it. And thus he did.

In the 13 seasons of watching CRS coached teams, I have not seen anything like that. I've been thinking about anything comparable in games and can not come up with one thing. I can not recall a single instance, not one, of where there's even been a hint of riverboat gambler. I liked the end result and am not complaining, but over the last dozen seasons, I wish there had been a little more of this to give his players chances to win close games, especially at home.

The guy had to know the season was on the line here. You simply could not start 1-3 and 0-1 in conference in this year, where the team is allegedly loaded for bear. You also don't want to get in a short field shootout with Lane Kiffen's FAU offense.

That said, this team has taken steps forward before. It's the next step that's always been the problem. One leap forward and one backwards just means you're in the same place.

I think we went a long way into earning back some of the fan bases goodwill - but we can crap it all away Friday.

Friday’s game at Marshall will tell us if we are serious contenders for the C-USA championship. It’s a must win. And cannot sleepwalk through Florida International just beyond that one; need both W’s coming into Homecoming with Charlotte on the 20th.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Friday’s game at Marshall will tell us if we are serious contenders for the C-USA championship. It’s a must win. And cannot sleepwalk through Florida International just beyond that one; need both W’s coming into Homecoming with Charlotte on the 20th.

ESPN has MT's chances @ Marshall and @ FIU at less than 30% each

Us at Marshall I don't like but FIU? Thomas will have another big game against FIU. They are pass happy and we like that type of offense.

Us at Marshall I don't like but FIU? Thomas will have another big game against FIU. They are pass happy and we like that type of offense.

Assuming he is 100%. They were very careful with him.

Our success really depends on the D. Our O can get better but Stock doesn’t have any real weapons.

I think Casey will catch on sooner than later. Him and Salter had a bunch of drops last night. Salter pisses me off. He's more than good but he can't put it together it seems. He has flashes that show what he can do but he's so inconsistent. We went vertical a bunch and had like 7 crucial drops. If we catch half of those, we are great shape offensively.

BTW, Stock finally showed some balls last night and it worked. I think if we would have done that last year versus WKU in the first overtime, we would have won that game. We also started returning kicks in the 2nd half. I wonder what made him ok that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT