ADVERTISEMENT

Giddy Potts...

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
I hope you guys are watching, because this kid is becoming a star right before your eyes. Don't blink on this kid I think he's got what it takes to become something special.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by cbow0328:
I hope you guys are watching, because this kid is becoming a star right before your eyes. Don't blink on this kid I think he's got what it takes to become something special.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I was trying to think of the last time a freshman came in was scoring like he has been the last few games. Been rare.

Too early to draw too many conclusions but it will be interesting to see how Giddy does the remainder of the season. He will be much more in the spotlight in the next game or two. For sure we have needed one or two of the new guys to emerge as a scorer so hopefully Giddy will continue to produce.

Notwithstanding Potts 50 points in 2 games, I do think Chamberlain's record averages of 50 points and 25 rebounds per game is safe.
This post was edited on 2/22 10:37 PM by weatim

Kyle Turnham mentioned to Chip yesterday that we were watching Giddy grow up before our eyes. While I expect ups and downs I am hoping he can be a high-level contributor for the next 3+ years.

Unnoticed is that freshman PG JaQuel Richmond is quietly becoming a much better floor leader. While his numbers are not impressive he has shown instances of brilliance and his PT is up (possibly due to Ivory's reoccurring concussion) and TOs are down ( 0 in 14 min. against Marshall, 2 in 25 min. yesterday). His shot selection is impressive for a freshman - I'm beginning to see why he was a 3 star recruit.

Potts, Richmond, Ivory, and Simpson have all shown they can be contributors at the D-1 level.

As an aside: Davis has mentioned the need to bring in a guard who can both score and create: Gotta wonder if Potts play recently has shown that need has been met. (The drive in the middle and pass to Harris in the corner for what turned out to be the game winning 3 was impressive)

This post was edited on 2/23 6:58 AM by MTFNBY5

What a WIN!
Thought we played with great enthusiam the whole game, save the first 2 & 1/2 minutes.
I do wish we would finish better in the paint and hit the "D" boards. I thought WK got way too many put backs.
All said, I thought for the young team we are that we played pretty much lights out.

Giddy is truly giddy to watch !!!

The stretch of away games will really set the tone for the tournament.

GO RAIDERS !!

D-winns

He's definitely mor than just a 3 pt shooter. Good passer, handles the ball well, and rebounds as well as any guard we have had in the last several years. Reminds me of Marcos Knight with a better shot. Very excited about our guard play the next several years.

I have been quiet most of the season, but again I said at the beginning... Ups and downs with a young team. I felt like Giddy was physically the most ready to go as far as davis is concerned. Really surprised about DJ Jones, but I can say I am really impressed with our freshman guards. Giddy does remind us of Marcos. Giddy has shown he is a better 3pt shooter. Man I sure am glad we have those 4. If we can hold on to all of them next year we really will be tough. Possibly back to the top 3 in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT