ADVERTISEMENT

Football Gameday Question

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
I noticed a few people last season with cowbells. I thought those were not allowed in the stadium. I want to get one but don’t want to waste my money if I cannot bring it. I believe I saw online they were not allowed. Does anyone know if I would be okay bringing one to the football games? Thanks!

I’m not a fan of artificial noise makers at games without a link to a pre-WWII tradition. Cowbells should stay in Starkville where they’ve been for 100 years.

A few people with cowbells at MT will annoy the few home fans more than affect the game. Easy to turn into the equivalent of the Vandy Whistler.

I’d be all for a new tradition at MT games. It’s definitely a blank slate if you can get people to join in.

Bring back the cannon! 😆

Usl Championship Fire GIF by Charleston Battery

Thats why I sit in 2HH
It's the backs for me. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and buy one of those padded seats/backs things with straps and carry it in. My back just can't take 3hrs without it.

Between the death stare from cheering and the chairbacks being way too close together, I'm probably better off anyway. I've got to sit on home side though. Don't like looking across to our sideline at all.

The dream would be a full stadium of chairbacks like NFL. Those seats in Charlotte were nice. Lol.

Reactions: ewglenn
Me and a buddy just roam. Usually change locations 3-4 times during a game. Prefer standing at rail in 2HH

I remember the old guy who used to dance in the aisles the whole game and I think he passed away a few years back.
I was surprised to see him doing the same thing at a UT /Vandy game dressed in orange.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I’m not a fan of artificial noise makers at games without a link to a pre-WWII tradition. Cowbells should stay in Starkville where they’ve been for 100 years.

A few people with cowbells at MT will annoy the few home fans more than affect the game. Easy to turn into the equivalent of the Vandy Whistler.

I’d be all for a new tradition at MT games. It’s definitely a blank slate if you can get people to join in.
My late wife bought me a cowbell for when at State games. It's fun when so many are in unison.

The students decorate theirs and they seem to really enjoy it. Some have the handles looking like pirate swords.

I like how they play the "More Cowbell" skit from SNL before the game.

I brought a cheap cowbell to MT games one season several years ago. Fortunately, the stands were fairly empty in front of me because the little ball inside separated itself from the bell and went rocketing about 12 rows down. Didn't hit anyone, thank goodness!

• Haha
Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
New traditions need to be had for sure...

Couple examples:
-Alabama playing and all singing Dixieland Delight (I've been to few Bama games and it's fun when they sing it. Change lyrics up a bit. My daughter mentioned they have their own version they sing when played at the bars in Starkville.)
-Cowbells - as mentioned earlier

Got to get Greek Life involved for sure. I see them at tailgates, then goes to their respective houses.

We had drinks with a buddy who represented his fraternity at the meeting when Greek Row was being discussed and his recommendation was No. His two biggest complaints were no alcohol at parties, and they could be used for overflow housing for non-fraternity members. I've seen frats at Bama and Miss State, and they put up vinyl type walls to hide it and keep others out. Plus, security.

Not sure where I wanted to go with this post, it appears I allowed it to get away from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT