ADVERTISEMENT

FAU signs 10 year 5 Million deal sponsorship deal on their basketball arena

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
FAU that has had zero success in basketball and a small arena with no fan support or history was somehow able to sign a deal like this. Meanwhile here at Middle no sponsorship for the basketball arena or football stadium and we have actually had recent national success in basketball. It appears we did not capitalize at all on it All we hear are excuses from our AD/President.

'The Florida Atlantic University Athletic Department has partnered with Brian Wedding and RoofClaim.com on a $5 million, 10-year sponsorship to name the RoofClaim.com Arena, home of the FAU men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams.

“We are tremendously excited to partner with Brian Wedding and RoofClaim.com,” said Brian White, vice president and director of athletics. “This partnership is transformational for our student-athletes and fans, as well as the community. We are thrilled about the opportunities provided to FAU and our athletics department from this investment.”

Wedding is the founder/CEO of RoofClaim.com, a company he has aligned with several reputable and charitable companies and organizations though corporate partnerships. RoofClaim.com is a technology service company specializing in the diagnosing and processing of shingle and tile roof replacement insurance claims though the use of cutting-edge technology, and industry leading processes. The company is recognized nationally for its services and is also a member of the National Roofing Contractors Association and the National Association of Home Builders. RoofClaim.com is a subsidiary of Jasper Inc.

“I am very excited about the growth and vision of Florida Atlantic University, under the direction of President Kelly and Director of Athletics Brian White,” said Wedding. “There is a lot of synergy between FAU and RoofClaim.com. We are both working to help those in the South Florida region, as well as expand the student and fan experience. I look forward to raising a championship trophy with FAU one day.”

FAU that has had zero success in basketball and a small arena with no fan support or history was somehow able to sign a deal like this. Meanwhile here at Middle no sponsorship for the basketball arena or football stadium and we have actually had recent national success in basketball. It appears we did not capitalize at all on it All we hear are excuses from our AD/President.

'The Florida Atlantic University Athletic Department has partnered with Brian Wedding and RoofClaim.com on a $5 million, 10-year sponsorship to name the RoofClaim.com Arena, home of the FAU men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams.

“We are tremendously excited to partner with Brian Wedding and RoofClaim.com,” said Brian White, vice president and director of athletics. “This partnership is transformational for our student-athletes and fans, as well as the community. We are thrilled about the opportunities provided to FAU and our athletics department from this investment.”

Wedding is the founder/CEO of RoofClaim.com, a company he has aligned with several reputable and charitable companies and organizations though corporate partnerships. RoofClaim.com is a technology service company specializing in the diagnosing and processing of shingle and tile roof replacement insurance claims though the use of cutting-edge technology, and industry leading processes. The company is recognized nationally for its services and is also a member of the National Roofing Contractors Association and the National Association of Home Builders. RoofClaim.com is a subsidiary of Jasper Inc.

“I am very excited about the growth and vision of Florida Atlantic University, under the direction of President Kelly and Director of Athletics Brian White,” said Wedding. “There is a lot of synergy between FAU and RoofClaim.com. We are both working to help those in the South Florida region, as well as expand the student and fan experience. I look forward to raising a championship trophy with FAU one day.”

IRRC it is against either The TN Higher Ed. Commission or BOR policy to accept sponsorship for an on-campus facility. Off hand I can't think of any at any TN tax-supported school which has corporate sponsors for on-campus venues.

Reactions: Raiders_55
IRRC it is against either The TN Higher Ed. Commission or BOR policy to accept sponsorship for an on-campus facility. Off hand I can't think of any at any TN tax-supported school which has corporate sponsors for on-campus venues.

Austin Peay has a sponsor for their football stadium, but I can't think of any others.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
Austin Peay has a sponsor for their football stadium, but I can't think of any others.

Yeah, I can't think of another single state university property that has given over naming rights in exchange for a sponsorship... again it seems apsu has more forward and innovative thinking leadership than MT's trifecta of mediocrity who can do nothing more than present drawings and videos that never become anything more...

Reactions: MT Glenn and MTTim
Yeah, I can't think of another single state university property that has given over naming rights in exchange for a sponsorship... again it seems apsu has more forward and innovative thinking leadership than MT's trifecta of mediocrity who can do nothing more than present drawings and videos that never become anything more...

We've had a lot of impressive renderings over the years that never became reality.

I wonder if the fact that the stadium which once belonged to the city of Clarksville has anything to do with the facility being able to have sponsorship.

If that is indeed the case, then they should be pushing for a change in the rule. Alcohol used to not be allowed at games. Why are we holding ourselves back as a state from naming rights. We already litter our stadium and arena with advertising. Why not just name it and collect the check. Mcphee and Massaro should be pushing for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT