ADVERTISEMENT

Does the poor weather this week hurt our preparation?

Blueraider_Mike

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2005
I was just thinking about how the weather is crappy through Thursday...we have no IPF. Does it help us focus in poor conditions or hurt us?

I assume they practice on the turf.

Just saw a tweet that the team was practicing at Floyd today. Probably helped that there were three scouts in attendance.

The only time it would affect them was if it was lightning the whole week and they had to take practices inside. When you move into the stadium, you do have 1/2 the space that the practice fields have, but they can make due. I do remember practicing on the old turf, Andy Mac days, where when it rained and then the sun came out, the Skillet really fried. It was hot as shit in there then. I don't know if the new turf has helped this out at all now.

The only time it would affect them was if it was lightning the whole week and they had to take practices inside. When you move into the stadium, you do have 1/2 the space that the practice fields have, but they can make due. I do remember practicing on the old turf, Andy Mac days, where when it rained and then the sun came out, the Skillet really fried. It was hot as shit in there then. I don't know if the new turf has helped this out at all now.
Pretty sure the new turf is still pretty hot. The black balls of rubber under the turf do a pretty good job of attracting/maintaining heat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT