ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS December Board of Trustees December meeting (video)

Freeman is legit. The rest are basically political hacks.

I don't necessarily agree with him on everything. But he's not side stepping a board that is basically a joke and nothing more than another level of bureaucracy that gets nothing done.

I don't necessarily agree with him on everything. But he's not side stepping a board that is basically a joke and nothing more than another level of bureaucracy that gets nothing done.

at least he is trying to make a change, maybe all complaints should go to him

Are all BoT members serving six year terms? Board kicked off in 2017, IIRC, will there be a complete turnover in 2023? Will there be reappointments? And are those up to the Governor?

So many questions, does McPhee's contract end concurrently with the end of BoT six year terms?

Administratively, I hoped that MT would do whatever UCF was doing when we made the jump. It seemed, early on, that there was a commitment to excellence and fan excitement.

We had a chance to be chick fil a but we chose Popeyes chicken.

Nah, that's not a good comparison. More like Minnie Pearl fried chicken.
At least John J. Hooker was eclectic and got over his head when backing Minnie Pearl's Fried Chicken. Great idea but horrible execution, circa 1967-71. Not sure our vision and ambition has ever been to that level under this regime. Mr. Hooker had one of his Tennessee Governor campaigns while he was in rapid growth phase with too many businesses (Roast Beef and Ice Cream shops) and that unraveled things. About 10-12 years later, he started "Hookers Hamburgers" one of which was on Nolensville Road near Thompson Lane--this chain was another Judy's and Wendy's want-to-be. I distinctly remember Hooker's Hamburgers, but was an infant when Minnie Pearls was on the decline. Mom and Dad remember Minnie Pearl's being here in Murfreesboro in 1969. It was next to Mr. D's which became Captain D's (a Danner and Shoney's enterprise).

Would say MT athletics is more like Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken. Lee's Chicken had many locations including one in Murfreesboro next to O'Charleys on Memorial in the 80's and early 90's. They still exist but have low relevance in the quick service food industry. Comparably, our FBS presence still exists, but due to previously cited weak leadership and miscues making us look like The Three Stooges in administering a FBS athletics program. That image and result generates low relevance and affinity. And, many fans have tuned out for other activities over the years.

A 7-6 bowl win in the Bahamas a bottom half C-USA MBB team doesn't move the engagement needle much while our peers and brethren in the $EC enjoy monetary and promotional success in their new conferences and media rights contracts. We are who we are--here for a handful of die-hard alumni and sidewalk fans having ties to the university or Murfreesboro without much regional support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT