ADVERTISEMENT

MT Board of Trustees meeting November 9

If you have concerns about anything,, it's always good to politely address your concerns in a civil, adult manner.

FDVT7gBXIAYzulr

Reactions: Raiderclyde
BTW that email listing has been posted on facebook and twitter, but I am not sure it has received as wide a distribution as perhaps it needs among MT fans, alumni, and others.

So if Pam Wright is the chair of the Athletics Committee, who all is on said committee?

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Could the board theoretically vote to fire McPhee?

How does McPhee get removed?

Reactions: Predarat
Not sure any of the boards that were created for the old Board of Regent schools has ever fired anyone to this point...

Well that explains why the baseball field looks fantastic and the football stadium is showing rust on the stairs. Stairs overlooking that amazing diamond mind you.

Well that explains why the baseball field looks fantastic and the football stadium is showing rust on the stairs. Stairs overlooking that amazing diamond mind you.
I haven't been on that side of the football stadium this season but I can testify that the stairs on the Press Box side have been resurfaced and look great.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Has Mc Phee’s ear. Instrumental in hiring Massaro, who hired Stock. Probably had influence in hiring Insell, as both of them are/ were involved heavily in the Walking Horse industry.
With his clout In MT athletics, doesn't seem like a guy who would be satisfied wallowing in mediocracy.
What gives?
That statue outside the baseball stadium next to Stanford's statue is his father, if I not mistaken.

Perhaps enjoys being the big fish in a small and evaporating pond. The more boosters that we lose or miss on, the more weight he carries??? Just a WAG.

From that September meeting video, it seems he swings a heavy and quick gavel there.

That statue outside the baseball stadium next to Stanford's statue is his father, if I not mistaken.

Perhaps enjoys being the big fish in a small and evaporating pond. The more boosters that we lose or miss on, the more weight he carries??? Just a WAG.

From that September meeting video, it seems he swings a heavy and quick gavel there.
Exactly. He's like being the big fish in the small pond. One reason we do not have many big donors. I think he's a jerkwad.

In addition to my initial BRAA donation and season tickets purchase back in ‘07, Roy Mewbourne sold me on a donation structure to support that same baseball stadium renovation. The wife and I even attended the ribbon cutting. SMH.

It’s not going to be addressed in any detail at this meeting if at all.

He came on last in the agenda and touted track wins and the new golf facility. Then said the things will be resolved this week. They then asked for questions from the trustees and there were none. Meeting over. What a load of crap.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
If it was a done deal that we have decided to stay in CUSA, he could’ve easily broken the news now and let people deal with it. Instead it’s been left open. I’m still expecting them to say we are satisfied with where we are but there’s somehow still a chance that we make a change.

Enrollment is down all over the country. When my daughter graduated high school a few years ago a huge chunk of her class went to trade schools or community College. Expense of education and the return on it. I mean it is going to get to a point there won't be a standard rate for electricians, hvac, etc. They will command what they want.

But either way....

Athletics are the front porch of a university. Win and enrollment goes up, not to mention money rolling in. It helped us in Kermit's run, Coastal Carolina enrollment is up, I could go on.

Why is this so freaking hard to understand for our admin. I don't get it.

Just a couple of observations about MT's board meeting.

We have a large proportion of enrollees that are first generation college attendees. That's great and I think that is exactly what state universities should provide....opportunity to receive an education for everyone. There was a lot of discussion of luring prospective students, ethnic backgrounds of prospective students, retaining students, and the regular mumbo jumbo that I would expect from a board meeting but to me, you are selling a product. And although the above are definitely things to analyze, what is MTSU?

Is MTs product competitive compared to other schools? We failed on the law school. That would have been a great recruiting tool for students. We don't have professional schools. In other words, it feels like we are nothing more than a big community college of sorts. It has been that way for years. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for my undergrad but the product seems stale. Our name. Product offerings....it would be great to come out swinging.

There were some nice things - Looks like our online degree presence is being noticed. They correlated that admissions are down due to a positive economy. When jobs are less, people generally retool and go back to school. That made sense.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT