ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Commitment, this one from Florida

Any explanation for the plethora of commits in such a short period of time other than the obvious "get it over to concentrate on my Sr. season".

The Franklin effect? More local talent which fits our level? ???

Any explanation for the plethora of commits in such a short period of time other than the obvious "get it over to concentrate on my Sr. season".

The Franklin effect? More local talent which fits our level? ???

IIRC, some of these commitments had decided earlier to commit but only announced this past week. Not sure why.

article in his local paper, excerpt:

...One practice in full pads.

That's all Martin County High School athletic trainer Barry O'Rourke needed to see before instructing football coach Chuck Kenyon that senior Cody Smith shouldn't — actually couldn't — hit any more of his teammates.

"The first day of contact during the spring we had three kids that didn't make the end of practice because of Cody," Kenyon said. "They were clean hits, but we just can't have that. We had to tell him to run by them. 'Run by the play because we know you can make that play.'

"We tell him, 'Don't hit our kids in practice.' Daily, we have to tell him that."

Smith's bone-crunching hits may cause concern for the Tigers' coaching staff and certainly for opponents, but it's the primary attribute college coaches are drawn to.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound safety verbally committed to Middle Tennessee last weekend and makes his debut at No. 7 on the latest TCPalm Super 11.

"I just had a good relationship with (Middle Tennessee) coach (David) Bibee; he's the safeties coach there," said Smith, who also has offers from Army and Western Kentucky. "He just put Kevin Byard in the NFL and they have a couple other athletes headed that way, so I feel like I'll have good success with him." ...

read the whole thing...
http://www.tcpalm.com/sports/high-s...12-9459-100f-e053-0100007f55af-391482921.html
Martin County DB Cody Smith hits hard — maybe too hard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT