ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Coaching carousel...

What a disaster dumpster fire in Knoxville. Whoever hired Curry needs to go. They need to get Gary Rankin and hope he translates to the SEC.

I know who I HOPE they hire, but the odds of that happening are approximately 3720 to 1.

What a disaster dumpster fire in Knoxville. Whoever hired Curry needs to go. They need to get Gary Rankin and hope he translates to the SEC.

Please tell me you are kidding...please.

I was at Riverdale during Rankin's heyday. He's a good coach, but his system wouldn't work in the SEC

Heard it was Brohm. NOW, reports are the Jimmy Hyams leaked the news of the Brohm hiring when he wasn't supposed to. Brohm is now pissed and will not take the UT job because he wanted to get back and tell his players before it came out. You can't make this stuff up.

I just hope an ESPN 30 for 30 will be made about this s*** show in the coming years.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Just heard Dave Doeren has been contacted by UT. Head coach at NC State...33-30 record with them. Wow!

Doeren......and now Sumlin. I think Les Miles is your guy right now but there are other programs looking too. Meanwhile all is quiet in Arkansas.

They are going to get turned down by so many people that it looks like they may fall ass-backwards into a good hire.

Doeren......and now Sumlin. I think Les Miles is your guy right now but there are other programs looking too. Meanwhile all is quiet in Arkansas.

I don't know why UT isn't going after Miles. After this mess he could name his price and probably choose his level of control and hold Currie over a fire if he wanted to.

And with all this failure, these guys get paid millions in parachutes. In former coaches alone, they have to be spending millions of dollars.

Some people really have all the luck. I think out of a 5 year deal, he has been there about 8 months.

If UT terminates the MOU or employment agreement without cause, the university will pay Currie liquidated damages in the amount of $100,000 times the number of months remaining in the term with partial months prorated. The separation payment would be paid in equal monthly installments over Currie’s remaining term.

I thought the rise of the Great Pumpkin ended with Charlie Brown's Halloween special. Fat Phil returns!

It's a shame that we're not better positioned to take advantage of the turmoil in Knoxville.

Don't go with that sinking ship, jump on board our sinking ship isn't too appealing to anyone tired of the Vol shenanigans.

Who would have ever thought the Armpit would be the best program in Tennessee and MT is the most stable (for better or worse)?

And Jimbo Fisher is now in the SEC.

Too bad MT is playing bad ball right now. Would be a great time to have a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT