ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Camellia Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs Ark. State (ESPN), 7PM, Saturday, December 16, 2017

Can’t say I blame him. Health first. If he is done, think he’d hang around as an assistant of some sort or go to a smaller school and earn his sea legs?

Just got back to the hotel. Those refs were the worst I've seen at a MT game. That mystery interception that was a mystery fumble that wasn't even a fumble because our player was down at the ASU 3 yard line. That was mind boggling and then it escalated from there. It was terrible refereeing. Our offense did what it had to do. Those throws where Brent was off are Richie throws. Richie was always there to catch those balls. Garnett and Patrick aren't Richie level players. So I get it. However, we should have ran more.

The D played lights out considering the messes our O made. Bottom line, we didn't fold when we have before. Arky St. is a great team with major fire power. We beat Vegas and ended the drought. Pretty awesome! I was getting ready to walk on the field which I did for the presentation and guess who was next to me? Danny freakin Carmichael! He was awesome and he jumped off the side to the field, accidentally fell on and took out a cooler of ice, got up and walked on the field like it was nothing. I love that guy.

Got to meet Brent, Richie and many others. Great young men and it was awesome being on the field. Great night and really proud of everyone who showed up and repped our city! Great turnout! Loved it.
Carmichael Sat in front of us during the game. Very animated and was pumping up the crowd. Had a ball celebrating on the field after!

so what's changed? Brent supposedly was going to Dick's sporting goods or something with another player to "get ready for next season" when we thought we weren't going to get a bowl.....

Now, because we won a bowl game, he's done?

No desire for a championship?

Word is this was Brent's last game

I talked to Brent and Richie on the field after the game and they gave me no indication about not returning but Richie just declared so take it with a grain of salt. Brent is staying I believe.

Great young men btw. Every player I talked to was yes sir and thank you sir.

Last edited:
It was a great time. My first bowl game, and I am glad I went. I was very impressed (surprised?) by our crowd, it was large and active. Overall I feel that the bowl was pretty pleased with the crowd and atmosphere.

Big props to the Alumni Office and BRAA for the pre-game food/drinks, that was fun. Went to the team bar afterwards and that was also fun, lots of MT fans around and who doesn't want to take an ice shot and throw it against the wall? :)

Seeing Stock and all the players so excited was worth the trip for sure. I would be surprised if Brent is done, he has 8 months to rest and work out at his own pace and get to where he needs to be. He won't probably play after next year, because of the toll injuries have had on his body and size, but he has a great future as a coach I believe. Why not play one more year and see what happens?

All in all, great trip! Thanks to all of those that went, made the atmosphere great!

But, gotta give Memphis props (much as I hate to) for " playing tail off" of and losing by only 1 point to a P5 school who in the middle of the season had beaten one of the schools in the so-called national championship playoffs. They "represented" and for one I'm hoping UCF from the AA can do the same as the G5 rep tomorrow against Auburn.

As for MT being the only one of the 4 D1 in-state schools which won a bowl. So?

But, gotta give Memphis props (much as I hate to) for " playing tail off" of and losing by only 1 point to a P5 school who in the middle of the season had beaten one of the schools in the so-called national championship playoffs. They "represented" and for one I'm hoping UCF from the AA can do the same as the G5 rep tomorrow against Auburn.

As for MT being the only one of the 4 D1 in-state schools which won a bowl. So?

We beat Cuse who beat Clemson. Same logic. The bowl win was very important.

Refs tried to give Memphis the win and they still could not pull it off. Wake game had some home cooking at the end as well but they at least got the w. Great time to be a blue raider!

There were plenty of bad calls to go around for both teams. That ACC Crew was awful. Even the Iowa St fans here in the hotel agreed. This year’s sold out Liberty Bowl was a great look for both fan bases. Over 60,000 there yesterday morning for an 11:30 am kickoff. Hated we lost but came away with a good feeling about where the Program is headed under Norvell. Wish I could say the same for Stock. I really do.

I could not believe the number of Iowa State fans there. Looked to me like 60/40 in favor of ISU. Never would have thought it would be that way.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
I could not believe the number of Iowa State fans there. Looked to me like 60/40 in favor of ISU. Never would have thought it would be that way.
26166910_10155227900961586_7464633510547632347_n.jpg

Looks like, FranklinRaider315, unlike our President you can prove crowd size with a photo. Apparently there's more blue in the red than blue in red. I would give a slight advantage to the blue based on that photo.

Looks like, FranklinRaider315, unlike our President you can prove crowd size with a photo. Apparently there's more blue in the red than blue in red. I would give a slight advantage to the blue based on that photo.
This photo was taken from a helicopter that hovered over the stadium. There is also another impressive shot they took when the FedEx 777 flew over. Unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT