ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Camellia Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs Ark. State (ESPN), 7PM, Saturday, December 16, 2017

I would be lying if I told you this offense is quickly wearing on me. So tired of the side-to-side passes that accomplish nothing, then we try to throw it down the field and our offensive line just crumbles. Sick of this offense. The play-calling, the players, the whole nine yards. Any time we face a competent team our offense is completely dominated.

The most frustrating part is the second we get any kind of protection, we can easily complete passes down the field. This offensive line is such an achilles heel.

Our defense has played amazing. Ark St. outgaining us in yards (because our offense sucks) but our defense is shutting them down when it matters.

Hopefully our defense doesn't tire out

Ok, I just went back at the half and watched the last ASU score. They had first and goal at the six. No penalties called and they ran five plays, with the fifth being the td. ?????

Really growing tired of Brent. Looking forward to see what Shiflett and Chance Nolan can do

Ok, I just went back at the half and watched the last ASU score. They had first and goal at the six. No penalties called and they ran five plays, with the fifth being the td. ?????

I went back too. If you look on the play that #94 Render was hurt, TV said 2nd and goal, but down maker at top of screen said 4th down and looked like the 1st down mark was at the 5. He got a 1st down on that run.

I WANT THAT FVCKING BACK JUDGES NAME - IM REPORTING HIM TO THE FVCKING FBI FOR INVESTIGATION

Reactions: C-Bow
WHERE ARE THESE REFS FROM????????????????????????????? THAT 4th and 9 PI WAS THE MOST PHANTOM BS I HAVE EVER SEEN PLUS THAT PI ON DARRYL RANDOLPH EARLIER WHAT THE F????????

It's way, WAY too early to start playing conservative....Come on rick

Here we go. We play to win the entire game, 7 minutes left we go conservative and we are gonna let them back in the game.

I swear to everything holy if we blow this...........

3 and out and our tired defense has to go back out there.

It is unbelievably too early to go into a shell and stop trying to win. We have beat these guys for 54 minutes. Please don't give up now.

We weren't particularly sharp, but we did enough to win. Which is not usually the case for us in bowl games.

The MT defense is salty, all credit to Shafer for the turnaround.

Let's see this momentum carry over to recruiting season and through the off-season.

Just got back to the hotel. Those refs were the worst I've seen at a MT game. That mystery interception that was a mystery fumble that wasn't even a fumble because our player was down at the ASU 3 yard line. That was mind boggling and then it escalated from there. It was terrible refereeing. Our offense did what it had to do. Those throws where Brent was off are Richie throws. Richie was always there to catch those balls. Garnett and Patrick aren't Richie level players. So I get it. However, we should have ran more.

The D played lights out considering the messes our O made. Bottom line, we didn't fold when we have before. Arky St. is a great team with major fire power. We beat Vegas and ended the drought. Pretty awesome! I was getting ready to walk on the field which I did for the presentation and guess who was next to me? Danny freakin Carmichael! He was awesome and he jumped off the side to the field, accidentally fell on and took out a cooler of ice, got up and walked on the field like it was nothing. I love that guy.

Got to meet Brent, Richie and many others. Great young men and it was awesome being on the field. Great night and really proud of everyone who showed up and repped our city! Great turnout! Loved it.

How was the turnout? I wasn't paying much attention to the stands. How many did we bring? How many did Ark St bring?

I gotta be honest, I thought we brought more to this game than we've had in our stands 80% of the season. We took up most of the home side and it restored my faith in the Blue Raider nation. The crowd and atmosphere was great. Our chants were in sync and we were loud. Really glad I went to this and even more glad we won. :)

Giving credit to two things that allowed us to win the game.

1) Defense - Played to win and kept us in the game. DJ Sanders scoop and score...
2) Ark State's Center - Going downfield as an ineligible receiver was huge and overturned a stAte TD. Don't know how that would have played out in the long term but they would have had more points than us.

While I think the correct call was made, this was crazy: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/16/16786130/arkansas-state-mtsu-camellia-bowl-2017

Way to get the W. I sorta miss playing the Red Wolves and miss the rivalries we had in the Belt. Don't know how much momentum this carries into 2018 but I hope we get better. Both teams looked like .500 teams to me.

I’m sure the fact he’s 26 and is probably ready to start coaching.

For the best to get out, sad to see him get these injuries. I really thought he had NFL prospects, especially with the overall lack of talent at the position right now it seems for most NFL teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT