Old Dominion vs Eastern Michigan

Dec 23, Armed Forces Bowl
Louisiana Tech vs Navy

Dec 24, Hawaii Bowl
MT vs Hawaii

Dec 27, Heart of Dallas Bowl
North Texas vs Army

Reactions: SpaceRaider
We play Hawaii in Hawaii. UTSA plays New Mexico in New Mexico. La Tech and North Texas are playing service academies. Even though North Texas will be close to home, it looks like a lot of C-USA teams will assume the role of the bad guy in the bowl games.

Southern Miss may be close enough to home to offset the Cajuns support in New Orleans.

5-7 North Texas was treated right... 2nd time they have made a bowl with five wins.

Their athletic department may not have to break a $100.00 bill

Reactions: MT Glenn
Dec 20, Thug Bowl
Memphis vs WKU

I know who I am pulling for:

the-dark-knight-rises-location-shooting-pittsburgh-tom-hardy-bane-heinz-field-gotham-stadium.jpg

I want WKU to destroy Memphis. As much I don't like WKU, I hate Memphis with a passion. However, if Brohm gets taken this week, Memphis has got it in the bag.

I want WKU to destroy Memphis. As much I don't like WKU, I hate Memphis with a passion. However, if Brohm gets taken this week, Memphis has got it in the bag.

I'm not happy that the CUSA champion has to play essentially the sixth place team in another G5 conference. CUSA's supposed best should be playing a P5 opponent in a bowl. Just another thing that pisses me off about the state of CUSA leadership.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Space, I'm not sure that this can be laid at the feet of CUSA leadership. I agree that one of the rewards for a %$&-major (or G5 or non-AQ or whateverthehell you call it) to go to a bowl is (or was at one time) the opportunity to play a neutral site game against a good "name" school. Similarly, at one time early-season basketball invitational tournaments gave good %$&-majors an opportunity to measure themselves against schools from the premiere conferences.

Since at this time both most bowls and most invitational basketball tournaments are controlled by ESPN all that is over. Other than WMU participating as the G5 rep. to the New Year's Six bowl only a hand full of games match P5 & G5 (and IIRC those are between a P5 & the AAC which is clearly the closest thing to an in between G5 conference).

The last two invitational basketball tournaments MT participated in have included only non "power" schools. Thankfully, next year the Blue Raiders are going to play in the Diamond Head Classic which has a good mix of "power" schools and quality mid-majors. (interesting that the PTB at MT will have the opportunity to spend two consecutive holiday seasons in The Aloha State.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT