ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS in the Premium Folder for MT fans

What a cowardly move...they can't even announce it publicly. I think its funny the last two extensions nobody knew about until a reporter dug it up.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I’m out guys. This is just confirmation things won’t change while they are here. I knew it, but there was a sliver of hope. However, they not only do stupid things, they don’t even have the testicular fortitude to announce it and stand by their decisions. It takes a FOIA for fans to find out. Absolutely gutless.

I enjoyed engaging with the few remaining diehards, but it’s just not worth the time or effort. Keep fighting the good fight. I will be back once the stooges are gone, (assuming I outlive them leaving).

There is not a single justifiable reason to have extended Stockstill. Because of another seven win season?

Austin, once you've had it in premium long enough please put the details here in the open forum. I had already stopped going. I had already stopped giving, but if these clowns actually extended Stockstill then I may never come back at all. Ever.

How could anyone view what's happened with MT football - particularly just looking at the attendance and justify giving CRS even more time?? You almost have to be attempting to sabotage the athletics program to do so. There is literally no justification. And as mentioned above to do it in the cloak of darkness demonstrates just how pathetic our leadership is. F'n cowards.

For a program that's on life support, this is the equivalent of pulling the plug.

When I was at the Old Dominion game last year, I had no idea that it would probably be my last time in that stadium. It will take a lot to get me back and I doubt that really great guy can do it.

Reactions: Hop45
We aren't the only ones dealing with stupid contracts. Brown was hired at WVU 2019. 2021 he got an extension.

2019 = 5-7
2020 = 6-4 (won bowl and extended thru 2026)
2021 = 6-7 (lost bowl)
2022 = 0-2
17-20 overall.

Current buyout of $16.7m.
Apparently my teams are just asking for it.

I said this in the Lounge. I get extended, to an extent. But you don't need 4 years anymore due to the portal. It isn't an issue for recruitment. It just ties the school in to a bad situation.
Oh to be Nebraska. Fired Frost and paid $17m. If they would've waited less than a month, dropped to $7.5. Fired him anyway.

We had theorized about this and best case was three seasons after this one, from what I can gather it is NOT the best case scenario,

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I’m thinking DeLeon is AD in waiting.
Based on some things that someone else shared with me, I’ve known for a while that CM is not in good favor with SM. Bottom line…..I don’t care. My investment in this mess since 2015 has been a couple of walk up tickets, another couple of free tickets from a buddy, and a couple of Blue Raider brats.

What I would like to know is how long it took and, how much pushback the person who filed the FOIA received before getting the information requested. 😂😂

Last edited:
From a cynic's perspective & based on the past 15 plus years, is this really a surprise? The triad of McPhee, Stock, & Massaro is impossible to overcome. Their one common goal is an enjoyable future retirement. Actually I see McPhee as the WC Fields of Athletics, "Get away from me kid you bother me." Instead of hating athletics, it's more meh, whatever?!? The extension was just another form to sign, by now we should know the 50 percent win margin is not even necessary, something to make Massaro shows he half cares. Multiple 3-9 years is in essence ok too. Administrations current favorite song is "Don't rock the boat baby, Don't tip the boat over". Just keep staff happy & leave upper mgmt alone. After all who is going to stop the money flow & hold accountability? The Tenn Board of Regents? Life's good at the top

I guess they wanted to keep him from going to Nebraska? LOL

I want to see the terms of this one. He should have been fired years ago and this is a complete slap in the face to fans. I REALLY hope they lose every single remaining game this year.

at this point i'm convinced stock has incriminating photos/evidence of McPhee and/or Massaro.

i see why stockstill doesn't make a change at OL now. He has zero pressure to fire his assistants because he has a lifetime, tenured deal here at MT.

Well, that just freed up my Saturday night.........
Yep, it seems the "Leadership" doesn't even care. While attendance has been struggling, gametime is the same as UT's. Attendance for this home game may not be that bad because of TSU fans. Sad state of affairs.

Very frustrating. It would be less frustrating if Stockstill would bring in some more youthful coaches and fire his buddies. I like our coordinators and I like our young position coaches but some of these older guys really need to go. They've underperformed for far too long.

I don't see how Polly and Mallory still have jobs. West is a little iffy because our DL's have traditionally been decent to good, but I don't think that's a product of his coaching I think it's because we have good talent at the position. But Polly & Mallory have been borderline dead weight if you ask me. The fact that no other school has wanted them after all these years should be very telling.

We need to be graduating coordinators and assistants (and head coaches) to bigger and better programs. Not retaining them for life and affording them a Tennessee state retirement plan because they've been here so long...

Reactions: blueraiderJT
For any of you on Facebook, on 9/3 after the beat down by JMU, a former BRAA Director responded to Blue Raider Football with a post that spawned multiple comments. One particular detailed comment by a very successful alum and booster addressed the very situation regarding these contracts and lack of accountability. I’m not gonna link it or cut and paste it but you’ll know it when you find it and read it. It’s pretty telling about our situation. Makes me sad.

For any of you on Facebook, on 9/3 after the beat down by JMU, a former BRAA Director responded to Blue Raider Football with a post that spawned multiple comments. One particular detailed comment by a very successful alum and booster addressed the very situation regarding these contracts and lack of accountability. I’m not gonna link it or cut and paste it but you’ll know it when you find it and read it. It’s pretty telling about our situation. Makes me sad.

I couldn't find it but I'm not surprised. I commented a few times myself and the jist of everyone was they are done. Sad is right.

Neither could I, at least I think that I didn't find it. I did see a former player express love for MT and Stock the man, but not exactly a ringing endorsement for Stock the coach.

I feel bad for the people hired this spring to raise funds. Lee De Leon must be feeling helpless as McPhee, Massaro and Steve Smith steer towards a cliff. I talked to someone who bought season tickets after a few years absence who said if this had been known before hand he would have passed on the 'opportunity to return to Floyd. It's no wonder they kept this quiet. They knew fans would not be happy about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Can we get a comment from Massaro? Austin? Matt?
Why? Their actions speak louder than any bullshit spin they can put on this. Find me one person who thinks this was a good idea/move.

They have made it clear that 1) they don’t give two shits about the alumni/fan base (not that’s there’s one left), 2) championships don’t matter, and 3) mediocre is good enough here. I wonder what it’s like to be associated with a school that actually cares about winning and building a program?

*This screams of conspiracy theorist, but with the amount of money higher ed is bringing in, it seems likely*

We are being held down by the UT education system and those that wish to see it thrive. TN College $ IS a zero sum game. The more we get, the less they do and vice versa...we are just on the extreme losing end here and this contract extension fits right in.

Murfreesboro is thriving and growing exponentially, this should equate to MT's growth in all areas, but we are seeing the opposite happen. Something doesn't add up.

I'll Cheer on my alma mater no matter who is coaching, and I think you all agree. Its just sad to see what is happening and how we could be so much more.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Now we have to hope Stock retires or gets hit by a truck? Is that what this comes down to? He's been here for 17 years and still is .500 at best. Who else has done that college wise? He's set to be here to like 2028? He'll be 70 by then right? I mean release us already. It's already death in JRF stadium.

Why am I a fan of this team when they keep doing bullsh!t like this? He;s done nothing to earn this and we are chained to him. He's like herpes. He just won't go away. and keeps infecting us worse as time goes on.

There are fools on twitter defending this crap. Unreal.

Why? Their actions speak louder than any bullshit spin they can put on this. Find me one person who thinks this was a good idea/move.

They have made it clear that 1) they don’t give two shits about the alumni/fan base (not that’s there’s one left), 2) championships don’t matter, and 3) mediocre is good enough here. I wonder what it’s like to be associated with a school that actually cares about winning and building a program?

If it were not for the aerospace program, I would steer my pilot to be child to other schools.

Almost as if this is a simulation. This can’t be real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT