ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Asher O'Hara is Transferring

CUSA stats vs ACC stats. LOL. Liberty wasn't depleted. They only lost one game and Bailey took em out. That alone is better than anything that OHurry did. Liberty would have eaten OHurry's lunch and we would have lost by 30. He couldn't even beat UTSA and you're throwing out stats? LOL. Miami wasn't depleted either. Also, CUSA was more depleted last year and we still couldn't do squat. Stats don't win games and OHurry wasn't a winner. AT ALL. If he was, he'd still be here and we would have had 2 winning seasons with him. I'll take anyone over a dude who couldn't even try to find a no.3 before he'd take off running with no plan. I lived 2019 and 20 and it was brutal. 4 wins. WE LOST TO RICE in 2019. In 2020, 3 wins. WE GOT WORSE AND WE SHOULD HAVE LOST TO RICE AGAIN. LOL.
Stop...look up his 2 years of being a backup stats, i see you keep ignoring that. You are happy he beat a G5 Liberty by 1 only because of a safety.....laughable. I guess you didn't read that he is in a QB battle and splitting reps with 1st and 2nd offense, but hey you keep believing.

It's the only game Liberty lost. Liberty was and is ranked. How is that win laughable? Could we beat em? No. Coastal couldn't beat em. VT and Syracuse couldn't beat em. We couldnt beat North Texas or Rice (in 2019) or WKU. I don't care if Hockman or Chase wins. They will be better than Ohara was. It's not about stats. It's about managing a game and when you can win P5 games and beat a couple ranked teams, then it's an upgrade. I'm glad you like Ohurry. You can follow him at Sacramento/Portland/ nowhere St. They should look great getting waxed by Eastern Washington. Then you can bring up his great stats. LOL. Also, he bailed. Hockman is what we have so I'm rooting for him. OHurry bailed. When crap got rough he took off. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
You cannot compare stats between CUSA and ACC. To give an example I compared I'Tavius Mathers's stats to Jordan Parker's since they played at the same time. Mathers's senior year was a year after Parker left since he had to sit out.

Parker's first 3 seasons at MTSU he had 2,142 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Mathers's first 3 seasons at Ole Miss he had 1,057 yards and 7 touchdowns.

Based on the logic of Hockman not being an upgrade because his stats were not better than O'Hara's, Mathers would also not be an upgrade over Parker.

As a note Parker's senior year he had 469 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns.
Mathers's senior season at MTSU he had 1,561 yards rushing and 17 touchdowns. Not to mention 633 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
You cannot compare stats between CUSA and ACC. To give an example I compared I'Tavius Mathers's stats to Jordan Parker's since they played at the same time. Mathers's senior year was a year after Parker left since he had to sit out.

Based on the logic of Hockman not being an upgrade because his stats were not better than O'Hara's, Mathers would also not be an upgrade over Parker.

Mathers's senior season at MTSU he had 1,561 yards rushing and 17 touchdowns. Not to mention 633 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns.
That's all I was saying. If he can throw 250 yards on Miami, he's ok in my book.

It's the only game Liberty lost. Liberty was and is ranked. How is that win laughable? Could we beat em? No. Coastal couldn't beat em. VT and Syracuse couldn't beat em. We couldnt beat North Texas or Rice (in 2019) or WKU. I don't care if Hockman or Chase wins. They will be better than Ohara was. It's not about stats. It's about managing a game and when you can win P5 games and beat a couple ranked teams, then it's an upgrade. I'm glad you like Ohurry. You can follow him at Sacramento/Portland/ nowhere St. They should look great getting waxed by Eastern Washington. Then you can bring up his great stats. LOL. Also, he bailed. Hockman is what we have so I'm rooting for him. OHurry bailed. When crap got rough he took off. Sheesh.
pull up his stats compare is top P% games against hockmans

That's all I was saying. If he can throw 250 yards on Miami, he's ok in my book.

You can compare what they did, the ACC is top heavy and you can compare what they did. hey he is in a battle with the 2nd string QB that couldn't beat out O'hurry. You guys are missing the point, if we are depending on this guy. It will be a long season. You still have the same craptastic Oline coach. So we will see. If you like take what O'hurry did against his P5 competition and what hockman did against his better P5 comp as well.

And won 4 games in a weak league with no competition ahead of him. BTW, Cunningham came in and gave us a chance in the UNT game that year because Ohurry stunk it up with Dobson in the lineup. I don't know how much of a battle it is. Hockman is gonna be the guy. Dearmon isn't playing favorites right now. That's all that is. Hockman has experience as a starter. They went and got him to come here to play. He's gonna be the guy/

Cunningham is a better throwing QB than Ohara IMO. He didn't fit wTF's decaying offense which is why he never got a shot. He can't run and wTF liked the run aspect even though it limited our ability to complete drives or involove our RB's. When Cunninham came in in 19 vs. UNT, he put 2 TD drives together and got us back in that game. It was a great performance and instead of involving him more, they shelved him. I'm shocked he's still here. He's a good passer and a smart player. wTF was really a weird dude that stared at the sun too long.

Here's the big stat and only stat that matters. Hockman came in and won in 2020 when he was called upon and played very well against top 25 teams. He won 5 games out of the 7 he was called on to play in and Ohurry won 3 and got progressively worse. Forgot stats. How many drives did he complete and how many games did he win?

None of this matters because Ohurry ran out of town. He played and finished as a loser. He ain't here. If he was the sh!t, he'd still be here. He ain't so we have what we have. Whether Hockman is good or not, he at least wants to be here. I'll take that over a guy who can ran out anyday.

I gave you facts my man...just say we didn't get an upgrade we got a guy with about the same talent level as the one that just ran out of town. STATS don't lie, and he was playing behind a P5 line. I hope he does well, but naming him the savior because he came from P5 is just ridiculous. He is no better than what was here, we will see if the coaching of Dearmon pays off, not sold on the oline being better with the same coach that's coached the Oline for years. Some said he put 225 against Miami, UM was not that good. I guess O'Hara's 220 against #7 UM was luck and his rushing yards.

Bailey is a grad transfer. He didn't run. He went in and was dependable and played in a bowl game which Asher never did. Comparing G5 to P5 stats is hilarious and the dude (OHurry) never beat anyone of importance. We lost to UM by 21 so who cares? Iowa and Duke greased him.

Here's the thing... Who else we got? This is the dude we have to go with after OHurry ran so why not hype him up a bit? What choice do we have? A ranked Miami wasn't good but Rice and UTSA was? LOL. My brain has leaked enough. Good luck brother.

This is a silly argument. Different systems, different teams, the QB's have different strengths.

It really doesn't matter what happened in 2019 or 2020 or their stats from those years. Great players look awful behind poor OL's and bad coaching, and vice versa.

We will have to see what Hockman can do for us with this new OC Dearmon. Hopefully, they're a match made in heaven. I feel like it's probably an upgrade over Tony Franklin/O'Hara but they've got a lot to prove.

Hockman isn't as mobile as O'Hara so if we can't get a run game going and our OL can't pass pro, then it won't matter how much arm talent he has.

Bailey is a grad transfer. He didn't run. He went in and was dependable and played in a bowl game which Asher never did. Comparing G5 to P5 stats is hilarious and the dude (OHurry) never beat anyone of importance. We lost to UM by 21 so who cares? Iowa and Duke greased him.

Here's the thing... Who else we got? This is the dude we have to go with after OHurry ran so why not hype him up a bit? What choice do we have? A ranked Miami wasn't good but Rice and UTSA was? LOL. My brain has leaked enough. Good luck brother.
I said Michigan not rice and FIU. But good luck, he is dog fight right now with the backup that couldn't beat out O'hara

I don’t understand all the O’Hara hate. If he didn’t break and run like he did last season, I shudder to think how many TFL’s and sacks this o-line of ours would have allowed. Last season we ranked 89th and 90th, respectively out of 127.
Guess what team led the nation at 127th in both categories???? We now have their former offensive coordinator. If he’s all about tempo and whipping this o-line into pass protection shape, it didn’t show last year for him in Lawrence, KS. Hockman better bring his track shoes and his rib protection because he’s no where near as mobile as O’Hara.

I don’t understand all the O’Hara hate. If he didn’t break and run like he did last season, I shudder to think how many TFL’s and sacks this o-line of ours would have allowed. Last season we ranked 89th and 90th, respectively out of 127.
Guess what team led the nation at 127th in both categories???? We now have their former offensive coordinator. If he’s all about tempo and whipping this o-line into pass protection shape, it didn’t show last year for him in Lawrence, KS. Hockman better bring his track shoes and his rib protection because he’s no where near as mobile as O’Hara.
There was a lot of confusion on the play calling. From what I've heard, wTF was a mess last year and the OL would be blocking for a different play than what Asher was running. When Asher would take off, it was deceiving. You think the play was breaking down but many times he would not follow the play design nor read through his progression. I saw it in 2019 as coaches would jump him as he hit the sidelines. Coach Stock even mentioned it last season in interviews. Asher would often change the play design after the snap. Do you know how hard it is to block for that? Damn near impossible. The line could bloxk for Brent but not for OHurry? I mean come on. There are reasons. You can say it's a bad line but when the QB is a deer in the headlights, it doesn't help either.

Let me be clear. He had talent. He had speed and is athletic. Running an offense was not his strong suit. I think under the helmet, he wasn't what we needed and wTF was a trainwreck too. He would have been a better hybrid player for us or could have been a decent WINNING QB under a guy like Dearmon. That's my take and it's cool if folks disagree. What else are we gonna talk about? LOL.

Dearmon gets a pass from me at Kansas. Les Miles was running things amd overriding him while the sexual harassment crap was brewing. It was a mess and he wasn't able to do his job which is why he ran out of there as soon as he got the chance. I've worked for ego maniacs and can attest on how hard it is to innovate and progress while reporting to psychos like that. It's a reason I've been self employed for 18 years. LOL.

We will indeed. How does it help to pre-condemn? Let's wait and see.
Not condemning. Just still questioning why a young coach trying to claw his way up the food chain would sign the non-disclosure / non-litigation agreement that he did in order to leave Kansas. In addition to PAYING THEM $100,000 in 24 installments. Something just ain’t right, but then again, nothing ever is at good old Middle Tennessee. Kinda like old Stock’s $300,000 “gift” of previously unearned bonuses that he “donated” to offset Cost of Attendance stipends 6 years ago in exchange for 3 additional years guaranteed at +/- $850,000 a year. (Massaro Accounting 101)

Simply stellar.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtfblue
Not condemning. Just still questioning why a young coach trying to claw his way up the food chain would sign the non-disclosure / non-litigation agreement that he did in order to leave Kansas. In addition to PAYING THEM $100,000 in 24 installments. Something just ain’t right, but then again, nothing ever is at good old Middle Tennessee. Kinda like old Stock’s $300,000 “gift” of previously unearned bonuses that he “donated” to offset Cost of Attendance stipends 6 years ago in exchange for 3 additional years guaranteed at +/- $850,000 a year. (Massaro Accounting 101)

Simply stellar.
Uh, the building was burning and he wanted the hell out of there. Where I'm from, we call that a sh!t show and he was willing to do whatever to get the contract obligations met so he could bounce. That means things were bad there like way beyond coaching.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Uh, the building was burning and he wanted the hell out of there. Where I'm from, we call that a sh!t show and he was willing to do whatever to get the contract obligations met so he could bounce. That means things were bad there like way beyond coaching.
I really hope you are right and I’m wrong. We can revisit this discussion after the Liberty game. 👍

For the record O’Hara did get a few looks. At one point I thought he was for sure going to UAB. But he went to play with his brother. Nothing more, nothing less. He knows he’s not an NFL-caliber player. At least he’s going to have fun and make some lasting memories.
I wish him luck. He would not have started with UAB. Clark would have pushed him harder than we did. If he had the opp to play at UAB (the champs) and passed, then he sure wasn't hungry enough to turn things around here so he did us a huge solid by jetting. He should do better at Sac st. Good luck to him.

O'Hara could only hold the clipboard at UAB and he would need two hands to do it.

Probably the worst FBS QB I've ever seen.
He had speed and juke-ability but he wasn't a true QB. He was definitely a wilcat QB that could make throws but rarely went through his progressions, read D in pre snap or adjust the O. He had to rely on wTF to do that for him who was on the sidline. It really made him 1 dimensional most of the timh which is why he took off running a lot even when he had open wr's. If We could have used him as a slot receiver/rb, he would have been very effective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT