ADVERTISEMENT

Next hire is crucial.

The question is, why would Mack take it? He was slighted for this clown. What, now he comes here as a bridesmaid? I don't see that.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It's really hard to find good play callers at this level. Every offensive assistant out there who is a random WR or RB's coach is not a good candidate to become an OC and call plays. It is a massive step up in responsibilities and very few are cut out for it.

I really liked the hiring of Mitch Stewart and it's a shame we never could field a decent OL to see if he had the goods or not. His offenses at Samford were insanely successful.

I have no idea where Mason goes. I hope he remains open-minded and gets the best possible candidate instead of hiring a friend.

Reactions: mtfblue
What does Craddock make?

Only 240k but he may be in line for a raise or possible promotion after this season.

We could pay 400k for an OC if we wanted to.

Even 500k if it were a Dan Mullen type.

I still am not sold on Craddock. He flamed out bad before Troy and he's had a completely dominant OL and RB in Kamani Vidal which would make any OC look good.

He only makes $241,500. Double his pay and he would come over.
LOL. You know why he's gonna stay there. It builds up his cred and he gets an HC job next year. He's been an OC at an SEC school. He wants the HC gig now. Coming over here for a potential Arkansas crap fest is a risk for him.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It's really hard to find good play callers at this level. Every offensive assistant out there who is a random WR or RB's coach is not a good candidate to become an OC and call plays. It is a massive step up in responsibilities and very few are cut out for it.

I really liked the hiring of Mitch Stewart and it's a shame we never could field a decent OL to see if he had the goods or not. His offenses at Samford were insanely successful.

I have no idea where Mason goes. I hope he remains open-minded and gets the best possible candidate instead of hiring a friend.
Hope is the strategy now my friend. That's all we have now.

I think it all depends on what system Mason runs on offense. Is he willing to adapt and do some spread / pro-style hybrid or does he want to remain more tradition pro-style?

I don’t think you can win at G5 schools with a traditional pro-style offense. It’s hard to find the OL. Winning TOP isn’t as important as it once was. Rules have changed.

I’d like Middle to run the Liberty/Coastal offense. It’s aesthetically pleasing and doesn’t require having a size advantage up front.

Reactions: MTsumner92
I’d like Middle to run the Liberty/Coastal offense. It’s aesthetically pleasing and doesn’t require having a size advantage up front.
So the question would then be - what assistant(s) are available from either of those programs and would reasonably want to come here?

So the question would then be - what assistant(s) are available from either of those programs and would reasonably want to come here?
Hard to say because those offensive guys have been with Chadwell forever. I think Kennesaw State and Army run similar concepts too.

I don’t really have specific names because I doubt they are realistic. Mason will probably hire someone he’s already worked with.

So it looks like they were prepared to peak at $2.7M for the full staff. A $1.5M head coach would have had a flat amount for the assistant pool. Or at least that’s what I take from it. And it would be interesting to find out if Mason had some options within that in terms of how much he wanted to spread to the assistance versus his own pay

Reactions: RaiderDeez
How does that compare to what Stock had? Anyone know?
Easy way to roughly break it down under Stock:

Stock 900k
OC/DC 250k each
8 position coach 100k each

There’s obviously additional money in there but that’s roughly what they made plus or minus 25k. Essentially this allows Derek another 500k to give to people. Let’s say he went out and got a OC for 400k he would have 350k left. He could hire a good DC at 300k and have three additional position coaches or add other staff members. A 500k bump is quite a bit.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Easy way to roughly break it down under Stock:

Stock 900k
OC/DC 250k each
8 position coach 100k each

There’s obviously additional money in there but that’s roughly what they made plus or minus 25k. Essentially this allows Derek another 500k to give to people. Let’s say he went out and got a OC for 400k he would have 350k left. He could hire a good DC at 300k and have three additional position coaches or add other staff members. A 500k bump is quite a bit.

Those are not correct numbers for our former OC/DC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT