ADVERTISEMENT

Official Collective is Here

I completely agree on the part about the kids not believing it. What I meant by that tho is that getting someone who didn’t produce at a P5 isn’t necessarily a bad pickup basically.

I do have to disagree there. The vast majority of Power 5 transfers who have come to MT over the years have done squat. A few decent ones here and there but absolutely nothing or nobody that is noteworthy.

I do have to disagree there. The vast majority of Power 5 transfers who have come to MT over the years have done squat. A few decent ones here and there but absolutely nothing or nobody that is noteworthy.
2 of the big 3 on the men’s basketball team are P5 transfers

is trading our stars for their busts really something you're interested in ?

Don't have a choice in the matter. Might as well stand in the rain and yell at the sky.

Two things to remember:

1. Our peers are all fighting the same losing battle. So, no one we directly compete with should have an advantage. Even Liberty couldn't keep their 1k yd WR who bolted for LSU.

2. A kid who can't play in the SEC might still be able to be a difference maker in CUSA. It's about having a hungry and aggressive staff who can identify and land these guys. Our #2 and #3 WRs last year came from North Carolina and USF. Brent Stockstill came from Cincy. These guys are out there. This is an opportunity to open up an entirely new talent pool for a staff that wants to land these guys.

We were down on this because Stockstill and crew didn't bother to recruit any of these guys. We've got to get past that mindset - we're like a battered wife here - we've been abused by Stockstill for so long that we don't believe we'll ever get back up. Mason looks like he's going to put in the work to find these guys and bring them in.

College rosters in any sport were always transient. We might grab a guy for 2 years now instead of 3 (if they were really good, they bolted to the NFL). Either way, they were all leaving sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Don't have a choice in the matter. Might as well stand in the rain and yell at the sky.

Two things to remember:

1. Our peers are all fighting the same losing battle. So, no one we directly compete with should have an advantage. Even Liberty couldn't keep their 1k yd WR who bolted for LSU.

2. A kid who can't play in the SEC might still be able to be a difference maker in CUSA. It's about having a hungry and aggressive staff who can identify and land these guys. Our #2 and #3 WRs last year came from North Carolina and USF. Brent Stockstill came from Cincy. These guys are out there. This is an opportunity to open up an entirely new talent pool for a staff that wants to land these guys.

We were down on this because Stockstill and crew didn't bother to recruit any of these guys. We've got to get past that mindset - we're like a battered wife here - we've been abused by Stockstill for so long that we don't believe we'll ever get back up. Mason looks like he's going to put in the work to find these guys and bring them in.

College rosters in any sport were always transient. We might grab a guy for 2 years now instead of 3 (if they were really good, they bolted to the NFL). Either way, they were all leaving sooner rather than later.

Tired of the argument that since we are all screwed, nobody is screwed. A major appeal of college sports was being able to watch players develop over a 4-5 year period and actually be somewhat of a student athlete.

Small schools like us could strike gold and keep really good players for 3-4 years and if we compiled enough of them (which we did on occasion) we could even go on the road and beat teams like Missouri, Maryland, etc. That'll never happen again. The gap widens more, and more, and more. Boring.

They can take their NFL-lite and shove it. I have zero interest in watching my school be turned into a JUCO farm team so that the rich schools can steal all our good players and dump their busts on us. I'm not watching anymore.

Got an email this morning about the TrueBlue Give that just finished. Over $780k raised, $300k of which was for athletics.

With that coming in along with the good response to Build Blue, it gives a good hope that Raiders Rising can be successful too.

Key here is transfers. We all know it's been going on, but now they can do it in the open.

The entire process is getting ridiculous. Every time an athlete or school doesn't get their way they immediately file a lawsuit (and win said lawsuit). Why even bother anymore trying to have parity and rules in place to create a uniform and fair process???? 100% futile.

I'll never understand how this is fun or enjoyable for the fans anymore.

All I see is greed, greed, and more greed. Top to bottom.

Praying for the destruction of it all.

The entire process is getting ridiculous. Every time an athlete or school doesn't get their way they immediately file a lawsuit (and win said lawsuit). Why even bother anymore trying to have parity and rules in place to create a uniform and fair process???? 100% futile.

I'll never understand how this is fun or enjoyable for the fans anymore.

All I see is greed, greed, and more greed. Top to bottom.

Praying for the destruction of it all.
Totally understand that sentiment.

It all is going to come down to one or both of two things. They are deemed employees, or what I think will happen, unions are formed and a collective bargaining agreement is made. Base payments with incentives. IE making playoffs means more $ to players, etc. Then star players can make their extra via true NIL deals, just how the Kelce's and Gronk make extra from commercials.

There is no such thing as a student athlete anymore. And it's hard to admit that. I've said before I prefer to give to BRAA and scholarships over Raiders Rising, but times are passing my old fashioned feelings by.

Yikes....minimum membership is $1k.
Yeah, that's ridiculous. We absolutely should have ranges like CRT does for WVU. I'm not saying drop the high end ones, but there needs to be lower options too.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yeah, that's ridiculous. We absolutely should have ranges like CRT does for WVU. I'm not saying drop the high end ones, but there needs to be lower options too.

Yeah, they should come out with some lower end stuff. $10 bucks a month, or something like that.

Maybe they're trying to hit the high rollers without giving an option....and later can come out with the lower tier stuff.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Yeah, they should come out with some lower end stuff. $10 bucks a month, or something like that.

Maybe they're trying to hit the high rollers without giving an option....and later can come out with the lower tier stuff.
You can give lower rates through BRAA. Lowest rate is $50/year according to the site:

I don’t know too much past that but if you want to talk to someone about it, @ldeleon5 should be able to help with your questions

Reactions: ldeleon5
Reactions: SpaceRaider
You can give lower rates through BRAA. Lowest rate is $50/year according to the site:

I don’t know too much past that but if you want to talk to someone about it, @ldeleon5 should be able to help with your questions
That's correct! People can join the BRAA for as little as $50 (for recent grads). Standard membership starts at $100 per year (or only $8.34 per month!).

The collective will take donations of any amount, but the minimum for a "membership" is $1,000. That's how the Raiders Rising Board set it up. Just know that anyone can donate any amount if they're not concerned with being an official "member" of the collective. If you have further questions, feel free to email me at lee.deleon@MTSU.edu.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT