ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL +31.5

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
Line for Michigan game. I'm impressed, they think we can keep it within 5 TDs!

It was 31 for the last month where I book and then 2 days ago went to 30.5

I think Michigan covers and does so quite easily. They typically feast on smaller opponents like us, and we are never good in the beginning of the season.

I'll be at the game, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Michigan is one of the best bets for Week 1.

expecting to get boat raced but worth the 1.6 million that Chris Massaro will be depositing with his smartphone while watching the game.

giphy.gif

I'm expecting something like 49-3 with multiple defensive and special teams touchdowns by Michigan.

I hope I'm wrong, but again, they typically feast against teams like us. They overwhelm at the lines of scrimmages and everything just goes to hell. I hope our boys up front can hold their own, especially on the OL.

I am not sure if they cover or do not cover. I don't bet, so that aspect does not matter to me. I hope they don't obviously, but who knows. They are Michigan and we will be playing in front of 100k+ fans that do not want us to win. I do not expect us to win, but I hope our players do. To me it will be a great experience for our players and whoever plays QB. I just hope they show us as fans that this season will be better than we expect. Randall Johnson may be a pleasant surprise, or the opposite. Something is very intriguing about him.

Shafer coached for Harbaugh. He knows his tricks. Michigan does not have the talent UGA has. They are good but got curbed stomped by Florida who got owned by UK. We played tight with UK. Sorry, Michigan ain't even in the same universe as UGA speed or talent wise. Y'all can argue all you want. Michigan will not be throwing all over the place like UGA did. They are gonna run a lot and hog clock. That's Big 10 ball. Their secondary is questionable so that gives us some advantages as well. After seeing UGA in person last year, I ain't scared of many other teams.

Shafer coached for Harbaugh. He knows his tricks. Michigan does not have the talent UGA has. They are good but got curbed stomped by Florida who got owned by UK. We played tight with UK. Sorry, Michigan ain't even in the same universe as UGA speed or talent wise. Y'all can argue all you want. Michigan will not be throwing all over the place like UGA did. They are gonna run a lot and hog clock. That's Big 10 ball. Their secondary is questionable so that gives us some advantages as well. After seeing UGA in person last year, I ain't scared of many other teams.

Uh, hold on there cowboy.

Michigan hired Josh Gattis as the OC in the offseason. UM is going to be in the spread shotgun with tempo no huddle the entire game just like us with the preponderance of the plays being RPOs. If we stack the box they will throw. If we put an emphasis on the coverage outside the numbers they will run it. They have three elite receivers and QBs that are more comfortable in the shotgun than under center.

UM is going to be in the spread shotgun with tempo no huddle the entire game just like us with the preponderance of the plays being RPOs.

This should work to our advantage, the style of play is similar to what the defense does day in and day out.

If we stack the box they will throw. If we put an emphasis on the coverage outside the numbers they will run it. They have three elite receivers and QBs that are more comfortable in the shotgun than under center.

Well we do the say thing, the difference is Michigan *should* have better athletes. I'm thinking MTSU wins 24-17 as defense is our best team this year.

Reactions: DABLUERAIDERS
I'll lay some money down on that. Let's go.

I will never bet on a MT game, best believe Michigan has the horses to run with most team in the Top 15. Kentucky was a great team last year, they played down to MT and almost cost them in the second half. They were up 2 TD's at the half. You can never compare bowl games outside of the playoff and natty, but believe that it will be close. I guess we are just as good as Penn State who they boat raced 42-7.

Just talked to a Michigan alum/fan who just talked about this. They are looking forward to this new tempo.

Michigan hired Josh Gattis as the OC in the offseason. UM is going to be in the spread shotgun with tempo no huddle the entire game just like us with the preponderance of the plays being RPOs. If we stack the box they will throw. If we put an emphasis on the coverage outside the numbers they will run it. They have three elite receivers and QBs that are more comfortable in the shotgun than under center.

I like our chances even better now. Flipping to a new system with old style players is only gonna help us. They don't have SEC speed. Florida boat raced them on every play in the second half of that game. UF's D just swarmed their WR's. Watch the film. UGA had speed and playcalls that used their personnel in a way that few teams can. After seeing them play up close, no one we faced last year or will face this year is as good as they are on offense and D.

I'm still predicting that we don't get beat as bad as UGA beat us . I may be wrong but I feel that we will play better than we think in this one.

Gattis was co OC at Bama and they didn't run no huddle spread it all over the field there. Not super quick like Mizzou or Briles at FAU in 2017. It's probably a bit more like ours which is even better. He hasn't been an OC outright on his own ever in his career yet which is interesting for us as well. This hire could blow up in Harbaugh's face and his seat already ain't cold. If that's what they are gonna run, it could backfire hard. People might be excited about it but it's a double edged blade. If it works, it's awesome but if it doesn't, your defense is left on an island and their secondary is already suspect. The T.O.P. goes down and your chances of turnovers increases almost exponentially. It's a high risk offense. It feels like a desperate move on Harbaugh's part.

Last edited:
Also Kuato. Does your belly look like this?

Sadly it does. :(

Can’t compare Georgia to MTSU.

My point exactly, every year is a different year. New leadership (or lack of it), injuries, blood (freshman / JUCO's), etc. Who know's QB could a wash this year, maybe we lose something in the passing game but make it up on the QB ground game. My point was let's see how the team develops, obviously the first 4-6 games are the teeth but I don't like being a defeatist before we even know the who the starting line up is going to be.

I’ll settle for a decent effort at The Big House and then reserve judgement until after TSU and Duke back to back at home. Already purchased tickets to both.

Like a few others in here, I may not agree with 90% of what’s gone on out there since 2014, but it is still my alma mater and I’ve got a significant financial investment there.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Sadly it does. :(

My point exactly, every year is a different year. New leadership (or lack of it), injuries, blood (freshman / JUCO's), etc. Who know's QB could a wash this year, maybe we lose something in the passing game but make it up on the QB ground game. My point was let's see how the team develops, obviously the first 4-6 games are the teeth but I don't like being a defeatist before we even know the who the starting line up is going to be.

I'm comparing UGA to Michigan and Michigan would lose by 30 to them all day and every day. UGA played in the SEC championship and they were in the NC game a year before that. Michigan hasn't even sniffed the playoffs. The Big10 ain't the SEC. Not only could they not handle UGA, they couldn't even handle the No.3 team in the east. Will they be improved this year? Harbaugh is gone if they aren't. However, are they gonna do that with an OC that has never been one on his own before with talent that wasn't recruited for a faster paced offense? Also, their secondary is a weak link right now. They have lot's of question marks.

UGA is leaded for bear and is locked in. It's not even apples to apples in my mind.

Last edited:
They got throttled by a Sun Belt Team WITH Brent Stockstill, this is going to be a terrible massacre. NIL-56 even with Mich backups playing the 2nd half.

True. 2 weeks After coming off the biggest disappointment of his career. They clearly didn't want to be there. The season ended with UAB. Also, App State was the 2nd best team in G5. Doesn't matter what conference they are in. They were a badass team loaded with talent. Their coach got poached for a reason. App State was playing for their departed coach. We were still grieving the Championship game. That was obvious. We played a ranked UK team within 11 2 weeks before the UAB game and waxed UAB in the first game. Night and day difference after the Championship game.

We will probably look like an FCS team against them. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

I'm comparing UGA to Michigan and Michigan would lose by 30 to them all day and every day. UGA played in the SEC championship and they were in the NC game a year before that. Michigan hasn't even sniffed the playoffs. The Big10 ain't the SEC. Not only could they not handle UGA, they couldn't even handle the No.3 team in the east. Will they be improved this year? Harbaugh is gone if they aren't. However, are they gonna do that with an OC that has never been one on his own before with talent that wasn't recruited for a faster paced offense? Also, their secondary is a weak link right now. They have lot's of question marks.

UGA is leaded for bear and is locked in. It's not even apples to apples in my mind.

I wouldn't read too much into Michigan's loss to a Florida team they had blown out twice in the last 3 seasons in a bowl game coming off a disappointing loss to OSU in which Michigan had quite a few stars sitting out to prep for the NFL draft.

Does Michigan have questions this year? A few of course, but there is also a lot of high end talent including CB Lavert Hill and S Josh Metellus who will both likely be high draft picks next April.

To me it’s not just the talent. It’s the depth. Schools like that can simply wear us down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT