ADVERTISEMENT

Some non-MT football talk. Washington or Michigan? Who ya got?

Michigan is a much better team but since I can’t stand cheaters I’m pulling for Washington.

Same. I despise Michigan just as much as I do the Vols. Probably more. Sadly I think Michigan will win (their defense will stifle Penix) and Harbaugh will be gone by the end of the week to the NFL.

Michigan 35
Washington 24

Rooting for Washington, to the extent that I ever pull for a P5 prgoram. Harbaugh is carrying on the tradition of his father when he was at wku, caught stealing signs and Boots refused to play them after that and we didn't until their football moved to FBS.

Sadly I think Michigan will pull this one out.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
I'll be watching on a free stream.

Would love to see Washington win but Michigan is rolling.

ps. If anyone needs a good streaming site, check out. Every sporting event across the globe can be viewed for free, 24/7. Tennis, Boxing, Football, Basketball, UFC, Cricket, Russian Table Tennis, whatever floats your boat.

Just never install anything it tells you to, even "updates" to things that it may appear need to be updated. Close all advertisement pop-ups, enjoy.

Michigan is a much better team but since I can’t stand cheaters I’m pulling for Washington.
Just curious why you think Michigan is a much better team. They very well may be, but nothing I have seen says they are much better. Should be a good between contrasting styles.

Just curious why you think Michigan is a much better team. They very well may be, but nothing I have seen says they are much better. Should be a good between contrasting styles.
They are dominate up front on both sides of the ball. Just my opinion.

Rooting for Washington, to the extent that I ever pull for a P5 prgoram. Harbaugh is carrying on the tradition of his father when he was at wku, caught stealing signs and Boots refused to play them after that and we didn't until their football moved to FBS.

Sadly I think Michigan will pull this one out.
Interesting story about that game in Bowling Green. I had a sidelines pass for that game and walked out on the field right behind Boots after it was over for the handshake with Harbaugh. He verbally lit him up as he shook his hand and Harbaugh didn’t say a word. He knew he had been caught.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'll be watching on a free stream.

Would love to see Washington win but Michigan is rolling.

ps. If anyone needs a good streaming site, check out. Every sporting event across the globe can be viewed for free, 24/7. Tennis, Boxing, Football, Basketball, UFC, Cricket, Russian Table Tennis, whatever floats your boat.

Just never install anything it tells you to, even "updates" to things that it may appear need to be updated. Close all advertisement pop-ups, enjoy.
You like this better than the vipleague one you shared a while back?

How many here were 100% in their semi finals by picking Michigan over Alabama & Washington over Texas?

Became a Michigan fan before my old man introduced me to MTSU. I realize they're not popular right now, but honestly don't care. Been through alot of heartbreak to get through to tomorrow night. Taking Michigan, 35-31

Washington as the underdogs! It will depend on line play. I’ve not been this interested in a CFB championship game since 1998! To be honest, I’ve never been that interested in a Pac12 team or Pac12 in general except for Oregon during their latest heyday. This Washington team has been interesting for sure as well as Penix Jr’s last hoorah.

I've been struck by how well Washington has been able to protect Penix, as well as his ability to move around in the pocket. 11 sacks allowed in 14 games is pretty impressive

I've been struck by how well Washington has been able to protect Penix, as well as his ability to move around in the pocket. 11 sacks allowed in 14 games is pretty impressive
That will determine it all. Penix is beyond fun to watch. If Michigan gets to him, it's over. But if the Huskies line can protect him, they might have a shot. In my opinion if Michigan does win, it will be because of their defense, not because of McCarthy and Corum.

That will determine it all. Penix is beyond fun to watch. If Michigan gets to him, it's over. But if the Huskies line can protect him, they might have a shot. In my opinion if Michigan does win, it will be because of their defense, not because of McCarthy and Corum.
Think it will be a little of both because I don't think anybody can completely stop Washington. Corum starting to show the form from last yr before he got hurt. Washington is pretty vulnerable at the first 2 levels of their defense, I think Michigan will exploit that.

Always fun to watch a matchup of elite teams that have a contrast in styles

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Michigan will win.
Harbaugh will leave for the NFL.
In about 3 years Michigan will have to give back the trophy due to violations.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Michigan will win.
Harbaugh will leave for the NFL.
In about 3 years Michigan will have to give back the trophy due to violations.
Until the NCAA realizes that pretty much every high level program does what Michigan is being accused of. At the end of the day you still got to line up and play. Alabama hired Michigan's former secondary coach specifically for the semis.

Much as everybody outside of UM hates Harbaugh, him and coaches like him are great for the sport and student-athletes

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Until the NCAA realizes that pretty much every high level program does what Michigan is being accused of. At the end of the day you still got to line up and play. Alabama hired Michigan's former secondary coach specifically for the semis.

Much as everybody outside of UM hates Harbaugh, him and coaches like him are great for the sport and student-athletes
Thats my thought. I mean heck, in my son's PeeWee league, the 1 seed coach was at our playoff game recording it. Tripod and everything. No we don't have signs etc but still. The whole thing is stupid. If you are dumb enough to re-use the same signs, it is your own fault. And even if you know the signs, like you said, still have to line up and stop them. Knowing where the ball is going does zero good if you can't make that INT or make the tackle.

I get the issue was the recording, but that is a highly questionable rule. You can watch a game, you can record it on TV, swap game film, but you can't record it in person yourself. Just dumb NCAA in my book.

That being said, a rule is a rule and it was broken. Most likely is really really often. UM just got caught. And for that, Harbaugh will be Pete Carroll Jr. and head to the NFL and let UM deal with it on their own.

It is nice though not having GA or Bama in again.

What UGA had on the front 7 in previous years (21'-22') is what Michigan has this year. They do a good job of scheming pressure of of 3-4 and the DB's cover well in the backend. UW may have the more polarizing Offense, but Michigan is physical and gets consistent chunk plays. When graded for efficiency, explosiveness, field position, finishing drives, and turnovers -- they're ranked 1st in S&P+ after the regular season.

If Washington can contain Michigan’s d-line, I think they win. If not, I have Michigan winning. Final prediction is Washington 24 and Michigan 17 or something like that.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT