ADVERTISEMENT

BlueRaiderPod's Upcoming Interview with AD Chris Massaro

I know there's a lot of longstanding hard feelings and no one was more negative on the previous staff than me, but......we can't get so toxic and vengeful that we actually do more damage to the program.

I'm not sure the media/public realize how crappy Stock actually was, I do think we, as fans, somehow got a bit of a bad rap as a "we don't support the program" and "Stock did the best he could with what he was working with" sentiment. We know that it is bullcrap, but I'm not sure the outside perception is the same.

Mason, is by all regards, a quality coach and he's well regarded in the world of college football. We are seen as something of a quality program that hasn't put it together. If Mason fails here, it's possible that this could be seen as a coaches graveyard - "Yeah, MTSU - Murfreesboro's nice, but they have no fans"

I'm not telling anyone what to do with their entertainment dollar, or that you need to jump back in with your emotion investment, and I'm not going to play "you're a bad fan if you don't do X" card.

But I do think that maybe we have a chance to have a fresh start - the program seems to have some new life, and there is definite effort taking place to maybe reconnect with the fans and alumni. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, get some positivity going for the first time in forever, and see where it all goes.
100%

There is light. This podcast that got a coach and the AD within the first month is a good sign of engagement happening. The meet & greet today is refreshing.

I really hope TN Tech has a great great crowd. Labor day weekend, weather should be warmer, finally opening the season at home vs FCS, etc. Even if you don't want to join BRAA or buy season tickets, come to the first game at the least and support the change that has been made. We begged for it, got it, so that is the least we can do.

Reactions: ewglenn and Hop45
I know there's a lot of longstanding hard feelings and no one was more negative on the previous staff than me, but......we can't get so toxic and vengeful that we actually do more damage to the program.

I'm not sure the media/public realize how crappy Stock actually was, I do think we, as fans, somehow got a bit of a bad rap as a "we don't support the program" and "Stock did the best he could with what he was working with" sentiment. We know that it is bullcrap, but I'm not sure the outside perception is the same.

Mason, is by all regards, a quality coach and he's well regarded in the world of college football. We are seen as something of a quality program that hasn't put it together. If Mason fails here, it's possible that this could be seen as a coaches graveyard - "Yeah, MTSU - Murfreesboro's nice, but they have no fans"

I'm not telling anyone what to do with their entertainment dollar, or that you need to jump back in with your emotion investment, and I'm not going to play "you're a bad fan if you don't do X" card.

But I do think that maybe we have a chance to have a fresh start - the program seems to have some new life, and there is definite effort taking place to maybe reconnect with the fans and alumni. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, get some positivity going for the first time in forever, and see where it all goes.
We got what we wanted, a fresh start. I’m willing to give them another look.

I’m thinking that jakeboldenbrp and sWiley tag team Massaro. That way, the young aspiring sports journalist/podster doesn’t blow up his newfound access and sWiley can do what sWiley does best for all of us Old Crusties.
Yes! A good cop, bad cop dynamic. Haha!

These are our five highest attended games over the past five seasons. They are the only games we had over 16k for an attendance. If we do not have at least 20k for TN Tech I’ll be massively disappointed. TSU and CSU were a lot of fun so I’m hoping Walnut Grove and the stadium are packed for CDM’s first game in Floyd. Let’s go blue!

Tennessee St 2022- 22,227
Tennessee St 2019- 20,912
Duke 2019- 19,852
Colorado St 2023- 19,806
Murray St 2023- 16,605

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT