@ UAB - L
WKU - W
@ UTEP - W
@ La Tech - L
Charlotte - W
FAU - W
@ FIU - L

6-6....The Rick Stockstill Classic

Has anyone seen a season preview for MT yet? I’m curious to read about this coming season since we’ve had some turnover.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Monte Hale Jr doesn't sound optimistic

Monte Hale Jr doesn't sound optimistic

Sadly, instead of thinking CUSA Title, he’s probably thinking which six are winnable for another free bowl game vacation for the staff.

Outside of the game @ Miami, everything is winnable. Or should be winnable

it’s nearly impossible to really know where we are since we have to replace so many keys guys. Whole starting OL and a couple back ups will be new. QB is still a question mark with Cunningham returning, Vattiato returning, and Lowe possibly pushing for playing time/sub package. Who will start at RB ? We don’t know for sure. We do have some consistency and great players at WR, but that assumes our OL can block and our QB can get the ball there. Oh yea, we have a totally new OC that runs different personnel packages too…..

So yea, the whole offense is a huge question mark. Starting the season on the road @ JMU then @ Colorado State is obviously not ideal. Especially with Ricks Week 1 woes. I worry Stockstill won’t be too fired up to really try and win these first two games since we are expected to lose.

defensively there’s a little more hope. We return a good to great DL group and Butler is a good returning LB. Lots of question marks beyond that though. I like Shafer though and I believe he will have his guys ready to play regardless of who’s out there. Decorian Patterson has to stop getting beat.

we play one of the easiest schedules in the country so if the team has a pulse it CAN run off 7-8 wins and push for conference. But that will require the team to play well throughout the whole season. Can’t lose a bunch of games again in the first half of the season or it’ll be just another push for the ole reliable 6-6 finish just like last year. First two games are key we really need to win at least 1

Last edited:
How many Sky Suites are there? I assume these are typically bought by local businesses. Which is good, but just curious.

No offense to Colorado St. but they lost to Vandy last year and Vandy was terrible under their new caoch. He makes Mason look like Vince Lombardi. They went 3-9 last year. I just don't see how this is an unwinnable game. The same with JMU. JMU looks great against FCS talent. What about D1 FBS? They are a ? They don't have a NC title recently. They are way better than Colorado St. but I don't see them uprooting the SBC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT