ADVERTISEMENT

Learfield Directors Cup standings

Anyone else wonder where we would be ranked if you throw out WBB, Track, Tennis and Golf?????
That's not how it works. That's why I said that we have contributed more than any other CUSA team collectively since 2014 besides WKU. (Including all of those teams that bailed). Folks can hate it but those stats alone will ensure everyone there keeps their jobs. That's how it is whether we like it or not.

The regular fan doesn't give a rats behind about directors cup. What about winning an outright conference championship in the sport that matters.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
The regular fan doesn't give a rats behind about directors cup. What about winning an outright conference championship in the sport that matters.
The modern regular football fan only cares about the SEC and the NFL here in the southeast anyways. We could win 10 straight titles and we'd still fill half the stadium maybe. WKU won 2 back to back and still couldn't sell out an 18k stadium consistently. I was at both CUSA championship games they played up there and it WAS NOT full. Maybe 80%. G5 ball really doesn't move the needle much. We have to stop thinking it does. Memphis has attendence now but they are the only show in their city. We have UT and Vandy coupled with the preds and the Titans getting people's attention and focus. UTSA only gets attention on this and other CUSA boards. The average fan doesn't know who the hell they are. At all. Losing their bowl games back to back makes them even more irrelevent and they won 2 titles. Woopie doo! They looked lame on national tv. Just my opinion. :)

Winning and producing postseason results in just about every sport we offer is a metric the colleges measure and the leadership at MT won't change until that number goes south. Also, if it was so easy to do, why don't all of the other schools have the same numbers that we do. UTSA has only won in one sport the last 2 years and they've done nothing much in any other sport. FAU had the best MBB results ever but besides that and 3 years with Lane, they have been irrevelent. If anyone thinks the AAC got better with the defectors that made this conference weak as hell for years in every aspect, they are delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtfblue and ewglenn
As an alumni I want to see the school win as many championships as possible, but guiltily admit I would give up the Directors Cup for one championship football & basketball season.
And it is true not a lot of people care about this school or its teams. That includes most people in a 30 mile radius. Heck the year after MT beat Michigan St & won 31 games the next year we still only averaged a little over 5,000 in an arena that holds up to 11,500.
But it also represents the team's I've been following since I was a kid, & probably will till I die. Frustrating as we are, guess I'm a glutton for punishment "Homer".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT