ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NCAA Tournament in-game thread

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
For anyone else watching the tournament all day every day....chat about it here!

I've got Princeton knocking off Notre Dame in my bracket. So obviously cheering for them. Have them +6.5 as well!

Virginia squeeks by winning by 5. Underdogs 2-0 against the spread thus far.

Winthrop fighting back, single digit game.

Gonzaga struggling early with SDSU

Yeah. If we beat Minnesota I'm not thrilled at all about playing Butler. They are the real freakin' deal.

Minnesota laying the smack down. Was really worried it would go this way. Way too much confidence - Way too much national media attention. As MT fans, we all know what happens in these situations. Unfortunate. Wish our guys would get out there and move around. Everyone just standing around on offense waiting for something to happen.

Minnesota laying the smack down. Was really worried it would go this way. Way too much confidence - Way too much national media attention. As MT fans, we all know what happens in these situations. Unfortunate. Wish our guys would get out there and move around. Everyone just standing around on offense waiting for something to happen.

Things can, and will, change. Just hope they change enough to shut them down and score some at the same time.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
We keep shooting 20% and this is going to get really ugly

That's ****ing better. Get that Lynch bitch in foul trouble and get Williams going.

These refs are giving Minnesota every call......They've been to the line 4 times now with us going once.

Minnesota talking all that shit about their dominant bigmen yet getting out rebounded 17-10. Pretty sure we are right there with them in points in the paint too.

half time

37-31 MT leads

Outrebounding them 22-11 and shooting much better. Statistically we are DOMINATING them, but only up 6. We should be way further ahead. Very scared that we are not to be honest. When Lynch went to the bench with 2 fouls, we were able to do whatever we wanted. Refs are calling tons of ticky tack shooting fouls on us which has given Minnesota a ton of free points at the line while almost all of MT's fouls were on the floor. Williams missing that 1 & 1 was big. We've gotta hit our FT's.

Brandon Walters is leading scorer at the half, which is surprising. We won't win this game if our Big 3 don't have a better second half. Williams & Potts has got to score more.

Walters has been improving steadily this year - especially the last few games. He will be one of the main scorers next year.

Yup. Walters is awesome. We'll also have Davion Thomas in the fray who is supposedly going to be very good. It's an exciting time to be an MT fan.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
My favorite from GopherHole.

WindyCityGopher

user-online.png

Remember when we we up 7-0? That was awesome.

I like this comment:

cncmin
user-online.png

Think about this one...Gophers beat Vandy. MTSU destroyed Vandy. Gophers beat NU on the road. Vandy gets a 9 seed, and gets beat by NU (seems about right). MTSU gets saddled with a 12 seed... Gophers forced to play a team at least 3 seeds too low, and arguably 5 or 6 seeds too low (fair?).

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Respect is earned. And we are earning it. Minnesota's cocky fans had to learn the hard way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT