ADVERTISEMENT

0-4 against newcomers

Sam Houston, a two win team as an FCS program that was ill prepared to move up but was rushed into it because the collapse of conference USA has no business being on the field with us right now yet we can’t even beat them.

Honestly, there isn’t really anymore than can be said that hasn’t already been said by all of us. Its inexcusable- except here.

We have literally been passed by the new comers. If it was one loss or two, you could say it’s a fluke. But 0-4 is very telling about where we are at. This is also not just a 2023 problem. It’s been dealing for years, which is also telling.

This feels like rock bottom. How can the admin sit by any longer and watch this total destruction? We are the laughing STOCK of sports. If we don’t make that ESPN bottom 10, I would be shocked.

NMSU. Jerry Kill was hired for the 2022 season. Before that, they had 5 winning seasons since 1967! His first year they finish 7-6. His second, they are about to win their 10th! Who cares if it's a weak schedule. They beat a power team, are playing in the champ game, double digit wins, while we sit at home.

What a concept. A coach can change things. Yet our admin says things are ok. We are the epitome of that Naked Gun meme "nothing to see here, everything is fine."

Reactions: RaiderDeez
We are the epitome of that Naked Gun meme "nothing to see here, everything is fine."
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

NMSU. Jerry Kill was hired for the 2022 season. Before that, they had 5 winning seasons since 1967! His first year they finish 7-6. His second, they are about to win their 10th! Who cares if it's a weak schedule. They beat a power team, are playing in the champ game, double digit wins, while we sit at home.

What a concept. A coach can change things. Yet our admin says things are ok. We are the epitome of that Naked Gun meme "nothing to see here, everything is fine."

Think we could afford to steal him from NMSU ?

I’m sure stocks going to bend us over a barrel on the buyout so our next coach will have to be a cyber Monday deal.

I’m sure stocks going to bend us over a barrel on the buyout so our next coach will have to be a cyber Monday deal.
Hire Oakland's coach Kevin Creasy

Dana Holgerson???? He's been around a little much and has some personal issues, but has been relatively successful. Just thinking he might be a little cheaper than others.

Dana Holgerson???? He's been around a little much and has some personal issues, but has been relatively successful. Just thinking he might be a little cheaper than otothers
No. Just no. Lol. He's a heck of an OC. But not a HC. He HATES recruiting (why he wanted to go back to Texas) and is notoriously stubborn.

I love Kill but we all know we need someone young and hungry who wants to make us the next Boise or JMU, or hell, even the current Troy.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Dana Holgerson???? He's been around a little much and has some personal issues, but has been relatively successful. Just thinking he might be a little cheaper than others.
He's getting a buyout, so he may go cheap to stick it to Houston.

There will be guys looking for their opportunity at redemption or 1st job. This job pays over a million and new facilities will bring out some damn good coaching prospects. There aren't a lot of jobs open, and everybody loves cashville.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Please. No more HS coaches. I'm sure he's a good man.
His success at Oakland would bring Murfreesboro football fans, much as Insell did.

Unlike Insell, Kreasy has won multiple high school championships at two schools.

My only concern would be recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT