ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball Starters

altshauf

All American
Jan 15, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
Okay, as if any of you care right now. I watched the Exhibition games, and have to say here are MY starters.
1. Cason
2. Dow - Best freshman by far imho, she will have to help relieve some of Rowe's scoring
3. Leonard - Need to hit outside shots
4. Porter
5. Rowe
Things I have noticed.
-Janiece Johnson needs to be on the floor. She adds a dimension we have NEVER had at MT. She is slower than the other posts, but is so much stronger and longer giving her a distinct advantage on offense. Her biggest problem is she acts like every shot is for the game winner (visibly being really hard on herself after missed opportunity).
-Keke Stewart looks like she can help us some as well. She has done a serviceable job inside in both games.
-Caroline Warden will have the same job as last year. She is in or Shanice.
-between Jones, March, and Sells I feel like they are the next tier below the 8 listed above. This is just based on the first 2 games.
- Not sure how good we will be this season. Personally I feel we need someone to step up offensively besides Rowe, and the best candidate I have seen is Dow. Cason is not going to put up 12-15 pts per game vs CUSA competition. She is a scrapper who will create openings due to her penetration. Also, it just seems as though we do not have the energy of teams past with this group. Warden and Cason have great motors, but everyone else seems to want to play a finesse style game. Maybe this changes, but it is what is going on right now. Overall I do like this group (ESPECIALLY ROWE), and I think 18-22 wins is what we can expect. NCAA Tournament? Maybe...

Didn't see the game last night but we didn't play with much pep in the first game. I think UT will kill us on Friday just based on what I have seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT