ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Wichita State joins the AAC, fwiw

If MT gets either FB or mens BB or both to have sustained top 20 success I can see a move to the AAC in the future

If MT gets either FB or mens BB or both to have sustained top 20 success I can see a move to the AAC in the future

IT'll be interesting to see what their tv contract(s) look like when they come up for negotiation. Not sure what the value would be to a move to another G5 conference with exit fees/entrance fees, etc...

Good for them. I wish them continued success.

In retrospect, I am not so sure that our jump to Cusa did wonders outside of shedding the association with the "SunBelt". I don't think that basketball success correlates with CUSA membership other than we look like the new MEMPHIS (i just threw up a little).

In retrospect, I am not so sure that our jump to Cusa did wonders outside of shedding the association with the "SunBelt". I don't think that basketball success correlates with CUSA membership other than we look like the new MEMPHIS (i just threw up a little).

I prefer 'Louisville' to memphis. Speaking of memphis (thread derailment ahead), it is sure enjoyable reading that board even for just a few minutes. It's appears Tubby is too clean for their tastes. They are tearing themselves apart over there and outside of wku, vandy, utk, it couldn't happen to a more deserving group of folks...

http://csnbbs.com/forum-499.html

I've often wondered if the addition of FxU was worth it for about the only benefit of their large media market. Even though that media market is not your typical American city sports market. Down in Miami, it takes some pretty huge events to get crowds to show up in stadiums or arenas. I would really like to know the impact on C-USA media rights deal of having FxU as members? For the most part, FxU has been terrible for football and basketball. While they might have some cause for hope with new football coaches down there, their basketball programs are still terrible and dragging down the conference.

At least this offseason both of the FxU programs are showing some signs of investing in their football programs with new head coaching hires. While FAU is getting a controversial coach, he sure will bring a bunch of college football national media coverage to their program. Will be interesting to see how that situation works out.

An interesting facet, this move seems to be driven by basketball. For the most part, football has driven most conference moves for the last 15-20 years. The basketball driven Big East would be the main exception, understandably so.

Not that I'm expecting anything in the immediate future, it does seem an intriguing new development to see a basketball driven conference move considering MT's at 6 years of almost unprecedented success by MT standards. In my view, this is the sort of development that Prez McPhee, AD Massaro, Coach Kermit, and donors deserve credit for continuing to make the investment in growing successful basketball at MT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT