ADVERTISEMENT

Why not use a real horse as a mascot?

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
1418081451063.jpeg

By now, I'm sure most of you have seen the Game of War commercial with Kate Upton.

When first watching the commercial, the viewer is not sure if it's for a movie or a game.

The producers use this beautiful black horse to distract men like me.

I never noticed the girl because of the horse.
wink.r191677.gif

It's a beautiful horse that is undulating when it runs (see link).

College football fans are familiar with colleges that have a horse as their mascot.

virginias-cavalier.jpg
Virginia's Cavalier

ous-boomer-sooner.jpg
Oklahoma's Boomer & Sooner

osus-spirit-rider-and-bullet.jpg
Oklahoma State's Spirit Rider and Bullet

texas-techs-red-raider.jpg
Texas Tech's Red Raider

rutgers-scarlet-knight.jpg
Rutger's Scarlet Knight

southern-methodists-peruna.jpg
Southern Methodist's Peruna

ucfs-knight.jpg
UCF's Knight

wyomings-cowboy-joe.jpeg
Wyoming's Cowboy Joe

uscs-traveler.jpg
USC's Traveler

murray-states-racer-one.jpg
Murray State's Racer One

ncf_g_chiefosceola_200.jpg
Florida State's Renegade and Osceola

Since Middle Tennessee has a Horse Science Department, I would think that the University could come up with a better mascot than Lightning. Why not have a real horse as the official mascot of Middle Tennessee and have the horse introduce home football games by riding to midfield, like Renegade at Florida State? Once at midfield, Osceola plants a burning spear in the turf that excites the crowd. Obviously, a Blue Raider wouldn't have a burning spear to plant in the turf but I believe the sight of a rearing horse at midfield could excite most Blue Raider fans. What do you think, Mike?

dc3a5d2f-3895-4c61-a4d2-d6afd98bc6a7.jpeg

middle-tennessees-lightning.jpg

This post was edited on 12/13 5:41 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

Game of War: Live Action Trailer

This video gives you a behind the scenes look at Florida State mascot Chief Osceola and Renegade (see link). A Blue Raider couldn't plant a spear in the turf like Osceola but maybe he could plant a sword or wave a large MT flag at midfield. Anything would be better than Lightning. Thoughts?

Behind the Scenes with Chief Osceola

After writing the previous post, I realized planting a sword at midfield would not be allowed unless MT went back to a grass field, which I don't believe it would ever do. And perhaps the new synthetic surface would not hold up well to a horse's hooves. Oh well, forget that idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT