ADVERTISEMENT

Stop Referring to CRS as a .500 Coach

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
We’ve seen the numbers and when we really look at it we’ve been giving Stockstill more credit than he deserves.

He’s at .500 as we speak after more than 200 games coached yet a lot of the wins he has are against FCS schools and FCS to FBS transitions schools. And worse he hasn’t even won all of those.

So, let’s call it what it really is. We have a losing coach that this university continues to promote with absurd bonuses. This is evidenced by statistically significant data.

No championships
Record vs FBS
Record vs G5

And let’s no forget all of Rick Stockstill’s goals are still in front of him.

Remaining schedule is a combined 15-20.

Lose that Liberty game (which he will) and he just needs five wins against opponents who are 10-20 to achieve all his goals for the year. Cha Ching. Another $1M guaranteed and the crapbowl.com

One of the other guys just put it together a week or two ago. It’s on here.

I would agree. It's why I post on Twitter as I call them #StockStats each week. Usually on Tuesday once the dashboards are updated for Kelly Ford Ratings that I use.

G5 schedules are always front loaded but in CUSA even worse as we typically play the under .500 teams later. It's why he is 44-63 in the 1st half and 66-45 in the back end.

He also is
FBS 99-106
FBS .500+ finish 26-66
P5 6-35
G5 93-71
G5 .500+ finish 24-48
FCS 11-2
WKU 6-10
Troy 2-7
Champ games 0-1
Bowls 4-6

A quick look if you remove wins over 3yrs or less FBS newbies (Charlotte, ODU, FAU, FIU) it looks to be about 8 wins removed. So that would make his G5 84-71 or so.

The biggest thing for me (besides our two biggest rivals) is the record against .500+ teams. That's final season record after bowls and everything. So it doesn't include a 6-7 team. He literally only has 23.6% of his wins over winning teams.

He's currently 110-108 overall, and I really think he can be under .500 at years end. Should've retired last year after two straight bowl wins.

I listened to the coaches show last night.

I don’t know if I just like torture or what. Nothing new. He’s tired. It’s a worn out interview.

And let’s no forget all of Rick Stockstill’s goals are still in front of him.

Remaining schedule is a combined 15-20.

Lose that Liberty game (which he will) and he just needs five wins against opponents who are 10-20 to achieve all his goals for the year. Cha Ching. Another $1M guaranteed and the crapbowl.com
The thing is that we aren't better than those teams. If we started 1-6 to end up 6-6, it would be a miracle at this point. I honestly feel that FIU, SHSU, and Nex Mex are stronger than us. We have the talent to win but the coaching is bad like really bad.

The thing is that we aren't better than those teams. If we started 1-6 to end up 6-6, it would be a miracle at this point. I honestly feel that FIU, SHSU, and Nex Mex are stronger than us. We have the talent to win but the coaching is bad like really bad.
I agree. If we play like we've been playing, well, coaching, 100% we lose to SHSU. They are wayyyy better than their record shows. Same for the other two. I'm sure we will win one more. We always pull out one we shouldn't. I'm guessing UTEP, only because we have them at home. We should've lost to them last year.

I predicted 7-5, nope. If we somehow by some miracle hit .500, I'll give him kudos. Kudos as in "Good job. Now retire."

Reactions: MTLynn
I agree. If we play like we've been playing, well, coaching, 100% we lose to SHSU. They are wayyyy better than their record shows. Same for the other two. I'm sure we will win one more. We always pull out one we shouldn't. I'm guessing UTEP, only because we have them at home. We should've lost to them last year.

I predicted 7-5, nope. If we somehow by some miracle hit .500, I'll give him kudos. Kudos as in "Good job. Now retire."
After 18 seasons, that’s like giving an air traffic controller an attaboy for being .500.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT