ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we want to win today/tomorrow?

bobdizole

Blue Raider
May 7, 2015
Who benefits us the most?

WKU is square in Q1. Does ODU winning out help us out enough?

Even before last night I was pulling hard for A&M to beat The Tide who everyone said had to win to be in. Day started off bad when Alabama made the last of two miraculous shots to win and last night it became much worse.

To have any semblance of a chance, Rhode Island and Nevada MUST win their tournaments.

Alabama is already in, doesn't matter what happens there. They just steam-rolled Auburn today (which hurts us more)

Louisana needs to win SBC tournament. Them losing in the SBC finals puts another team on the bubble. Cajuns probably wouldn't get in, but their resume is just as valid as ours IMO.

Same goes for Buffalo and the MAC. Likely wouldn't get an at-large, but if they lose in the finals by 1 point or something they're going to have as valid a resume as ours.

ODU or Marshall needs to win CUSA tournament. ODU probably helps more.

Wichita State, Houston, or Cincy needs to win AAC tournament. Any of the 3 will do as the other 2 will receive at-large bids.

That's about it. But realistically, even if 0 bids are stolen and everything goes as planned, I just don't see us getting in. We are 0-3 against Top 50 BPI/RPI.

The committee is going to favor a team like Oklahoma State who has 8 wins against the Top 50. 8 wins against the Top 50 and we have 0. Oklahoma States worst loss is to Kansas State (#60). Lunardi currently has Oklahoma State Last 4 out and MT last 4 in which I adamantly disagree with. The committee is going to favor Okie St. over MT IMO. They have to, they're realistically the better team and playing much better basketball right now (Just blew out #6 Kansas before B12 tournament started)

I'll admit it's going to be close but I think we will be left out in the end because it's very easy for them to do so. No marquee wins, too many bad losses. Our own assistant coach said after the USM game we are realistically an NIT team. That should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:
I think bama winning was the nail in our coffin.

Bama might have already been in. If the season ended today I still don't think we'd be in. I think the committee will favor Oklahoma State over MT for the last spot. If you blindly looked at both teams resume, wins and losses, etc. you'd be shocked it's even a discussion. Go look at what Oklahoma State did this year and who they lost to.

I guess we'll see. But any bid stolen in the MWC or A10 100% takes us out of the conversation. We MIGHT be the 68th team right now.

Nevada going down tonight. SDSU gonna beat that @$$.

And boy was I right.

SDSU 66

Nevada 33

Good night MT.

So this will move MT to #68 on Lunardi's bracket. Literally the last team in. And there's still plenty of ball left to be played elsewhere for teams to steal bids or play their way in.

It's probably all moot anyway has Lunardi as Ok St., Syracuse, Notre Dame, Marquette, and a few others out that the NCAA will surely put ahead of us. What a shame.

And down goes Nevada. That's 1 bid stolen.

Final:

SDSU 90
Nevada 78

An absolute blow out from start to finish.

Davidson still out there lurking to steal a bid in the A10. St Bonnies and Rhode Island are in. Can Davidson get it done?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT