ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Where would you rank Reggie Upshaw among the all-time MT greats?

His development from last year to this year puts him in my top 5.

Agree, Top 5. He and Giddy perhaps the most recognizable nationwide. He will be missed. I never thought we could replace Shawn Jones. He deserves a sell out on senior day
This. Great ambassador for the program. Good kid by all accounts.

Upshaw, Jr. is such a complete player as point or stretch forward. I would love to have seen what he could have accomplished with a true 5 throughout his career.

It seems with few exceptions (Washington and Kidd) all of the really great players that have been at MT throughout the years have been forwards in the 6'5" to 6'8" range. So many it is hard for me to know where to place Upshaw, Jr. among the large group. Especially since the style of play has changed so much over time.

Not sure where he falls, but has definitely earned the right to be in the conversation. One of the best!

Upshaw is probably the best "all-around" player we have ever had. He also has played on a team that has been pretty good with lots of other good players, because of that he was able to be a contributor his first year and develop a complete game...we have had other players with better seasons or a couple of season but how many players have we had in the last 20 years that started all 4 seasons? A Yates maybe, who else?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think what makes him standout is that he has started since he was a Freshman. He has been up and down in his performance in his career, but late last year and this year he has become more of a force, leader and been more consistent.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
My memory of the Raiders goes to 2005. I admit before then I never heard of them and I followed cbb pretty close. In my small, feeble mind Reggie is the best that ever suited up for MT. All around talent and plays at 110% when he's in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT