ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL What will be the percentage of Vandy/MT fans for the opener?

I'll go MT 65/35

85/15 though I predict vu fans will claim about 4x the amount they actually have show up. Hopefully, whatever the number, they will be quiet and hardly noticeable throughout the game, sort of like the last two times we've played them in basketball.

It think it will be 80-20. Assuming the weather is good, I think it will be the largest crowd we have had in a few years - over 25K.

Whatever the split, they will proportionally have fewer fans in Murfreesboro than we did in Nashville. I can't imagine that too many Vandy fans will make the trip down. They can't even be bothered to drive a mile for a basketball game

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Whatever the split, they will proportionally have fewer fans in Murfreesboro than we did in Nashville. I can't imagine that too many Vandy fans will make the trip down. They can't even be bothered to drive a mile for a basketball game

Auburn had more fans at Bridgestone when Kermit's guys beat the Tigers than vandy was able to muster when the Raiders beat the commodores there.

Since they are considering a partnership for an off-campus stadium that is 33,000-35,000 which is in line with their 31,000 a game home attendance last year, I think the few Dore fans that do exist might want to see Floyd to get a feel for what their future may bring.

I'm guessing they bring ~3,000 to 5,000 and we have ~18,000 to 20,000. We announce over like 27,000, but we have about ~23,000 total. So a 7 : 1 Blue Raider to Dore ratio to start the game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I think that we will win the attendance game. Also this site needs more titans coverage.

90/10. They don't travel well.

Hard to argue with that point. If weather is decent, maybe they bring a few more since it's the start of the season with them thinking they might have a fairly decent team this season. Even so, I don't think they bring huge crowds.

I think that we will win the attendance game. Also this site needs more titans coverage.

While Titans coverage would typically be out of place on a college team's message board, it may be a good point this year with all of the former MT players on the Titans defense right now. Speaking of which, those MT alum Titan players seem to be promoting MT in the media. That is huge and valuable promo as the Titans are starting to capture Nashville's attention again in addition to the significant credibility pro NFL players bring to the typical sports fan mind. It sure would be nice for the university and athletic dept to really capitalize on this situation and work it for positive press and coverage for all it's worth. Especially with the season opener vs Vandy just a couple of weeks away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT