ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, another Stockstill season in the books

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
Piled up a few wins against awful teams with losing records. Won exactly one game against a team with a winning record and loss the bowl game. All the while getting a contract extenion and being one of the highest paid coaches in the conference. Welcome to MT football

Please find another team to root for! Our guys and coaches played their hearts out and deserve some praise! Great game plan and execution. I hope Coach Stock is here until he decides to go! I am a proud fan and cannot wait until next year! LIL STOCK & Reggie are an exciting duo along with a great team surrounding them! Our future is bright! Proud to be a Blue Raider!

These Freshmen have laid a solid foundation going into next season. Yeah, the coaching could be better but the recruiting is improving so the team should continue to improve as well. Next year should be fun!

Saw a tweet that said that since 2010, we have exactly 5 wins over teams that finished the season with winning records.

I see very little reason to be optimistic. James and Brent? Well, even the best ingredients can't save a dish when the recipe is broken.

We've all seen this many many times before. It's going to be 2023 and we're going to be on here wondering why we can't tackle, and wondering what it's going to take to score from within 5 yards of the goalline.

You can say what you want but we were robbed of a TD by a bogus holding call and that fumble caused by a player who was out of bounds cost us this game as well. Also, add a FG on top of that and we win this one. We have a good team. We'll be fine.

From an offensive perspective we have a lot to be optimistic about. From a defensive perspective I am not optimistic. We lose Barber which btw did not play today and look at the big runs they had. Our corners still struggle at times. We have better talent there and still struggle. Coaching? Anxious to see what changes we make there. The only thing on defense that gives me a ray of hope is that we will have a good defensive line. Still need some depth at DE though.

Am I the only one that didn't know Barber and Darius Johnson would not play today?

Reactions: MTBig Blue
Saw a tweet that said that since 2010, we have exactly 5 wins over teams that finished the season with winning records.

I see very little reason to be optimistic. James and Brent? Well, even the best ingredients can't save a dish when the recipe is broken.

We've all seen this many many times before. It's going to be 2023 and we're going to be on here wondering why we can't tackle, and wondering what it's going to take to score from within 5 yards of the goalline.
Don't want to burst your bubble but it's now 2024. He gets another year based on this season's performance? Has Dayton chosen an AD yet?

Last edited:
Colonel Sanders was 65 years old when he launched KFC.
He kept on trying.

When MT finally takes off, I'm ditching the name "BlueRaiders" and referring to them as "The Colonels". We'll have our own dual name thing going just like Auburn does.

http://yourstory.com/2012/07/the-st...t-65-and-failed-1009-times-before-succeeding/

"...One of the most amazing aspects of his life is the fact that when he reached the age of sixty-five, after running a restaurant for several years, Harland Sanders found himself penniless. He retired and received his first social security check which was for one hundred and five dollars. And that was just the beginning of his international fame and financial success story…

Colonel Sanders was 65 years old when he launched KFC.
He kept on trying.

When MT finally takes off, I'm ditching the name "BlueRaiders" and referring to them as "The Colonels". We'll have our own dual name thing going just like Auburn does.

http://yourstory.com/2012/07/the-st...t-65-and-failed-1009-times-before-succeeding/

"...One of the most amazing aspects of his life is the fact that when he reached the age of sixty-five, after running a restaurant for several years, Harland Sanders found himself penniless. He retired and received his first social security check which was for one hundred and five dollars. And that was just the beginning of his international fame and financial success story…

Oh, please don't!! I get bad memories of Eastern Kentucky University Colonels and their stadium Hangar Field. Reminds me that we came up short in winning OVC Championships during the 80's and 90's. Roy Kidd was a legendary coach and often had MT's number; he even won two 1-AA Championships for EKU Colonels in 1979 and 1982. Never quite got to that pinnacle under Boots: one semifinals appearance in 1984 (believe it or not, semifinals happened with our first NCAA playoff date, with Louisiana Tech) and several disappointing playoff quarterfinal/first round defeats (to said EKU. And Marshall. And Boise State. And Georgia Southern). We need a feel good success story! Colonels seems like a stumbling block as it also reminds me of "death valley" OVC trips to Eastern and Morehead, where we played ourselves out of contention of OVC Basketball Championships--in favor of Murray, Western, or Austin Peay winning and going to the dance.

How about Blue Angels? With our aviation and salute to our military; that's more of a success story.

I forgot all about EKU. Dangit. Forget "Colonels". Do remember the Sanders story, though. Great chicken story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT