ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Vote Middle Tennessee for an ESPY

When I click back on to vote it just shows my previous vote(s). Not sure my votes are even counted. Do you have to vote every category? Do you have to vote in the playoff (wtf is that)? How do you know you have finished and your vote counted.

Too damn complicated for this old fart!

depnding on which you use, right click on the link and you will see "open in an incognito or private window" Click on that and then you will be able to vote again. Close the window once you have voted, repeat and you can vote time and time again. It's not rocket science.

Chip Walters was apparently incorrect when he said recently on Monte's show, you can vote once a day on each device you have. Only if you do as above can you vote again.

I heard the whole team was going but the only pictures I've seen of the trip so far have been Kermit, Darnell, Reggie, Giddy and Jaqwan. Anyone know if the rest of the team went?

depnding on which you use, right click on the link and you will see "open in an incognito or private window" Click on that and then you will be able to vote again. Close the window once you have voted, repeat and you can vote time and time again. It's not rocket science...

Am I incorrect in thinking we should win this? A couple of factors at play...

1. Even if the vote simply came down to the general sports fan population, I would think we would have a good shot, considering the popularity of March Madness compared to UFC. (yes, UFC guy, I know the sport is massively gaining in popularity, but it still doesn't move the needle like March Madness)

2. Even though we lament the size of our support base, we do have one built in. I don't envision a Holly Holm fan club, a group of women's tennis aficionados, etc. banding together in some sort of concerted marketing effort to get out the vote for an ESPY award here. We have 22k students, 80k(?) living alums, faculty/staff, Murfreesboro/RuthCo community to draw from, and while only a percentage of those aforementioned folks will actually vote, it's still a defined base of support.

3. Unrelated to our chances to win, but we certainly deserve it on merit. Holm went out at what, an 8-1 dog? So her chances of winning were just over 10%. Our odds off knocking off Sparty were much lower.

Let's win the dadgum ESPY. Not sure how much more winning matters versus just being nominated in terms of attention for the program, but I don't want to lose to a freaking UFC match (or women's tennis, as much as I love tennis myself).

Reactions: SpaceRaider
When Aaron Rodgers wins the best play on a meaningless Hail Mary over a buzzer beating NCAA championship shot, you know results are not necessarily awarded to the most deserving.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
When Aaron Rodgers wins the best play on a meaningless Hail Mary over a buzzer beating NCAA championship shot, you know results are not necessarily awarded to the most deserving.
lol i had to do a double take when Rodgers got the award.

I normally never watch award shows, it has been the case for several decades now, and I was reminded numerous times last night of the reasons behind my decision not to watch award shows...

AND it reminded me a whole hell of a lot of the NCAA Selection Show. Overly long, boring and no respect.

Last edited:
And it has become more of a social statement event too. I don't watch sports for that. While the tribute to the Fulton player was moving it ended as a total political statement that lasted way too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT