ADVERTISEMENT

UAB leaves hole in Vawls schedule.

TeKEraider

All Conference
Dec 29, 2006
Game is at LP. We haven't schedule our 4th OOC game yet. It would be a good fit. Anybody think we are in the mix?

To me its an awesome idea, but Coach Stock will not want to do it. He will still want to play SouthCentralAlaskaOfTheNorthPoleStateSistersOfTheUnfortunte Poly Tech to get his 6th win and a contract extension. Hope Massarro would override him. That would be a great game to go to.

We've already got Bama, Illinois, and the team on West End. I know we need $$$s but don't you think that's enough "power" schools considering where we are.

Originally posted by MTFNBY5:
We've already got Bama, Illinois, and the team on West End. I know we need $$$s but don't you think that's enough "power" schools considering where we are.
I have no interest in playing utk at LP Field or Neyland for that matter.

The thing I want most is for the UAB football program to continue and that game goes on as scheduled. #SaveTheBlaze

Originally posted by Predarat:
To me its an awesome idea, but Coach Stock will not want to do it. He will still want to play SouthCentralAlaskaOfTheNorthPoleStateSistersOfTheUnfortunte Poly Tech to get his 6th win and a contract extension. Hope Massarro would override him. That would be a great game to go to.
Yes, it would. Would love to see MT play the Vols, especially in 2015. Liking the fact Abalama and Vandy are on the schedule.

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
IIRC Ball State is off the schedule now.
I'm not sure it's been officially announced but it may be the worst kept secret in MT athletics

DNJ article about the Bama game said we don't have a 4th game but are looking for an FCS opponent.

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Originally posted by MTFNBY5:
I have no interest in playing utk at LP Field or Neyland for that matter.
We don't want to play the Vols. They will be starting to roll next year. Vandy will have our number next year if we don't make some MAJOR improvements. I am sure that they are anxious to get some pay-back for the three losses that they suffered to us in front of their fans. One thing about Andy Mac, he got the team up for the SEC games. I can't say the same about Stockstill.

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
DNJ article about the Bama game said we don't have a 4th game but are looking for an FCS opponent.
I looked up the article. I stand corrected. It looks as if Ball State is off the schedule

Dave Hart is saying CUSA is on the hook for this game and that Bankowsky has said that CUSA will provide an opponent. Who else has a hole in their schedule?

Perfect for us!! Maybe we can get all of our 100k alums in the greater Nashville area to attend. I would fly in from Dallas for this game!

Sept. 5th is clear and we have no FCS scheduled as of yet. We have Bama the week after. Vandy was supposed to be on the 5th but they moved it to later in the season. Heck, go for it Massaro. Make some more cash, we obviously need it. That indoor facility isn't gonna build itself. Play em at LP. I'll go.

UT, BAMA, VU, and Illinois on the schedule. No one could say we have a weak schedule then. Especially compounded by Marshall, WKU and ODU. If LaTech, Rice or UTEP is also on the schedule then get ready for a tough season.

I typically don't like playing more than on money bag game a year, but this opportunity is too good to pass up.

Even if we don't win, if we don't embarass ourselves, we'll have done well to get our names in front of that many more people.

Originally posted by RaiderDoug:
I typically don't like playing more than on money bag game a year, but this opportunity is too good to pass up.

Even if we don't win, if we don't embarass ourselves, we'll have done well to get our names in front of that many more people.
WKU plays at Alabama the year after right now, maybe a swap could be done where we take their slot in 2016 and they ours in 2015. If that could happen I'd be okay with playing utk, I would go, but I would not be happy with it.

I am all for this game. We complain about attendance and not having excitment in our fan base, but i believe something like this would bring it. There's is nothing more insulting and motivating to a man or player for someone to tell you that you can't do it. I also want to make a point that according to the playoff committee it is all about who you play and if we -CUSA- want to be taken seriously we can't be afraid to step on the field.

The fact that we have 5 home games is the main reason i want to play this game. It being at LP at least allows me to easily go up to Nashville and see it so it's kinda like a home game.

I don't think it's gonna happen.

I hope it happens! I would like the schedule to look like it did in 2002. However, I would hope that our talent is better and we might be able to win a couple of these too. Nothing better then making the orange and white faithful... BLUE!

Originally posted by bluefutcpa:

I am all for this game. We complain about attendance and not having excitment in our fan base, but i believe something like this would bring it. There's is nothing more insulting and motivating to a man or player for someone to tell you that you can't do it. I also want to make a point that according to the playoff committee it is all about who you play and if we -CUSA- want to be taken seriously we can't be afraid to step on the field.
We've already played them recently (2011, I believe), and I'm not sure how much "excitement" that translated to our fan base as it's dwindled since then....

Originally posted by bigbadjohn45:

We've already played them recently (2011, I believe), and I'm not sure how much "excitement" that translated to our fan base as it's dwindled since then....
Thoughts exactly. In our first ten years as 1-A/FBS, scheduling such a game was great win or lose because of the cachet value that it brought to a startup program for major college football.

Remember next year is year 16/20 as a big time college football program. That's not a FBS newbie. At some point, we have to win SEC caliber games if we want to generate lasting excitement. Other than Vanderbilt, that hasn't happened a whole lot lately. Putting Alabama and Tennessee on the schedule will help financially However potentially/probably losing 45-10 or so doesn't achieve wonders we need. Consistent winning championships does. Yes, we have heart and character and anything can in theory happen. But, we need to be wise in scheduling if we also want to compete for a divisional or conference championship later in the season. OK with scheduling both if we can make it all fit, but we have to look at our total best interests first and not grab leftovers and hobble ourselves later on.

This post was edited on 12/6 8:07 AM by Raiderclyde

Originally posted by Raiderclyde:

.....I also want to make a point that according to the playoff committee it is all about who you play and if we -CUSA- want to be taken seriously we can't be afraid to step on the field.

Remember next year is year 16/20 as a big time college football program. That's not a FBS newbie. At some point, we have to win SEC caliber games if we want to generate lasting excitement.... But, we need to be wise in scheduling if we also want to compete for a divisional or conference championship later in the season. OK with scheduling both if we can make it all fit, but we have to look at our total best interests first and not grab leftovers and hobble ourselves later on.

This post was edited on 12/6 8:07 AM by Raiderclyde
Bluefutcpa makes the point that if CUSA want to be taken seriously, we can't be afraid to step on the field. I think at Alabama, at Illinois and Vanderbilt take care of that this year.

I agree with Clyde and others. We have to be smart in our scheduling. If we weren't already playing 3 - P5 schools, I would say go for it. But a DI school needs 6 true home games. Looking through future college schedules, SMU, South Alabama, and Georgia State appear to be available for a road game. I think those 3 fit in well. Plus, with if we schedule one of those schools, we would be 1 of very few FBS schools that plays only FBS teams.

Gotta be smart in our scheduling....

It's not happening. Massaro was on with Big Joe this morning suing the schedule was already pretty loaded.

Looks like Bowling Green will fill the slot.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT