ADVERTISEMENT

Trump/Boehner 2016?

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
BBJ, maybe after Trump loses he can play more golf with his good friend Boehner and Obama.

Donald Trump recently said that in a potential VP he is looking for “a strong political background, who was well respected on the Hill, who can help me with legislation, and who could be a great president.”

That sounds like a career establishment politician. Who fits the bill better than former House Speaker John Boehner?

Don’t laugh. After Boehner slammed Ted Cruz as “Lucifer in the flesh” and remarked that Trump was his texting and golfing buddy, Cruz had this to say:

“I saw Boehner’s comments. I kind of wondered if Boehner was auditioning to be Donald Trump’s vice president. You know, a Trump-Boehner ticket would really say the Washington cartel in all its force. One has been funding the cartel. The other has been giving in to Democrats for years, which is why Boehner lost his speakership…We need, instead, someone fighting for the people and not for Washington.”

Besides texting and golfing, Trump and Boehner also have tanning beds in common.

But seriously, don’t think Trump is beyond selecting the former Speaker as a running mate. They have a relationship that is also financial: Trump donated 100,000 to a Boehner Super PAC. Trump isn’t looking for an outsider; look no further to his courting of Chris Christie and Scott Brown as potential VPs. Many people may not know that Boehner was a congressman in the critical swing state of Ohio, whereas many other rumored Trump VP picks (save for Gov. Rick Scott) have no geographic pull.

If the GOP establishment senses that Trump is going to lose in November no matter what, it makes sense for them to lock out the principled conservative wing of the party (represented by the Cruz/Fiorina campaign) and unite the populist and moderate wings, which despite being occupied by rivals ultimately stand for nothing. Boehner, being retired for now, has nothing to lose if pressed to achieve that aim.

http://theconservatarianreview.com/trumpboehner-2016/

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278297-obama-pals-around-with-boehner-in-whcd-video

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT