ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Time to put this staff out to pasture

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Embarassing performance and we have a bye week coming up.

It is clear to me that there is no excuse to be this bad. This is not just an injury or two to key personnel. This is a lack of recruiting, a lack development, a lack of conditioning. This is having a geriatric coaching staff and a sclerotic administration. Time to clean house or better yet, burn it down, and start completely over.

This is the game that tells you Stockstill is done, whether he is fired or not. Whether he is still here next year. He is done. This staff is done.

The fans not showing is a show of no confidence.

My hope is that this season ends with ODU. I expect losses by double digit margins here on out.

I’ve tried to stay positive and I do like Rick Stockstill as a person but he’s just not getting the job done. He needs to be relieved of his duties but unfortunately none of us are rich enough to make it happen.

I'm amazed that ANY of you fine folks went to the game at all. You are better, more dedicated fans than I am. I've been done with this shit team for three years.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I didn't go Dave. I haven't been since vandy. I am a little down on the whole football thing for multiple reasons. The biggest, however, was that it used to be an enjoyable and socially but since I cannot afford to buy out the absurd contract, I stay home. Ready for roundball.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
I've been saying for years that coach stock seems like a good guy. It's great he stays after his players to do well in the classroom. I actually sort of feel bad for guy. It's obvious he's feeling really low.

Seeing the empty stands and sensing a real low in energy in and around the program, I've actually wondered if coach stock might resign? I'm not suggesting he going to resign. It's just pretty bad to the point that it seems a legitimate consideration or question at this time.

I've been saying for years that coach stock seems like a good guy. It's great he stays after his players to do well in the classroom. I actually sort of feel bad for guy. It's obvious he's feeling really low.

Seeing the empty stands and sensing a real low in energy in and around the program, I've actually wondered if coach stock might resign? I'm not suggesting he going to resign. It's just pretty bad to the point that it seems a legitimate consideration or question at this time.
I’d like to believe that will happen but in reality, he will probably hang on until the bitter end just like his mentor and current DL coach. Tommy blamed everyone from the “negative” media, to the fanbase and the administration for his demise at Memphis yet he failed to mention his extra curricular activities. Google his exit rant. I think Stock has more class though.

I've been to every home game (football and mens BB) and stayed to the end for 20 years. Who is coaching is irrelevant to my attendance or how long I stay at the game

Same here Lynn...I was there last night and will show up for the last two games but I can't deny any of the criticism in these threads. Our program is in trouble.

One thing is getting beat by better teams; but so far this year we have self-destructed in almost every lose and even in some of the wins.

Reactions: Hop45
I was there and brought a WKU and a Marshall fan with me. LOL. I don't know. I just don't know. If the Vandy vs. WKU game is at the same time, I'm going there because I owe my WKU buddy for going to that crap show with me last night.

On a good note, the Marshall fan that was with us is a cub scout kid we teach. His dad is on the road a lot with work. We took him over to the visiting team entrance and he got to high five all of the Marshall players coming in and out of the tunnel at halftime and at the end of the game. To see his face light up after he got to high five his heroes was worth all of the crap I had to endure. :) Marshall's team is classy and was super nice to him. Gotta give them props.

At the end of it all, it's a game and we'll either pull our heads out or not but it's been a rough season for me and that's saying something. I'm not gonna give up yet but yeah, I'm critical like the rest of you because there is no more candy coating this turd.

Perfect timing for a bye week. Two weeks until UTEP kickoff so maybe the sting of last night will wear off. Let the PR machine start building a demand for Salute to Armed Forces Day. Free tickets to all active and retired military. Big fireworks display, free hot dogs!

I’d like to believe that will happen but in reality, he will probably hang on until the bitter end just like his mentor and current DL coach. Tommy blamed everyone from the “negative” media, to the fanbase and the administration for his demise at Memphis yet he failed to mention his extra curricular activities. Google his exit rant. I think Stock has more class though.

That sort of reminds me of the waning days of coach mac.

I suspect coach stock has way more class than all that. Admittedly, there's no indication that coach stock is going to resign. That empty stadium on national tv spoke volumes about the state of the program.

Perfect timing for a bye week. Two weeks until UTEP kickoff so maybe the sting of last night will wear off. Let the PR machine start building a demand for Salute to Armed Forces Day. Free tickets to all active and retired military. Big fireworks display, free hot dogs!
Don't forget the air guitar to rap music promo.

Alex is a man and stands up for his family and team. Most of these keyboard warriors couldn't last one day out there on that field. He has passion and loves his team. Got to respect that.

Calling out coaches who are doing a crappy job is a sign of disrespect? Alex needs to step away from the twotter.
Apparently things got even uglier after I offered my advice to just ignore the guy. He invited the guy to practice and strap on some pads. I know Alex's HS position coach very well. Glenn is a former Memphis DB.

good grief players acting like that on Social Media is reminding me of what happened at the end of SlappyMacs tenure. Though he did not have the fortune of a Golden Corrall All You Can #E.A.T.T contract for going 6-6, though it would not have mattered with him.

good grief players acting like that on Social Media is reminding me of what happened at the end of SlappyMacs tenure. Though he did not have the fortune of a Golden Corrall All You Can #E.A.T.T contract for going 6-6, though it would not have mattered with him.

I was thinking about that last night and early this morning.after seeing the back and forth on twitter, recalling how some of mccollum's marietta mafia were supposedly going through the tailgates looking for message board 'slappies' to intimidate. If there only had been twitter back then... because there were a whole lot more fans and a whole other level of criticism after four straight losing seasons, twitter would have been in flames if it had existed.

Reactions: Predarat
Ok, first of all, those coaches are like fathers to those kids. That is their family and a lot of those kids don't have families in the traditional sense so when some dude in his pajamas gets on a keyboard and sparks up, a couple of these young men might take offense. Now, it's easy to say that he should be the bigger person and not respond. However, if someone constantly said crap about my family, we would have a problem. I admire his passion.

I get criticism and disappointment. I have given plenty of my own criticism this year but this game involves young men that have invested a great deal and have a much different connection to this program than us. While I disagree with a lot of the coaching decisions this year, I admire Alex's passion and backbone. He's gonna stand up for his family. If you don't to deal with the horns, then don't piss off the bull.

Ok, first of all, those coaches are like fathers to those kids. That is their family and a lot of those kids don't have families in the traditional sense so when some dude in his pajamas gets on a keyboard and sparks up, a couple of these young men might take offense. Now, it's easy to say that he should be the bigger person and not respond. However, if someone constantly said crap about my family, we would have a problem. I admire his passion.

I get criticism and disappointment. I have given plenty of my own criticism this year but this game involves young men that have invested a great deal and have a much different connection to this program than us. While I disagree with a lot of the coaching decisions this year, I admire Alex's passion and backbone. He's gonna stand up for his family. If you don't to deal with the horns, then don't piss off the bull.
Watching some of their actions and displays on the sideline Saturday night makes me think differently. If you don’t believe me, go to the game next week and watch what happens at the first sign of adversity. Hell, the head coach even took his usual spot all by himself at one end of the sideline to pout and shake his head. There is photo evidence to back it up. When Rome is burning, he needs to be engaged and right in the middle of every huddle. He’s the CEO.

Like Bill Belichick, I don't use Instachat or Snapface, so I don't know what Dale was responding to. Did someone cross a line, or was it just normal fan criticism that coach's get when they don't get results?

Like Bill Belichick, I don't use Instachat or Snapface, so I don't know what Dale was responding to. Did someone cross a line, or was it just normal fan criticism that coach's get when they don't get results?

A few of the good ones. Several “grabbing popcorn” responses by others as well. LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT