ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL The Auburn basketball game...

Someone posted the Warrant on a different board. It mentions paying players at different universities, but doesn't say names.

Since it's FBI now, makes me wonder which players were paid once the NCAA starts looking.

I'm shocked, just shocked a Bruce Pearl assistant is dirty.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Someone posted the Warrant on a different board. It mentions paying players at different universities, but doesn't say names.

Since it's FBI now, makes me wonder which players were paid once the NCAA starts looking.

I'm shocked, just shocked a Bruce Pearl assistant is dirty.

None of this happened without Bruce Pearl's knowledge. I hope the justice department leverages the legal woes to get the head coaches and all the guilty parties involved...

IIRC, The Pearson warrant said something about him paying a player or facilitating a player at a university getting $10,000.

The FBI had an undercover agent in this world for 3 years he said all the facts he learned isn't in the affidavit. What kind of firestorm is coming....

If Pitino and Pearl dont lose their jobs after this then it just further proves that the NCAA is crooked and biased towards P5 schools

My friend who lives in Auburn told me there is some other stuff not related to this about to come out on AU. He has worked as an associate AD in the SEC so I trust his sources.

excerpt:

...Auburn released a statement sayingit was "saddened, angry and disappointed"and hired the firm Lightfoot, Franklin and White to do an internal review.

“This is the tip of the iceberg,” Ridpath said. “There are arrows pointed at some pretty big names includingBruce Pearland probably most notablyRick Pitino. They are on the hot seat right now. I think many schools, many athletic directors are very puckered right now.”

One lingering question is the status of the student-athletes involved.

Person has been suspended, the university will have to decide what to do with the two players referenced in the complaint — their identities were withheld — that allegedly received a split of $18,500.

While the NCAA allows student athletes to practice while under investigation, it will be up to the university to decide what to do.

“Technically they could let them practice probably, it really is competition that is the big thing.....

CBSSports.com:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...basketball-this-season-and-for-years-to-come/
FBI probe will change college basketball this season and for years to come. The top 25 could look different with eligibility cases now popping up and recruits scrambling

...The FBI and the NCAA have a lot of work to do. That work will be the backdrop on the season to come. Bear in mind this grenade went off three days prior to the sport opening for official practices. (The season is just over 40 days away, its start date Nov. 10.) And as it stands right now, a lot of men -- and plenty of players -- who were planning on being a part of the 2017-18 college hoops season will no longer be. Their chances of ever partaking in a college season again are slim at best.

Start with the coaches. Arizona's Emanuel Richardson, USC's Tony Bland, Oklahoma State's Lamont Evans and Auburn's Chuck Person have all been suspended. Soon, they'll all be fired, probably never to coach in Division I again. But before they go, who will they take down with them? It's key to keep in mind that more coaches are under suspicion. It's key to keep in mind just how much leverage the FBI and the Department of Justice will have when it comes to leaning on defendants.

These coaches and financial advisers and shoe company reps are not drug mules protecting big bosses in a cartel. They're family men who work at proud universities, men working a corporate basketball ladder who got caught up in a money game while trying to lure the best players in an effort to eventually land themselves head coaching jobs. If pressured, they'll likely have little reason not to talk in an effort to reduce their own punishments.....

another excerpt:

...The FBI does not play. It has done what the NCAA could never even dream of. Undercover operatives. Wire-tapping. Years-long probes and mountain ranges of evidence. This is already an open-and-shut case, and as one federal official put it on Tuesday, and I'm paraphrasing: We're only sharing with the public a portion of the evidence we've uncovered.

There are still coaches out there, and the guilty ones know who they are, who are vulnerable to being accused. And what are Brad Underwood and Frank Martin thinking right about now? Both employed Lamont Evans. Mike Boynton is only months into his job at Oklahoma State. Who is safe? There is a lot to figure out.

"We have your playbook," New York FBI Assistant Director in Charge William Sweeney said Tuesday in a warning to other coaches. "Our investigation is ongoing. We are conducting additional interviews as we speak."

In the coming days and weeks, more information will come up. College basketball's biggest story of the offseason is also its most destructive in decades.....

Glad the FBI performed the investigation without notifying the NCAA. This is going on in football as well so will there be more news coming.

I want to see the dead rotting corpses of P5 programs all over the NCAA landscape. NCAA Death penalties, show cause penalities, entire athletic departments arrested and convicted and perp walked to federal prison. And if it bleeds over to G5 programs (cough, cough - wku, uconn, memphis, etc.), the more the merrier, I say. Burn it down to the ground.

IMO, bammer football should have received the death penalty years ago... wonder if the FBI will find more dirt?

Montgomery won't be the last recruit to do that. It won't be just coaches leaving schools. Recruits will by the dozens. They will want to leave and head to a school without a neon FBI finger pointing down on it. It will change all recruiting. I mean this undercover agent was there for meetings. All these coaches, even the ones that aren't part of the investigation, are going to be watching who they associate with now. This will change everything. And I wouldn't be surprised if football winds up as part of it too.

Crazy times we are living in! There is so much info breaking on all of this, it is difficult to get a good full grip on it. Judging by some of the columns from established college basketball media guys, it will grow and grow. Already, emergency staff meetings at D1 programs all over the country. Reports of coaches hiring lawyers rampant within just the first day.

Interestingly, maybe disturbingly, these same reporters are talking like all of this has been widespread, rampant, and an open secret with most major college programs. Folks at programs like ours have obviously been complaining about corruption of the rigged system of NCAA particularly for P5. While it seemed like nothing might ever get done about all of the corruption, bam, something suddenly looks like it might be getting done about all of it. One major reporter is already suggesting that this just might cross over to football sometime in the not too distant future.

Some of you may have seen, some rumors already floating around the internet about WKU and their 5 star recruit. With it just being unsubstantiated talk at this point, I'm not even going to bother trying to get into those details.

This may be getting a little too far ahead on the matter, but would you just up and take any of these 4 or 5 star recruits at your G5 program? Specifically, over the next few months? Maybe by next season? Just thinking a few of them fleeing a program might have received a big ole check not too long ago. The more lines I write for this post, the more I see some of those players almost having to wait by the NCAA if not the FBI.

I flipped on msespn and to my surprise, they broke away from the flag/anthem protest garbage for a few minutes to one of the talking heads saying he didn't think this was breaking news that high school star athletes were getting paid "taken care of" that he knew it years ago. My thought: 'you loud mouth son of a bitch, if you knew then why are we only hearing about it now. You gutless piece of sports talk garbage.'

Maybe now that the cap is off the toothpaste tube, sports 'journalists' will find the guts to investigate and report the facts. ..... Nahhh, that's too freakin' hard. And they have spent years kissing up to all the name coaches to get access without doing anything related to what should be their damn jobs.

This may be getting a little too far ahead on the matter, but would you just up and take any of these 4 or 5 star recruits at your G5 program? Specifically, over the next few months? Maybe by next season? Just thinking a few of them fleeing a program might have received a big ole check not too long ago. The more lines I write for this post, the more I see some of those players almost having to wait by the NCAA if not the FBI.

If these players took money, they should be ineligible at all schools. These players have responsibility as well and should be accountable for their rule violations.

Reactions: MT Glenn
If these players took money, they should be ineligible at all schools. These players have responsibility as well and should be accountable for their rule violations.

They are no longer amateur athletes, they want to get paid, there are pro leagues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT