ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise!

Coming out of high school, Cutrer was rated the 6th best prospect in Louisiana, the 15th highest rated safety in the country and the 166th rated overall player in the nation. This is huge for MT, guys.

Reactions: SmithO1906
This seem like one of those deals where coach stock's tendency to keep 1 or 2 scholarships in his back pocket after signing day really pays off. For years, so many coaches seemed to over-sign. Coach Stock so often seemed to undersign by 1 or 2 on a lot of signing days. At times like this, Coach Stock is looking pretty smart and wise.

This seem like one of those deals where coach stock's tendency to keep 1 or 2 scholarships in his back pocket after signing day really pays off. For years, so many coaches seemed to over-sign. Coach Stock so often seemed to undersign by 1 or 2 on a lot of signing days. At times like this, Coach Stock is looking pretty smart and wise.

Good post, Duke.

Coming out of high school, Cutrer was rated the 6th best prospect in Louisiana, the 15th highest rated safety in the country and the 166th rated overall player in the nation. This is huge for MT, guys.

Casey, just curious, is this our first-ever four-star player here at Middle?

We got Jeff Littlejohn who may have been a 5 star back in like 02. I know he was a top-5 DT.

Jarrett Crittendon. Who was the 4 star that originally signed with USF that got kicked off the team before he took the field for his first fall practice ?

Sam Williams, Chris Anderson.....

MT hasn't had much success with 4 star players outside of Littlejohn

I always heard Anderson was one of the dumbest guys on the block.

I remember one of the previous coach's biggest fans telling me that Anderson was going to be an All American and we would win a conference championship every year he was here. LOL.

Really hope cutrer contributes big time, but the past record of 4stars who find their way to Murfreesboro and JRFloyd Stadium has been mostly disappointing.

Sancho McDonald was a 4 star too.

Sancho was a 3-star player with Rivals, but he was listed as the 15th best dual threat QB in the nation that year, and he was a top-100 player in the state of Florida, which was no small feat, either.

Now that I think about it, he may have been a 4-star player at some point with Rivals, but his stock might have slipped after his achilles injury.

I always heard Anderson was one of the dumbest guys on the block.

I was around the team a lot during his time here but never really talked to him so can't speak to that, however, he had the skinniest legs of any lineman I've ever seen. Literally skin & bone....it was quite a weird site to see.

It's funny the way it works. Arguably the two best players on our team, Byard and Barber, we're not even ranked by most recruiting services IIRC.

Chip Walters interviewed Stephen Rhodes in the Blue Raider Report segment on AllSportsTalk yesterday. Rhodes was asked about new players who have caught his eye. He mentioned the player, # 45, who was going to LSU (he couldn't remember his name) as one who he had noticed on the practice field.

Gotta think we have a player in Cutrer; hoping his name will be known by everyone very soon.

So far, Cutrer and Heard are doing very well in camp and are looking to crack the starting lineup. They are solid #2's already. Cutrer has made some lockdown plays in camp so far and looks to be a baller. Peter Bailey DE/DL is making some waves as well and has major talent. Lots of upside. If the D is disrupting the O right now, that's a very good thing because they didn't have near as much bite this time last year as they do now.

Don't think the roster on GoBlueRaiders.com has been updated since fall camp started

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT