ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment...here we go again

Kennesaw's is a bit deceiving since they played a bunch of NAIA and D2 opponents every year
They’d still be on the list even without those wins. They’ve had 5 in the last 5 seasons.

They’d still be on the list even without those wins. They’ve had 5 in the last 5 seasons.
actually 6 but who is counting...lol i bet you counted dixie st at FCS. this year the have 3 in a 9 game schedule 2 d2 and 1 non ncaa or naia. I don't know how this years schedule gets you ready to transition.

actually 6 but who is counting...lol i bet you counted dixie st at FCS. this year the have 3 in a 9 game schedule 2 d2 and 1 non ncaa or naia. I don't know how this years schedule gets you ready to transition.
Fair enough, I did count Utah Tech. Had to throw some shade back lol.

My prediction is SBC, MAC, and PAC will join forces to create the SAC. Super Athletic Conference. Since we snubbed our nose at two out of the three conferences we will be left to wither in the “regional “ cusa for eternity, sentenced to a life of perpetual bottom feeding. Not joining the Mac when the opportunity was offered will go down as one of the worst blunders in MT history…

We’re raking in millions we damn sure weren’t going to raise in BRAA and ticket sales. Not going to MAC is continuing to prove to be one of the best decisions we’ve made for the long term stability and health of the program - with FAUs run further supporting that notion. But that only matters if there is successful follow through. In five years hopefully McPhee is gone and we have someone who actually leads.

I agree, I think staying in CUSA was the right decision. I wanted the MAC when I thought the world was ending but I’m glad we didn’t move. We’re collecting a lot of money from the departing members and we’ve got some close members now with KSU and JSU joining. Say what you want about those two but they have more upside than everyone in the MAC imo.

We’re raking in millions we damn sure weren’t going to raise in BRAA and ticket sales. Not going to MAC is continuing to prove to be one of the best decisions we’ve made for the long term stability and health of the program - with FAUs run further supporting that notion. But that only matters if there is successful follow through. In five years hopefully McPhee is gone and we have someone who actually leads.

I agree, I think staying in CUSA was the right decision. I wanted the MAC when I thought the world was ending but I’m glad we didn’t move. We’re collecting a lot of money from the departing members and we’ve got some close members now with KSU and JSU joining. Say what you want about those two but they have more upside than everyone in the MAC imo.

Both 100%. I was same as ewglenn, but I've been surprised by the new media deal, "some" of the new additions, not to mention FAU's gift.

But as MT01 said, we must follow through. We don't have a very good track record of capitalizing on achievements or $$. With the drastic landscape changes that aren't done yet, we have to stay alert and prepared and never allow ourselves to be complacent as we have before.

Reactions: Hop45 and ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT