ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Stockstill FIRED

I hate to say it but I'm about to go off. So Stock was a nice guy, well respected, etc. Ok. Good. But two things come to mind.

1) his job is to win games, win championships, win bowl games. He didn't do that. Period. I don't care how nice you are. If you don't do the job you are being paid for regardless of not having resources (which I still haven't figured out), I don't care, I'm going to call for your firing.

2) it ticks me off that these former players are putting their coach above the school. Most have a diploma that says Middle Tennessee State University. Sure it was helped to be paid for by Stock through a scholarship, but his name isn't on the diploma. Loyalty should be to your Alma Mater, not a person who happened to work for them.

I just need to go to bed before I cause a crapstorm on X.
Send it and then wake up to entertainment in the morning.

I hate to say it but I'm about to go off. So Stock was a nice guy, well respected, etc. Ok. Good. But two things come to mind.

1) his job is to win games, win championships, win bowl games. He didn't do that. Period. I don't care how nice you are. If you don't do the job you are being paid for regardless of not having resources (which I still haven't figured out), I don't care, I'm going to call for your firing.

2) it ticks me off that these former players are putting their coach above the school. Most have a diploma that says Middle Tennessee State University. Sure it was helped to be paid for by Stock through a scholarship, but his name isn't on the diploma. Loyalty should be to your Alma Mater, not a person who happened to work for them.

I just need to go to bed before I cause a crapstorm on X.
Couldn't have been said any better. And we've still got players saying how "he's a winning coach" on X... meanwhile every other neutral fan is talking about how we are a joke of a program and he is a loser who only wins 50% of his games (I disagree with both of those assertions, but it's true he was 113-111). It's depressing to see us being the joke of college football because of how mediocre we are. Finally, we have a shot to actually make an impact. Or crash and burn. But at least we'll have something different.

These former players are just loyal to Stock, and not MT. Do yall remember when we had former players in the NFL, and during prime time games the players would announce their school? Our few NFL players would say their high school instead of MT. Stock must’ve been trashing the fans and university all along. I guess it’s our fault why they couldn’t win a conference championship or beat Western? I also can’t help but think about this “Stock built character” narrative and seeing these players act so immaturely for something they aren’t invested in anymore

I watched this as much as I could. I noticed a phone number on their ticker. Please Wiley or MT01 call in and debate these guys. Here’s the number 615-900-4286
Not worth my time.

With respect to springer shows like this and former players spewing idiocy I believe the following is illustrative of the approach they have failed to entertain…

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

I don't at all. Honestly, he's probably glad. We all saw his face this season.

How do we know he didn't want out, but hated to leave that buyout on the table?
Stock looked like he didn't want to be here all season. For all we know, Massaro could have staged this so he would get his cash and prizes. I wouldn't be shocked. It seemed out of the blue so to speak.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Stock looked like he didn't want to be here all season. For all we know, Massaro could have staged this so he would get his cash and prizes. I wouldn't be shocked. It seemed out of the blue so to speak.
I listened to the post game show on the radio after the Sam Houston game. Stock’s tone was really off. He sounded very defeated and checked out. His answers were less direct. I didn’t say anything on here but I got the sense he was going to retire

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
That crossed my mind too...,..

Reactions: MTOleBlue

interesting thought you have there. I'm surprised that thought did not cross my own mind. As one who has issues trusting others, it's easy for me to imagine Stockstill telling Massaro his intention to resign, then Massaro suggesting he be fired instead so he can at least receive a nice parting gift, maybe enough to buy a beach house in Delaware after Massaro's "servicing fee" was deducted.

I’m about to start a crap show on X. Wish me luck guys!
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

In case anyone wants to follow along or join in…

Not a single one of us would have done it any differently. I know I wouldn’t. It was definitely way past time for Stock to go but the contract is just that, a binding contract. The idiot who gave it to him is the one I fault. Not Stock. And you all know how I have felt about it since June, 2015. He’s an employee with an employment agreement. Not a booster although he did give back $500,000 which is commendable.

Stockstill still wanted to coach. And still wanted to coach here. Why would he retire ? I don’t blame the man at all for wanting to stay. I’m sure he believed he could fix it and he was the right man for the job.

Time will tell. We will soon see if it’s as hard to win here as some might want you to believe.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
Stockstill still wanted to coach. And still wanted to coach here. Why would he retire ? I don’t blame the man at all for wanting to stay. I’m sure he believed he could fix it and he was the right man for the job.

Time will tell. We will soon see if it’s as hard to win here as some might want you to believe.
This. I debated starting a X crapstorm and decided against it. I've come to the conclusion Stock was here, it was time to move on. Thanks for what you did do (I mean he did do some good).

They say oh the new guy will get a better opportunity. It won't be apples to apples etc.

Every new coach at every school gets new toys. Why? New donations for the new hope. More ticket sales for the new hope. Etc etc. It's never the same from one coach to the next.

Let's give the new guy a chance. I know I will. I hope those that are fussing will come back too. If not, they can follow Stock. I want people loyal to MT. I know I've donated to BuildBlue and BRAA. I've done my part and that's all I can do to ignore all the noise.

...Let's give the new guy a chance. I know I will. I hope those that are fussing will come back too. If not, they can follow Stock. I want people loyal to MT. I know I've donated to BuildBlue and BRAA. I've done my part and that's all I can do.....
I stated earlier I don't care which candidate gets it, I think there's a least a couple of guys that appear to be good fits. I just want them to get this one right. I wish maybe that this could have started a little earlier so we could have our guy in place already, but this not one of those 'all the girls get prettier at closing time' kind of things. Massaro really needs to get this right and if it takes a day or two longer to get the right guy or make sure the guy is not getting cold feet, by all means get it right. Both sides need to feel this is the right fit. Do that and I am happy and ready to renew season tickets the minute we have a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT