ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Stockstill FIRED

I respect the players' love of MT and Coach Stock but jeez some of the comments they're making on Twitter are just idiotic. "Keep your orange on, we don't want you back" -- um, how about we don't want you as a representative of Blue Raider sports if that's your attitude?
Where are you seeing this ?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Diaz isn't coming here. We couldn't even come close to paying what it would take.

Reactions: MTSUSkyman
I'm back baby!!!!
Tired Fx Networks GIF by Reservation Dogs

Just go up and down Kirby and Saban's staffs until someone says yes.

I'm particularly intrigued by Glenn Schumann, who at 33 has already been on six national championship staffs(possibly soon to be seven) if you include his time as a SA and GA in Tuscaloosa. He makes $1.9M at UGA though...

With the facilities being built, i wouldn't be surprised to get some bigger name targets applying for the job.

Press conf at 2 central time. Doesn't look like it'll be live streamed but will be on YouTube after.

I think we could. He would roughly be in the $1.5M category at Penn St. (if it weren't for his Miami pay). Get him close to that with a contract laden with incentives. It could be done but he would have to want to come back.

He will have Power 5 offers. He isn't coming to MTSU

Guess I understand where those players are coming from. If I had a boss who never pushed me, held me accountable, & pretty much allowed me a free ride as long as I showed up for work (in his case, meaning go to class) I would be pretty loyal too. Wish I could have had a boss who wanted to be more of a friend than a boss.

You've got people literally saying "Finally! I'll come back to a game!" and then this is the response. It's absolutely moronic.
Alex is a Memphis kid. Played at MUS. He’s a scout for the Vikings organization now. Since MTSU, he’s been at APSU as a GA and at Arkansas as an analyst. Players are always loyal to their coach and teammates first, school 2nd. It is what it is. He was a HS teammate of Shane Tucker. Something else to ponder about how inbred this staff was with former players and cronies……..
Tucker WR/Recruiting Coord.
Brent Stockstill QBs
Alex Suber CB’s
Blake Catlett QualityControl
Maurquice Shakir Offense GA
I’Tavious Mathers Offense GA
Tommy West
Rick Mallory
Brent Brock
This Football program needs a complete makeover. Top to bottom.

Last edited:
Diaz isn't coming here. We couldn't even come close to paying what it would take.
Diaz had a 21-15 record at a school in the finest recruiting area in the country. Why would he perform better elsewhere?

Diaz, like other average head coaches, relies largely on his coordinators for success.

Look for a guy who has won big at more than one school. He likely won with multiple coordinators.

He will have Power 5 offers. He isn't coming to MTSU
We'll see. P5 schools are reluctant to hire a guy who just got fired a couple of years ago from a school with resources like Miami has. If he does it will be somewhere like Indiana or Duke. Basically basketball school type situation.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
For those looking to support via NIL, there’s a post at the top of the main board with links.
Right now, I’m looking at BRAA levels and the corresponding bennies. That and season tickets again. Not gonna jump in with both feet just yet. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. I’m hoping and thinking there’s more to come.

Diaz had a 21-15 record at a school in the finest recruiting area in the country. Why would he perform better elsewhere?

Diaz, like other average head coaches, relies largely on his coordinators for success.

Look for a guy who has won big at more than one school. He likely won with multiple coordinators.

Not convinced Manny was given enough time there. Hell, we're six years into a 40% winning pct basketball coach and some peopel around here still aren't convinced he isn't the guy. I think Manny will do well where ever he goes next.

That said, I wouldn't argue with your criteria. Bringing in someone who has already proven they can win I think is in an important factor for us. I also think this criteria is even harder to come by than Manny would, so we'll see.

Right now, I’m looking at BRAA levels and the corresponding bennies. That and season tickets again. Not gonna jump in with both feet just yet. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. I’m hoping and thinking there’s more to come.
I'm waiting on the details. Based on how this unfolds I'm willing to increase my donation to BRAA.
I refuse to do NIL.

Was told they are working to post the Massaro presser later today at the main youtube page (https://www.youtube.com/@GoBlueRaidersTV/videos).
At least Massaro and Owens had the common sense not to give Stockstill the podium and a public bully pulpit to rant on his way out of Murphy like Memphis allowed Tommy West to do back in 2009.

But Stock has more class than that (and $5 million reasons not to.) 😂. I think West was owed only $2.7 for three remaining years with no offset for taking another job.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Seen this name pop up in the past. Art Briles too dangerous still? Coaching in Italy currently. Also 67 years old.

Reactions: ewglenn

He is making 1.6 to 2 million at PSU, but that has been offset by the Miami buyout. So PSU is only playing a percentage of total through this year. There is talk that PSU may not be willing to pay the entire salary for him when the U finishes this year.

For reference, Lane got $950,000 at FAU and Tom Herman is getting $750,000 base. If PSU lets Manny go, and he wants to be a HC, we could probably get him for 5 year, 4 to 5 million.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT