ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Smyrna QB John Turner on board

While he's fresh on my mind, I spent the other day breaking down film of Turner because I got the sense that this could happen sooner rather than later (not this soon, though).

I gotta say, I love this kid on film. He's got an extremely accurate arm. Reminds me a lot of AJ Erdely in that regard (sorry for the comparison). He's also a much better athlete than he gets credit for. He had a hellavu showing at a Nike camp earlier in the year where he recorded a 4.74 40 and some really impressive numbers in other areas.

Speaking of camps, Turner showed out at a UT camp recently. He ran with the first group and took home top honors. Doesn't sound like UT is close to offering at this particular moment, but I get the sense that this kid is going to start racking up the offers.

MT will have to work hard down the stretch to keep him, IMO.

Reactions: Matt Dossett
Sorry if previously mentioned.. Does he intend to early enroll?

Not to my knowledge, but he does have Ivy League schools keeping tabs (he did tell me he'd have to test higher to qualify though) so one would think his academics are in order enough to consider it. He plays basketball for Smyrna too, though, so that might factor into it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT