ADVERTISEMENT

Should the Sun Rise Again...

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
before Stockstill is fired?

I'm just disenfranchised that our leadership is so clueless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
The answer is he should fired tonight...

He won't be and when asked by the PTB, why not, do you have the money to write the buyout check? The answer should be no, that's on you Massaro. That's on you McPhee. You created the problem, you need to take the hit.

It’s pretty simple. Stockstill deserves to be fired. If he can’t be fired because we can’t afford it, then every person who had a hand in writing his contract needs to be fired. I’m looking at you Chris “the clown” Massaro and Sidney “7 wood” McPhee.

nothings gonna happen though. They are protected by government bureaucracy and ineptitude which is the standard these days amongst government jobs.

Any other program would have him packing before now. Massaro has made it impossible.

Massaro is going to look like a idiot as we ride into 2025 with a .400 coach making 890k a year.

I wanted his ass gone in 15.

A beautiful Saturday afternoon/evening, Sitting around the fire pit listening to Wes and Chip. Told my wife that I was so glad we are no longer supporting this sh** Show. In years past, (20+) we would have made the 1hr trek in to the Boro, Either tailgated or pregamed at our favorite watering hole, Shuffled over to JRF, sat thru ”that”, then drove the hour home.
life is simpler now
I’ve moved on

A beautiful Saturday afternoon/evening, Sitting around the fire pit listening to Wes and Chip. Told my wife that I was so glad we are no longer supporting this sh** Show. In years past, (20+) we would have made the 1hr trek in to the Boro, Either tailgated or pregamed at our favorite watering hole, Shuffled over to JRF, sat thru ”that”, then drove the hour home.
life is simpler now
I’ve moved on

So many good ways to enjoy a fall afternoon. I let MT football control my family's schedule and activities for way to long. It's like the veil is lifted and I don't know if we'll ever go back to the way we were before.

It's just not worth our time if the results are always the same. It seems Massaro judged success only if a team could make a bowl game, not realizing even those were starting to slip away. Also, not realizing there are so many bowl games these days it's not so special anymore. Rebuilding a program that is down so far in so many areas might be too difficult. It's down in so many areas.

I think the true disappointment for me is that lack of leadership to realize the great potential a program like MT has/had. Very sad to see an opportunity to really build something special was laying right in their hands and they droppedthe ball. I'm talking about all sports and the overall program could have really put itself on the map, but a weak AD has fell flat on his face. I really think it's probably too late. Our window was 10-15 years ago to capitalize off of the benefits of social media, the Nashville market exploding, the move to CUSA, etc. All those opportunities are gone now and we are worse than 10 years ago.

#whatmighthavebeen

It will be easier to build a program from the dumpster with the new Transfer rules coming in to place. The hardest will be you are competing with other schools with all the flashy things. Hell just get the football complex built, that would be huge in recruiting. Then redo the men basketball locker-room and repurpose the old football locker-room to weight room for all other sports. You will need a young coach with swagger and energy to get out and go after the transfers and high school kids. It's not a hard formula, just got to at least get the football complex built.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It's just not worth our time if the results are always the same. It seems Massaro judged success only if a team could make a bowl game, not realizing even those were starting to slip away. Also, not realizing there are so many bowl games these days it's not so special anymore. Rebuilding a program that is down so far in so many areas might be too difficult. It's down in so many areas.

I think the true disappointment for me is that lack of leadership to realize the great potential a program like MT has/had. Very sad to see an opportunity to really build something special was laying right in their hands and they droppedthe ball. I'm talking about all sports and the overall program could have really put itself on the map, but a weak AD has fell flat on his face. I really think it's probably too late. Our window was 10-15 years ago to capitalize off of the benefits of social media, the Nashville market exploding, the move to CUSA, etc. All those opportunities are gone now and we are worse than 10 years ago.

#whatmighthavebeen

Spot on. The dream is over and dead. We missed our chance. Fumbled away by poor leadership and average coaching at best. We had a small window and we needed a rockstar AD and Head coach. Instead, we got a boring "middle" of the road head coach who delivered in the classroom but not on the field or the trophy case. Our AD is boring, unimaginative, and couldn't outraise a lemonade stand. In 15 years we have not progressed one bit on the field, zero progress with facilities, and no momentum amongst the fanbase. The fanbase is actually dead and has regressed. We are worse off now than we were 15 years ago which is just disgusting to think about. We have pissed away almost 2 decades of FBS/D1 existence while other programs have done great things and continue to build their programs.

It's shocking it's been allowed to continue this long without any meaningful change. Once again, it simply reinforces that this administration and staff just doesn't take winning seriously. People tell you the truth through their actions, not their words. And the actions of our coaches and administrators speak loudly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT