ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thoughts on Deion at Colorado?

big dose and the biggest collapse in CU history. Trying to pad his son's stats finally back fired.

Prime is doing his job. He's having to build this up and it takes time. He had to get bodies in there to present with. This year, he will get more beef and serious depth in. I would kill to have Prime as our coach. Our corpse is about to get re-buried on national TV tonight yet again. 18 + years of rinse and repeat.
I agree. I was just thinking being able to beat us is not really a measure of success. Deion hasn’t accomplished enough yet to warrant the hype he has gotten though. Maybe he will eventually, but maybe he won’t. It is easier to bring in athletes than it is elite linemen. Everyone has athletes.

I agree. I was just thinking being able to beat us is not really a measure of success. Deion hasn’t accomplished enough yet to warrant the hype he has gotten though. Maybe he will eventually, but maybe he won’t. It is easier to bring in athletes than it is elite linemen. Everyone has athletes.
That's why he's been using the hype. To attract the beef. (big lineman on O and D) He's putting himeself out there. Love him or not, he's doing his job and getting the interest. I want to know of any first year P5 coach that is killing it right now. Freeze isn't. Rhule isn't. ASU's HC isn't nor Stanford's even though he got a great win. Northwestern's is losing. Purdue's is too. Prime is still 4-3. It will be interesting but we are talking about him on our board so Prime is winning in reality.

That's why he's been using the hype. To attract the beef. (big lineman on O and D) He's putting himeself out there. Love him or not, he's doing his job and getting the interest. I want to know of any first year P5 coach that is killing it right now. Freeze isn't. Rhule isn't. ASU's HC isn't nor Stanford's even though he got a great win. Northwestern's is losing. Purdue's is too. Prime is still 4-3. It will be interesting but we are talking about him on our board so Prime is winning in reality.
Exciting the fan base and increasing donations has been his best work.

I cannot stand braggarts.

That said, his team has improved, they’ve won more games, attendance is up, donations are up, excitement is up, recruiting is better.

He’s hitting ever mark you would want from a new coach. I have no idea what his ceiling in Boulder is, but year one is a complete success.

Oooops!!!!

56-14
I honestly think their OL is worse than ours. They had Cougars fall down, get back up, and still be able to get to Sanders.

Last night the issue though was their defense and special teams. Awful. It's obvious Deion went after skill players in the portal. He's gonna have to go get another 30 guys. I figured they'd be 7-5 or so. Nope.

I honestly think their OL is worse than ours. They had Cougars fall down, get back up, and still be able to get to Sanders.

Last night the issue though was their defense and special teams. Awful. It's obvious Deion went after skill players in the portal. He's gonna have to go get another 30 guys. I figured they'd be 7-5 or so. Nope.
I just wonder if Deions strategy to rebuild by big numbers through the portal every year will work. I think kids will get turned off from constantly looking over their shoulder at who is trying to take their job. Deion has been vocal about calling out his players mid year saying he will have to go get some new players. That’s not really building a TEAM. These are young kids and they’re first time away from home. No possible way I would recommend my kid play in that atmosphere. It seems like total chaos and a lack of my development of players on or off the field.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I watched Deion coach a ton of games at Jackson St. this isn’t a surprise if you watched them and what they were doing. I’d love him at MT for reasons other than his ability to coach.

I just wonder if Deions strategy to rebuild by big numbers through the portal every year will work. I think kids will get turned off from constantly looking over their shoulder at who is trying to take their job. Deion has been vocal about calling out his players mid year saying he will have to go get some new players. That’s not really building a TEAM. These are young kids and they’re first time away from home. No possible way I would recommend my kid play in that atmosphere. It seems like total chaos and a lack of my development of players on or off the field.
problem is these are his hand picked players, you're not going to out athlete most P5 teams like he did at Jackson St. He ran off an oline that was young and only gave up 27 sacks ly to bring in his hand picked guys that have given up over 55 sacks with 2 games to go. I feel bad for his son taking all these hits

Named 2023 SI sportsperson of the year, winning 4 games. You can’t ignore these stats. This is what a coach that isn’t a wet fish can do for a program.

Black or African American applications are up 80.6%; nonresident applications are up 29.8%; and international applications are up 38.4% from 97 countries, including 16 that didn’t have any applications last year.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/30/deion-sanders-sportsperson-of-the-year-colorado

Named 2023 SI sportsperson of the year, winning 4 games. You can’t ignore these stats. This is what a coach that isn’t a wet fish can do for a program.

Black or African American applications are up 80.6%; nonresident applications are up 29.8%; and international applications are up 38.4% from 97 countries, including 16 that didn’t have any applications last year.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/30/deion-sanders-sportsperson-of-the-year-colorado
Give MT a season or two of good football / basketball & you’ll see the same thing here.

Make MT football fun again

I dont think it will work. You need some continuity within a program to build and establish a winning culture.

I'll be shocked if that happens at Colorado. I see a lot of losing and mediocre football in their future.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
well there is a story out saying the son has no relationship with anyone but his brother and hunter. apparently the of wazzou, they were having bad practices and they stopped practice and made everyone run sprints and the wb just left the field and went inside, while the team is being punished.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT